Skate America 2021 Returns to Las Vegas

Luckyu2

Have they announced a time the tickets go on sale on Wednesday yet? I don't see it listed anywhere. I also don't see the event listed on the Ticketmaster website yet...
I was wondering the same. Still not listed on Ticketmaster as of now. Trying to set a reminder in my calendar to book the tickets (already booked the flight and hotel).

upnights

Two years ago I actually bought my tickets at the window at the arena, to avoid paying fees,and had no problems getting seats. I can’t imagine this year’s going to be that much different even after a year without fans at skating
Check the event website because I think it says that all tickets must be bought in advance & none will be sold at the box office.

Arwen17

I've purchased my tickets, but I was really annoyed with the ticketmaster website. There were solitary seats in the BB row, but it wouldn't let me select any of them because: "Your seat selection can't leave a single seat available within the row".
The seat is already solitary! There are two seats left in a BB row, but they are NOT next to each other because there's a seat in between them. How did this happen? How were previous guests allowed to purchase seats that were not next to each other? I am a single person and would have been glad to purchase a single leftover seat in BB row.
I was able to click on a solitary leftover seat in CC row. But even when I tried to buy two tickets, it would not let me purchase those BB seats, I assume because they are not next to each other. Which once again begs the question of how they were left solitary and why someone was allowed to purchase a single seat between them.

Does anyone have a SKAM schedule from like 2019? I'm not sure what days to book for airplane and hotel. Do we get to watch practice sessions days before the competition?

The Orleans hotel is really expensive. Should I stay at a cheaper hotel and use Uber/taxi? Or rent a car? I think this arena has plenty of FREE parking unlike Nashville's arena in January.

Carolla5501

Check the event website because I think it says that all tickets must be bought in advance & none will be sold at the box office.
if they want to be that dumb that's fine. After all no one who just happens to be in Las Vegas and hears about the event would ever want to attend would they? (And we wonder why attendance is so low? )

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I've purchased my tickets, but I was really annoyed with the ticketmaster website. There were solitary seats in the BB row, but it wouldn't let me select any of them because: "Your seat selection can't leave a single seat available within the row".
The seat is already solitary! There are two seats left in a BB row, but they are NOT next to each other because there's a seat in between them. How did this happen? How were previous guests allowed to purchase seats that were not next to each other? I am a single person and would have been glad to purchase a single leftover seat in BB row.
I was able to click on a solitary leftover seat in CC row. But even when I tried to buy two tickets, it would not let me purchase those BB seats, I assume because they are not next to each other. Which once again begs the question of how they were left solitary and why someone was allowed to purchase a single seat between them.
Did you try calling the Box Office? I found their seat-picking UI to be weird. It doesn't seem to be set up for single tickets at all. When you pick one seat, it picked two seats, that one and the one next to it. Since I was buying two tickets, it worked out for me, but I don't know how it could work to buy one ticket.

Unless I'm missing something.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
Did you try calling the Box Office? I found their seat-picking UI to be weird. It doesn't seem to be set up for single tickets at all. When you pick one seat, it picked two seats, that one and the one next to it. Since I was buying two tickets, it worked out for me, but I don't know how it could work to buy one ticket.

Unless I'm missing something.
Before you start looking at seats, you need to list how many seats you want as the default setting is for two seats. It's at the top of the page in the same row as you would enter a promo code.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Doesn't anyone know the Orleans' cancellation policy with the special rate? My work is blocking the booking site. :shuffle:

Arwen17

The Orleans is as cheap as you are likely to find unless you plan to stay well away from the strip/football stadium and drive.

In 2019 we were allowed into practices Thursday-Saturday. A tentative schedule is up: https://www.usfigureskating.org/event/2021-skate-america

Extended stay hotels, hostels etc are close by and far cheaper than hotels with "resort fees", even with the discount they're offering at the Orleans place. I just need a safe place to put my body at night, not extravagance.

Will there be practices to watch on Thursday? The tentative schedule just shows Fri-Sun for the actual events. Should I fly in on Wednesday night and then fly out Monday morning?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Practices are on Thurs. The Gala is on Sunday. So it depends on how much you want to do those things and how long your flight is.

We'll come in on Wed. but might leave Sunday after the gala if we can find a good flight. Or skip the gala.

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
I reserved rooms at the Orleans and I considered doing the FOFS, but I'll probably just get tickets tomorrow? though I guess I could be a figure skating friend.

I don't have a flight yet, I'll wait a bit. right now, even with miles, I found them pricy though I only checked the airline where I have miles.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
It's too soon to get flights IMO. I've had much better luck with pricing in the 6 weeks to 3 months out timeframe. I have an alert with Google Flights for SkAm and Nationals and neither has gotten low enough for my liking.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
FYI: We waited too long to buy our plane tickets in 2019 and we got burned with VERY high prices (and not much choice of flight times) so if you're confident that you're coming to SA this fall, I wouldn't wait too long to get those flights booked just in case that happens again. We already booked our flights this time and I'm SO happy that we don't have to worry about that cost this year. :cheer:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I'm always surprised at how relatively expensive it is to fly to Vegas. I guess there are enough marks customers coming to town that the airlines don't have to offer cheap prices to tempt people.

If anyone hasn't booked flights and hotels yet, and doesn't mind staying somewhere other than the Orleans, check with a travel agent for package deals. The last time I went (mid-October 2019) I got a great price on a hotel and airfare package that was about $700 less than I would have paid for each part individualy.

MCsAngel2

Almost 7am PDT here on 5/26 and still no links that I can find for SkateAm tickets? Does anyone have a clue when they'll be available?

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
I think I gave some money to FOFS, but I didn't get any confirmation email? the webform was a little suspect haha.

anyway I will look for the public link today! LIVE SKATING whooohooo

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I think I gave some money to FOFS, but I didn't get any confirmation email? the webform was a little suspect haha.
I found the form suspect as well, but someone from USFS emailed within a few hours with the FOFS code so I could buy my tickets early. And yesterday I got a package from them which included a 2021 skating calendar :)cheer2:) and some butt-ugly coasters :)confused:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information