San Jose, California will host 2018 U.S. Nationals (Dec. 29, 2017 - Jan. 7, 2018)

Debbie S

There is no mention of Jr. SPs at Solar4America and I'm wondering if the Jr. SPs have been moved to SAP. Any info or thoughts about this?
I hope the Jr SPs will be at SAP, but that phrasing has been used by the LOC in all of its communications from the beginning, so I don't know if I would read much into it. Single-session tix will likely go on sale in Sept, so we should know for sure then.

maureenfarone

I hope the Jr SPs will be at SAP, but that phrasing has been used by the LOC in all of its communications from the beginning, so I don't know if I would read much into it. Single-session tix will likely go on sale in Sept, so we should know for sure then.

Thanks. You are probably correct but what I remember reading is this:

All-event tickets for the 2018 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships are on sale now. The 2018 U.S. Championships will be held Dec. 29, 2017-Jan. 7, 2018, with junior free skates and all championship level competitive sessions at SAP Center at San Jose and Solar4 America Ice at San Jose hosting all juvenile, intermediate and novice competition and junior short programs.

I guess while I wasn't paying attention they changed the way they were phrasing things.

Debbie S

I guess while I wasn't paying attention they changed the way they were phrasing things.
You're right, I think they may have changed that part in 1 e-mail, and then people here noticed, prompting some (including me) to ask about it their booth in KC. I got a non-answer. Hopefully, they have decided to have all the Jr events at SAP. We'll find out soon.

BaileyCatts

Does anyone know when an exact time schedule will be set? I still see "TBA" for times and I'm trying to figure out how I am gonna get myself in front of the TV if they do Live coverage on the weekdays. Damn work gettin' in the way an all. :p

Debbie S

@BaileyCatts They usually release the times right before single-session tix go on sale, so probably early-mid Sept, although there can be changes. We won't know exact times until after Sectionals in Nov, but the times listed on Ticketmaster will be close.

mkice9

For those of you leaving San Jose on Sunday night flights, do you usually check out from the hotel in the morning and just store your luggage at the hotel? I've been to conferences that offered luggage storage at the convention center. Has that ever been offered at the arena at Nationals?

Willin

@mkice9 Most downtown SJ hotels have luggage storage rooms you can use, but due to laws about what you can bring inside sports arenas I don't think you'll be able to bring luggage to the SAP center at all.

breathesgelatin

I may have missed it - any news on potential Championship Weekend ticket packages? Still vaguely toying with the idea of a last minute trip to Nationals. Maybe it's better to save my pennies for 2019 4CCs though...

Willin

@UMBS Go Blue Do you know when they'll go on sale? I should probably call them myself (also about club discounts), but I've been too busy this summer...

UMBS Go Blue

Слава Україні!
If I remember correctly, the person said sometime in September.

Nats have never sold out - even for the flagship ladies' free skate, and even for the Olympic year - for as far as I can remember, so even going the single-ticket route a month or two before the event should be doable, IMHO.

nguyhm

I got a call from Matt Hill announcing that the Championship Week End package tickets will be on sale starting on Monday Aug 7th. This package consists of all the Senior Free Skates on Jan 5 to Jan 7. You can purchase them from the website and/or call Matt at 408-977-4736. The individual tickets will be on sale in October.

Carolla5501

It looks like they are selling the weekend tickets, but... I can't see that you can figure out where you are sitting and I am hesitant just to throw money at them.

OK I figured it out. Select the level you want. It assigns you a ticket. Select "change seats" then you can see what your options are.

Last edited:

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
You can figure out when you check out, and then choose your own seats. It's a bit tricky, though. I'm holding off to buy mine, we have a lot of expenses this month between surgery bills and my kiddo's school, I hope I can still get decent seats.

nguyhm

When you choose your package and add it to your cart it will assign you a seat but there's an option to "change seats" bringing you to the seating chart and allow you to choose your seat. The price could change depending on the seat that you choose.

Carolla5501

Thanks! I did figure it out. Couldn't get the corner I like at the price I want but I am fine with what I did get. And I am on the aisle which I really like :)

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I'm still not sure where I am going to stay - if I should spend a bit more, because otherwise all the hotels I found would necessitate renting a car and I'd rather not bother! I figure it's worth it to just stay at one of the official hotels and not spend a few hundred extra on a car for a few days...

mkice9

For people who purchased tickets online via the SAP Center ticketing site: I bought tickets but they don't show up in my account. On my account home page, on the drop down links on the left, I clicked on Manage My Tickets and there is nothing there. I also clicked on Completed Invoices and there is nothing there. Is this how it is for everyone else?

Carolla5501

For people who purchased tickets online via the SAP Center ticketing site: I bought tickets but they don't show up in my account. On my account home page, on the drop down links on the left, I clicked on Manage My Tickets and there is nothing there. I also clicked on Completed Invoices and there is nothing there. Is this how it is for everyone else?
Has anyone figured this out???

All I can see in account manger is August 2017 and of course my tickets aren't there. (What a stupid system, just email the tickets to us!!!!)

mkice9

@Carolla5501 I eventually found the answer on http://www.skatesanjose2018.com/. Click on Tickets -> scroll down to Ticketing FAQs -> the second to last question is:

When can I access my All-Session and Champions Package tickets?
All-Session and Champions Package tickets will be available for online management approximately 30 days from the event. Online management allows you to print your tickets at home, download to your mobile, and forward to others.

A.H.Black

Has anyone noticed the change in the published schedule. The new schedule has ladies short on Wednesday. Formerly it was on Tuesday.

Debbie S

I've heard it's the Marriott, which was also the skaters' hotel in 2012. IIRC, some coaches/skaters/officials stayed at the Fairmont in 2012, so that might also be the overflow hotel this time.

Willin

@AJ Skatefan For most sporting events and concerts in downtown SJ occurring at SAP or Levi's Stadium, the official hotel is the Fairmont. It's not currently listed/designated as the official hotel on the website, but I don't know if that's public information or only available to competitors via the competition announcement. The Fairmont has many conference rooms for competition events, press conferences, and registration, so it's a likely choice for the official hotel. It's also the first hotel listed on the event site. The website lists the Hyatt as an alternate hotel, though I'd bet some skaters will also stay at the Hilton, Mariott, and Four Seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information