Savchenko/Massot Fan Thread

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Quadjump

3ATh in show :hat1:
It is a double.

Aljona overrotated it. It is clean in the romeo und julia programm.

This is a problem. Aljona overotates the more simple throws sometimes. They lost the Gold in Helsinki because she opened the 3STh too late and could not hold on to the one foot at that landing.

The same happened at Nebelhorn.

This happens if you practice 4STh and 3STh at the same time.

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

It is a double.

Aljona overrotated it. It is clean in the romeo und julia programm.

This is a problem. Aljona overotates the more simple throws sometimes. They lost the Gold in Helsinki because she opened the 3STh too late and could not hold on to the one foot at that landing.

The same happened at Nebelhorn.

This happens if you practice 4STh and 3STh at the same time.

Duhamel and Radford had that with their quad lutz - while practicing quad, they couldn't do a triple! So they had to abandon it. These things do happen.

Sylvia

TBD
Replying to @aftershocks here:
I feel S/M's fp is quite wonderful, with choreo by John Kerr, or is S/M's sp choreo by John Kerr, and their fp choreo by Gary Beacom?
Beacom worked on their 2015-16 FS, IIRC. From this September 2016 article by Tatjana Flade: http://www.goldenskate.com/2016/10/aliona-savchenko-and-bruno-massot/
The feedback the skaters and coach Alexander Koenig received for their programs, the fun short “That Man” by Caro Emerald and the romantic free to “Lighthouse”, was positive. The team went to Florida to have the programs choreographed by former ice dancer John Kerr, Silvia Fontana and John Zimmerman. Kerr also came to Oberstdorf in the summer to polish the programs.
John Kerr and Silvia Fontana are both listed as this season's choreographers in S/M's ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00035319.htm

aftershocks

Banned Member
Replying to @aftershocks here:

Beacom worked on their 2015-16 FS, IIRC. From this September 2016 article by Tatjana Flade: http://www.goldenskate.com/2016/10/aliona-savchenko-and-bruno-massot/

John Kerr and Silvia Fontana are both listed as this season's choreographers in S/M's ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00035319.htm

Thanks. Gary Beacom is listed for S/M's 2015-16 fp on Wiki, but no choreographers are mentioned on Wiki for this season's great programs. I did think that Silvia Fontana was also involved in this season's choreo, so thanks for pointing out that the credit is given elsewhere to John Kerr and Silvia. I guess the choreo attributions for this season will eventually make it to Wiki. Has it been mentioned whether S/M will continue working with Kerr and Fontana for upcoming season's programs?

Sylvia

TBD
Posted last month in this thread:
New snippets of the long program (with their music playing in the background? After Guns N Roses though :p):
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTbrtr3BoUd/

The queen comes through again. :encore: I really like what she's showing of the program so far, this looks like it'll be more classical than last year but still contemporary with the choreography. That's fine with me. Yay Chris Dean! Also love the lifts already
Selfie with Dean: https://www.instagram.com/p/BS4dvIght33/?taken-by=aljonasavchenko

Posted 1 week ago: https://www.instagram.com/p/BTKaFSDheso/?taken-by=aljonasavchenko
The past 2 weeks have been amazing spent with these wonderful people. We have together created 2 new programs, created new lifts, worked on our throws and have improved on our movements/technique!
We are so happy! Thank you very much! Silvia Fontana,John Kerr,John Zimmerman,Sarah Abitbol,Stephane Bernadis, Christopher Dean ❤️ #figureskating #ice #work #choreography #amazingjob #practice #dowhatyoulove #lovewhatyoudo #

Quadjump

Thanks. Gary Beacom is listed for S/M's 2015-16 fp on Wiki, but no choreographers are mentioned on Wiki for this season's great programs. I did think that Silvia Fontana was also involved in this season's choreo, so thanks for pointing out that the credit is given elsewhere to John Kerr and Silvia. I guess the choreo attributions for this season will eventually make it to Wiki. Has it been mentioned whether S/M will continue working with Kerr and Fontana for upcoming season's programs?

The new SP is choregraphed by John Kerr and the FP by Dean.

Do not anything about the influence made by Fontana and Zimmermann and Abitbol/Bernadis. Zimmermann seem to be the best man technically.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Do not anything about the influence made by Fontana and Zimmermann and Abitbol/Bernadis. Zimmermann seem to be the best man technically.

I'm not clear on what you mean by "do not anything"? ETA: So S/M work with Abitol/Bernadis too.

Also, I personally don't know much about how good a coach Zimmerman is supposed to be technically, but since he learned from some great coaches, I'm sure his technical knowledge is valuable. Plus, Zimmerman seems to come across as very level-headed, perceptive and teamwork-oriented in his interviews. He definitely appears to have put together a solid team in Florida, and the competitive and choreo results last season are proof.

It really is a shame that although Zimmerman seemed to be seeking Ingo Steuer out for help with Denney/Frazier (a few seasons ago) in a collaborative capacity, that situation broke down to the point where D/F decided to go solo with Ingo. Unfortunately, that choice was a bit dicey with Ingo not having a solid U.S. base and little to no support in his own country. Then the extremely unfortunate off-ice injury that Haven suffered blew D/F's opportunity to work with Ingo. Seemingly D/F might have fared better by staying with Zimmerman/Fontana. Now D/F are in a situation where they are with new, inexperienced pairs coaches and also trying to come back from Haven's serious, career-threatening knee-surgery.

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

Aliona and Bruno are going to Skate Canada International and Skate America!

It's not going to be easy - they face Duhamel/Radford, James/Cipres, Peng/Jin, Iliushechkina/Moscovitch, Denney/Frazier, and Zabiiako/Enbert at SCI and then D/R, Z/E, D/F, Yu/Zhang, the Knierims, and Moore-Towers/Marinaro. But I think if anyone can do it, it's Aliona and Bruno!

annie_mg

It's not going to be easy - they face Duhamel/Radford, James/Cipres, Peng/Jin, Iliushechkina/Moscovitch, Denney/Frazier, and Zabiiako/Enbert at SCI and then D/R, Z/E, D/F, Yu/Zhang, the Knierims, and Moore-Towers/Marinaro. But I think if anyone can do it, it's Aliona and Bruno!

They might as well face these teams before the Olympics to see where they measure. I'm personally very disappointed they won't be going to France, as it's the only Grand Prix I can go to. Something tells me their programmes will be extra special this year and I would have loved to see them live. I love Christopher Dean's work and can't wait to see what he came up with. Talk about taking pairs skating to the next level, i.e. ice dance with acrobatic elements, with the ice-dance master himself.

whiteskates

If they skate reasonably clean they can beat all of these teams if last year's results are anything to go by and with the choreographers they will use. Duhamel/Radford can beat them technically but never artistically and James/Cipres can also beat them technically and possibly artistically as well if they come up with programmes as good as last year's. As for the rest of those teams? No way!

Quadjump

Skate Canada - America
Skate America - America
GPF Nagoya - East Asia
Euros Moscow - Very East Europe
Olympics Poeng Chang - East Asia

This sounds like a big year of travelling through time zones. I hope they will manage it.

zilam98

...James/Cipres can also beat them technically and possibly artistically as well if they come up with programmes as good as last year's. As for the rest of those teams? No way!

did you just forget sui/han?

i would like the duking out for top two to be between s/m and s/h. j/c are an interesting team, but barring quantum leaps in skating progress, they're not quite near those two yet

Spun Silver

Who there have they not already beaten at Worlds et al.?

aftershocks

Banned Member
Can someone clarify the contributions of Abitol/Bernadis to S/M? In what capacity are A/B assisting S/M?

Quadjump

Can someone clarify the contributions of Abitol/Bernadis to S/M? In what capacity are A/B assisting S/M?
I think only a few people really know.

There was just an instagram post by Aljona with abitbol/bernadis in florida after worlds and a comment that they worked together. Aljona and Bruno are flying to Florida again for three more weeks. I think after this the programs will be ready and we can see them in some shows. The SP at least.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
^ They are! It's just that we're coming into the Olympic season now, Beijing is the next one, and there are priorities at hand this year. :p

But, Sui and Han are a fab team.

(they'll just be sooo much better in 2022. :shuffle: and 2026)

If I had to guess, Abitol and Bernadis are helping them out with the throw technique? The twist and sbs jumps are covered with Alex/Jeff, John Zimmerman helped them with the new lifts, by process of elimination I'm going to go with the throws.

I think they're both coaches (and big supporters of them) and they were both super creative and fun as skaters, it couldn't hurt! They have such an international team coaching/supporting them. :cool:

Last edited:

whiteskates

Abitbol/Bernadis went for the throw triple Axel back in 1998. I don't remember them nailing it in competition but they must have had it in training or they wouldn't have included it in competition so my guess is that they're helping S/M with this throw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information