Shooting at California Bar

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Unbelievable

That about sums it up.
Thousand Oaks is a nothing town right over the hill from Malibu.

For those who hammer on the brutality of the police I give you Sheriff Sgt. Ron Helus, a 29 yr veteran of the Sheriff's Dept. He arrived and could still hear shooting so he went in the bar........to try to save lives........and he gave his own life. Those guys are amazing.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I was awake around midnight when this happened and saw the news. It makes me very sad to see so many people losing their loved ones. Their lives are turned upside down. May they all find peace.
RIP to the victims.

However, I am no longer shocked by news of mass shootings. :(

I am also not expecting any changes to gun laws at this point. :(

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
That about sums it up.
Thousand Oaks is a nothing town right over the hill from Malibu.

For those who hammer on the brutality of the police I give you Sheriff Sgt. Ron Helus, a 29 yr veteran of the Sheriff's Dept. He arrived and could still hear shooting so he went in the bar........to try to save lives........and he gave his own life. Those guys are amazing.

Not a very charitable attitude toward your fellow citizens. :(

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I think AxelAnnie meant it's a nothing town in that...honestly nothing happens here. It's safe. Boring California suburbia.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
I think AxelAnnie meant it's a nothing town in that...honestly nothing happens here. It's safe. Boring California suburbia.

Perhaps not to many of the people who live there - and apparently not to a lot of the world now as well, sadly.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...

Exactly. It is a part of the LA sprawl. Not a hotbed of anything. You just wouldn't expect to find something like this happening there. It is, and will continue to be a nightmare for the families who lost people, and for all of TO (as it is referred to) who can now longer claim safe and calm, and comfortable.

VGThuy

It bothers me that someone had to use Sheriff Sgt. Ron Helus's name to demean people's legit work in talking about real cases of police brutality and misconduct under the guise of celebrating Sheriff Sgt.'s heroic actions in this mass shooting.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
@VALuvsMKwan I live in Thousand Oaks. It has always been a nicely boring, safe place. It makes this even more shocking that it happened here.

@VIETgrlTerifa What do you mean? The man is a hero. Our police here at least are pretty freaking great. It does not invalidate incidents of police brutality and the problems that exist in the system. Sacrifices such as Sgt Helus should be praised and remembered.

VGThuy

@VIETgrlTerifa What do you mean? The man is a hero. Our police here at least are pretty freaking great. It does not invalidate incidents of police brutality and the problems that exist in the system. Sacrifices such as Sgt Helus should be praised and remembered.

I was talking about one specific poster in this thread who had to use this tragedy and Sheriff Sgt. Helus's actions to make a dig about people "who hammer on the brutality of the police." I felt it was a low-blow and undercut the message of his absolutely heroic actions and the purpose of this thread to take in news of this tragedy and remembering the victims who died.

jersey1302

I cant comprehend anyone defending reasons why america shouldn't have gun control. America makes it so easy for events like this to happen. In many countries as most of you are aware.. its illegal to even own a gun unless its a hunting rifle or something. There are also very strict policies in place to gain possession of a gun as well. My message to America is look at the world around you. Listen to the globe telling you to get a grip on reality. Notice how many thousands and thousands of lives, especially children's lives have been senselessly taken over something so incredibly easy to start to correct. The solution isnt everyone to be armed with a gun.. clearly..its a false sense of security. My heart goes out to everyone senselessly effected by these tragedies.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
But other countries do not have a thing called the 2nd Amendment.

IMO such discussion should remain in PI.

Thank you everyone for your condolences. I still can't really comprehend it. And now we have three active fires in our area. It sucks.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
@VALuvsMKwan I live in Thousand Oaks. It has always been a nicely boring, safe place. It makes this even more shocking that it happened here.

Thanks for the clarification, Lanie. I just connote "boring" with something negative and would probably use the word "uneventful" instead, but that's my hangup. I am very sorry that you and your fellow citizens have had such a terrible thing happen - my condolences.

TallyT

It barely made the news here... I think the rest of the world just accept that it's now part of what the US is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information