Skating to Debussy- so many great performances!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I have always liked Debussy's music. I don't know a lot of his pieces used in skating. Some are very popular.
I listed what I can remember right now.

Reverie - G&G exhibition 1994 Olympus and Pro

Elaine Zayak 1994 US nationals LP (middle part)

Prelude to the afternoon of a fawn - Yuka Sato (pro),

Carolina Kostner (2018 LP Euro)

Janet Lynn Worlds 1971 Ex

Claire de lune- almost a workhorse but I never get tired of it.

Tarasova- Morozov 2021-22 SP

Chen Lu 1994 SP

Carolina Kostner 2017 worlds Ex

Mao Asada WTT SP

Maria Sotskova GPF 2017

Stolbova-Klimov 2017 worlds SP

Last edited:

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
This isn't a program by a skater, but rather sharing a performance of Clair de Lune by Victor Borge. I had seen him several years ago perform during one of his shows/concerts. I didn't think I'd find his performance on YouTube, but I did!

I've always wished that a skater would skate to Victor Borge's version. He was an accomplished Pianist.

Clair de Lune by Victor Borge

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
This isn't a program by a skater, but rather sharing a performance of Clair de Lune by Victor Borge. I had seen him several years ago perform during one of his shows/concerts. I didn't think I'd find his performance on YouTube, but I did!

I've always wished that a skater would skate to Victor Borge's version. He was an accomplished Pianist.

Clair de Lune by Victor Borge
That was lovely. It has 5.1k likes on YouTube but how could anyone give it thumbs down? There were 67 of those.

The only issue I see with using it for skating is that it is a bit slower than what skaters normally use. A very artistic skater may be able to interpret this, particularly as an exhibition.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information