Strange Food Combo/Cravings

Cachoo

Ok this is one of those threads that starts on a sleepless night: What are your strange food pairings/ cravings that you enjoy? A friend mentioned his love for peanut butter and onion sandwiches. Sure enough I found a website devoted to it w/many fans. I can’t imagine it.

My strange combination: I like some strawberry jam mixed into my scrambled eggs.

Your turn!!!

PeterG

When I was a kid, my sister's best friend told us that her brother like his turkey sandwiches with mustard as the sole condiment. I've loved my turkey sandwiches this exact way to this day. :D

screech

Not weird cravings in particular, but I tend to have one craving lead to another.
For example, in my college years I used to work at a convenience store that had a soft service ice cream machine. When I'd give myself ice cream, I'd then crave one of the hot pepperoni sticks we sold. Then after having one of the pepperoni sticks, I'd crave grape bubble tape.

Winnipeg

Has anyone read the Sue Grafton mysteries? The heroine int he book loves "pickle and peanut butter sandwiches". I do not know whether she is referring to sweet or garlic pickles but either one sounds odd with Peanut butter.

I have heard and seen people eat banana and peanut butter sandwiches

gkelly

I've mentioned before that I like my peanut butter sandwiches savory, with grilled vegetables (usually mushrooms, sometimes also onion or zucchini or eggplant), black pepper and herbs, and arugula or spinach.

Cachoo

Has anyone read the Sue Grafton mysteries? The heroine int he book loves "pickle and peanut butter sandwiches". I do not know whether she is referring to sweet or garlic pickles but either one sounds odd with Peanut butter.

I have heard and seen people eat banana and peanut butter sandwiches
My mother loved pickles and pb sandwiches. Sometimes she would add cheese. That habit started when she was pregnant and she never lost those cravings.

Icetalavista

Lots of sweet/savory, or bland/spicy/salty combos here...one of nature's perfect food mixes!

As a kid I liked grape jelly on eggs. I like cheese and apples together (but that's a sorta oldfashioned classic mix). I like watermelon in a savory salad. Mac n cheese is bland enough to be paired well with some kind of tangy sauce. Or Kraft Dinner for you 'Dijon Ketchup' lovers

LeafOnTheWind

dark chocolate hummus

I found a new food that sounded weird but is perfect if you don't like excessively sweet things. It's just enough of a chocolate taste without all the sugar. I've tried it with apples, blueberries and strawberries now.

mccraigmon

Banned Member
Oh, I love these quirky food combos! 🤣 So, here's my strange-but-tasty twist: I'm all about mixing a dollop of strawberry jam into my scrambled eggs. It might sound unusual, but that sweet and savory combo hits the spot for me!Now, if you're still exploring wild food adventures, here's a cool tip from my own experience: consider adding some protein in bulk to your diet. It's a game-changer, seriously! I stumbled upon this awesome selection at this webpage: https://www.znaturalfoods.com/collections/protein-powders, and it's been a total win.

Judy

When I was a kid, my sister's best friend told us that her brother like his turkey sandwiches with mustard as the sole condiment. I've loved my turkey sandwiches this exact way to this day. :D
I have to have mayo lol.

Judy

We are all weirdly different 🤣 If it doesn’t kill you .. why not?

I cannot do roast of pork. I remember at a young age telling my mom that I was never going to eat pork again. I have tried since as an adult … pork tenderloin etc. Nope, nope and nope.

Cachoo

Oh, I love these quirky food combos! 🤣 So, here's my strange-but-tasty twist: I'm all about mixing a dollop of strawberry jam into my scrambled eggs. It might sound unusual, but that sweet and savory combo hits the spot for me!Now, if you're still exploring wild food adventures, here's a cool tip from my own experience: consider adding some protein in bulk to your diet. It's a game-changer, seriously! I stumbled upon this awesome selection at this webpage: https://www.znaturalfoods.com/collections/protein-powders, and it's been a total win.
I like sour cream in my eggs too.

puglover

I like grilled cheese sandwiches with strawberry jam. I don't spread it on, just use the jam as a dip.

barbk

dark chocolate hummus

I found a new food that sounded weird but is perfect if you don't like excessively sweet things. It's just enough of a chocolate taste without all the sugar. I've tried it with apples, blueberries and strawberries now.
I saw that at the grocery store on markdown. Hmmm....

Icetalavista

Adding whey to smoothies really bumps up the protein count. Nutritional yeast flakes provide a nice umami kick to salad and pasta if you want to avoid cheese

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard
I mix (squishing them together with my hands) ground beef and a can of chopped spinach to make a more interesting burger. And enjoy a grilled cheese sandwich with sliced mushrooms between the cheese and the bread.

Cachoo

I was watching "New Heights" podcast and Jason Kelce was trying goat cheese with a slice of pepperoni which sounded all kinds of wrong to me. He didn't hate it but he liked goat cheese more with prosciutto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information