Sin/Kats Really Need a Cheer Right Now!

DobrinFan

Zhulin is my least favorite person at the moment :wall:

Zhulin spoke about the details of Sinitsina's injury

Figure skater Victoria Sinitsina, paired with Nikita Katsalapov, will not go to the hospital, she has severe tendon inflammation, the couple's coach Alexander Zhulin told RIA Novosti.

The guys get two days off, now let's see how Victoria will recover. She has severe inflammation of the tendon, her leg can't even hold up. Of course, I'm very upset. You don't need to go to the hospital, you need to do procedures and injections. You need to understand how to deal with this is the most difficult thing for a coach. We will watch, "Zhulin said over the phone.

Last edited:

Bigbird

Zhulin is my least favorite person at the moment :wall:

Zhulin spoke about the details of Sinitsina's injury

Figure skater Victoria Sinitsina, paired with Nikita Katsalapov, will not go to the hospital, she has severe tendon inflammation, the couple's coach Alexander Zhulin told RIA Novosti.

That was just so reckless on his part.

mjb52

Wtf. I know they trust Zhulin and they've had a hard time settling in with a coach but if there's a time to push back it's on this. Obviously google info is limited and not the highest quality, but based on what I can see about tendon inflammation, it doesn't seem that she necessarily needs to go to the hospital but it does seem like she needs to rest. Honestly, their status is clear, they should just get a bye to nationals now so that they can focus on resting and training when she is ready imo.

Last edited:

NAOTMAA

Maybe Zhulin fears if they go away even for a little bit the federation will quickly put S/B back as #1. Out of sight out of mind as they say. Hasn't he always volunteered his opinion and expressed something similar on Medvedeva/Zagitova? Or maybe it was someone else because many Russian coaches always seem to be giving their opinion on matters that don't concern them :lol:

Either way it was really stupid for them to compete when she was that hurt. I hope she gets better and from now on does the proper thing for her health. Plus on a selfish note they got the ability to go all the way to the top and bring back Olympic gold for Russia and I don't want to see that jeopardized by careless stupidity like this

muffinplus

Injections? 2 days off? No need to get medical treatment/ hospital exam for tendinitis? 🤦‍♂️ Zhulin keeps sounding more and more stupid by day...

Immortelle

Rejected by Krasnopolski
If she’s been on painkilling or anti inflammatory injections then she would have already been examined. She doesn’t need to be hospitalised for that. What concerns me more is the need to rest the injury which really should be the priority.
Zhulin might just be saying that to keep the media happy while SinKats and the medical and coaching teams sort out what to do.
I can’t imagine there wouldn’t be an exception made for them to compete at RN without doing RC if they were fit by then.

Bellanca

Either rest and heal the injury now or possibly risk long term effects. Zhulin needs to be a responsible and realistic coach. His ambitions should be shelved for the moment as his students have a voice, too, and they genuinely know what is best for themselves. Zhulin needs to be a supporter in this instance and follow his team's lead by not advancing his ranking concerns or desires of placements, especially for these cup events. :drama: No one wants to lose their placement or ranking due to injury, but when healthy once again, they can rebound spectacularly! That's my hope, anyway. I'm not for pushing the boundaries at this time, but let's see what happens.

DobrinFan

Well here's the last of Zhulin's comments.

Zhulin - about the injury of Sinitsina and Katsalapov: "They went to the start, I think it will count in the selection for the Russian Championship"

Victoria's knee failed, she went through surgery, there were big overloads, painkillers didn't even help. We thought to withdraw yesterday, but the coaching staff decided that we should go while they were going. Well, that's how it happened. Was it possible to skate to get at least some points in the Cup standings? I think everything will be fine, the guys participated in the competition, I think the stage in Sochi and participation in the Russian Grand Prix should be enough to participate in the Russian championship. We'll figure something out. It didn't make sense to continue skating.

DobrinFan

S/K will skip Sochi. She gets back on the ice mid next week.

DobrinFan

mjb52

I want to say thank you to Vika and Nikita's team on the trainers'/coach's day! Yes you too Alexander Zhulin... :) We (well me anyway) are stressed because we care. Hoping all goes well toward a great Rostelecom Cup or whatever competition is their first one back.

yurokis40

I was very impressed by their smile program before it stopped midway I hope she gets healthy they have an excellent chance to become world champions if worlds happen, the french skating to a safe tango won`t do it.

Katha

Congratulations on their silver here! :) No one would have believed that they'd forge such a successful career for themselves against all odds eight years ago.To skate like that here, in four programs, despite his massive injury is truly, truly impressive.

They delivered the best performances of these programs just when it mattered. Good for them! The RD really grew on me and the FD is like two good programs smushed together without proper transition. ;) Kudos to them for making it work with their skating skills and performance anyway.

How far they've both come. Viktoria is barely recognizable compared to 2014 and Nikita enduring injury trials, sticking it out and holding his nerve on the biggest stage is also huge progress compared to the routine wipeouts he used to produce when it counted. They've also really learned to mesh and skate together despite perhaps not being the most natural fit at the start.

Fadeevfanboy

Maybe Zhulin fears if they go away even for a little bit the federation will quickly put S/B back as #1. Out of sight out of mind as they say. Hasn't he always volunteered his opinion and expressed something similar on Medvedeva/Zagitova? Or maybe it was someone else because many Russian coaches always seem to be giving their opinion on matters that don't concern them :lol:

Are Stepanova & Bukin really a big Russian fed favorite though? I don't sense that. Just because Tarasova is behind them, does not mean the fed is that big on them. Her power is overrated these days.

I think the fed is quite happy with Katsalapov as their #1, regardless if Zhulin is in favor or not. I could see them pushing them towards a new coach if they continue, which isn't a bad thing at all if that is the case anyway.

Eisfee

Congratulations Vika and Nikita!! What a journey to this success!! I'm very happy for them and hope they enjoying their Olympic experience together!! Proud of how far they have come the past 8 years!
And i hope Nikita's back will heal and not bother him for his future life.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Are Stepanova & Bukin really a big Russian fed favorite though? I don't sense that. Just because Tarasova is behind them, does not mean the fed is that big on them. Her power is overrated these days.

I think the fed is quite happy with Katsalapov as their #1, regardless if Zhulin is in favor or not. I could see them pushing them towards a new coach if they continue, which isn't a bad thing at all if that is the case anyway.
Morozov joing forces is a really good thing for Stepanova&Bukin. Because with Svinin&Zhuk choreo, and Morozov knowing how it works, you can already see what they've been working on. IMO they'll be hard to beat next season ...

Fadeevfanboy

Morozov joing forces is a really good thing for Stepanova&Bukin. Because with Svinin&Zhuk choreo, and Morozov knowing how it works, you can already see what they've been working on. IMO they'll be hard to beat next season ...

Will be interesting to see.

mjb52

Congratulations Vika and Nikita!! What a journey to this success!! I'm very happy for them and hope they enjoying their Olympic experience together!! Proud of how far they have come the past 8 years!
And i hope Nikita's back will heal and not bother him for his future life.

Very much agree. I hope they have a great experience at Worlds, since that seems to be what they want, and that after that, that Nikita is able to get great care for his back (and I hope Vika's knees are doing ok too) and they can decide what they want for their future with healthy bodies and clear minds.

Cherub721

YEAH!
This channel has some nice interviews with them. The first one has English subtitles (yay!) and here is my bad translation of the shorter ones.

Olympic Season Live with Trankov (English subs)

Post-FD interview
Nikita: It was the longest day of my life. I simply left everything on the ice. I want to say a huge thank you, to Victoria! For being you, a real champion.
Vika: It was a really emotional day, my voice trembles even 3 hours later because at any moment I could cry, or rejoice. It took us so much time, we worked so hard.

Interview with Olympic Russia

Q: What did you think about on the podium?
Nikita: We were really really happy. We looked at each other, without words, congratulated each other. Thought about all we went through.

Q: What delicious foods did you eat?
Nikita: Probably the Chinese grapes, they were so cool. Did not want to try them but they were so good.
Viktoria: Grapes and dumplings.

Q: What did you give each other for Valentine's Day?
Viktoria: Medals!
Nikita: Actually nothing yet, because I forgot about this date. :lol:

Q: What photos and videos have you made at the Olympic games?
Viktoria: So many, I'm filming everything in my path
Nikita: Same, starting in Krasnoyarsk, recording absolutely everything I see.

Q: Have you already bought souvenirs for your family?
Viktoria: Yes, today already 3 packages!

Q: What do you usually bring?
Nikita: Usually, nothing except medals.

Q: What will be the first thing you do at home?
Viktoria: Visit family and friends. We miss you guys so much, we want to celebrate with you.

Q: How will you celebrate?
Nikita: I want to relax, free myself, but not totally, because we have competitions coming up soon.

mjb52

Vika: It was a really emotional day, my voice trembles even 3 hours later because at any moment I could cry, or rejoice. It took us so much time, we worked so hard.

Interview with Olympic Russia

Q: What did you think about on the podium?
Nikita: We were really really happy. We looked at each other, without words, congratulated each other. Thought about all we went through.

They looked so happy giving each other medals on the podium, it was honestly almost inspirational. Just wow, I could not have stuck it out the way they did at all.

Cherub721

YEAH!
They looked so happy giving each other medals on the podium, it was honestly almost inspirational. Just wow, I could not have stuck it out the way they did at all.

Yes! It was really touching how they looked at each other with such warmth :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information