RussiaOne “Champions on Ice” (Tutberidze Group tour show), full film

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Just up on Russia One’s Youtube channel. Hopefully this is the right link...copying can be tricky. If not correct, pls delete.

Cherub721

YEAH!
Thank you, Frau, but this is the last tour. Skipping through the video I saw Trusova and that made me look at the date (2019). I think this year's tour hasn't been filmed for TV yet, but will be.

Frau Muller

Thank you, Frau, but this is the last tour. Skipping through the video I saw Trusova and that made me look at the date (2019). I think this year's tour hasn't been filmed for TV yet, but will be.
Oh...sorry! It had popped up on my Youtube feed. Well, let’s enjoy this one, in the meantime.

Frau Muller

As we await the full RussiaOne film...

Fan film of Dani G skating the opening number, as he “awakens” his Muses:

George Balanchine, move over!

Last edited:

Frau Muller

IT’S AIRING TODAY! Wednesday, April 7, 2021! Show time in the USA: At 6:50pm EST - for two full hours, w/ minimal ads - on regular Channel One TV. 🍿 Ready! The show will also eventually be available as a stream on Channel One’s YouTube channel. Here’s the teaser spot during today’s morning news show:

Looks like we’ll be treated to the on-ice perspective once again. :)

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Just watched on traditional TV. It was a lovely show.

Quick points:

It included some non- Eteri members of the recent World’s team...easier to name which Worlds team members weren’t there: Trusova, Z/G and Semenenko.

Daria Usacheva not in this Moscow show but skated in Kazan last Friday. (Khromik in neither show.)

Zagitova had the honor of closing the show. Medvedeva next-to-last (Anna Karenina)...and had also skated in the first half of the show (gold dress).

Kostornaia skated her new Billie Eilish SP in the 2nd half; tango program 1st half. (No “50 Shades” as in Kazan.)

The announcer made a point of saying that several non-Team Eteri skaters were debuting new Dani G programs...such as Tarasova/Morozov’s Titanic.

Valieva looked...different. Lovely, for sure, but quite grown up, especially in the new white/blue dress in 2nd half.

Everybody from Danil Samsonov to Alina Zagitova returned to perform a highlight move in the finale, before the glorious training team came out at the end for a wild standing ovation from the packed crowd! (That’s how I can tell that no skater was chacked off the telecast, as USA used to do with such shows. Nothing beats telecasting a complete show “straight up” with minimal ads and no gimmicks...except for the occasional loopy on-ice camera view!)

Coolest surprise: Kazakhstan’s Tursy is back...playing a violin for part of her skate.

Strangest audience-cameo shot: Tarasova sitting stony faced, like the Sphinx, in the front row.

Hopefully an online Youtube version will be out soon. Whoever finds it first, please share/post link! :)

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Having just rewatched my recording of the telecast, I made the following list of the programs & skaters, in the order shown. It was a two-hour show with minimal commercials. There were little chats with some (not all) skaters as they came off the ice.

1. Opening # - Dani G awakens his muses (ok - several ladies + 1 guy, Samsonov)
2. Danil Samsonov - Bells of Moscow (to live piano accompaniment)
3. Sofia Akatieva - 7-Nation Army
4. Step/Bukin - a Russian pop song...Justin Bieberish?
5. Valieva - Spiegel (Picasso SP)...followed by a shot of Tarasova in the audience, stern faced with shut eyes!
6. Boikova/Kozlovsky - My Way
7. Kostornaia - Piazzolla Tango
8. Tarasova/Morozov - Bolero
9. Shcherbakova - O Doux Printemps
10. Kolyada - Nureyev (partial)
11. Medvedeva - gold dress...Echo of Love
12. Tursynbaeva - violin playing at the beginning & end; lots of jumps & footwork in the middle, without the violin
13. Davis/Smolkin - their Aristocats RD
14. Kostornaia 2nd Prog - new-old Billie Eilish SP (“Lovely”)
15. Tarasova/Morozov 2nd - Titanic
16. Tuktamysheva - A Star is Born movie song/Lady Gaga
17. Valieva 2nd — Exogenesis
18. Kvitelashvili (with Valieva to start) - Ali Baba (blue genie)
19. Mishina/Galiamov - Ghost (the red scarf number)
20. Shcherbakova 2nd - Hunger Games...with a stuffed bear
21. Sinitsina/Katsalapov - a Russian female-vocal #
22. Medvedeva 2nd - Anna Karenina...looking super strong & fit
23. Zagitova - Build a Home (?)...guessing on some of the contemporary titles
24. Finale - all

I’m guessing that this will eventually be uploaded to Channel One’s Youtube channel...but not yet.

Last edited:

Cherub721

YEAH!
The full show is now on YouTube. I'll cross-post to the Russian thread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vZBKzgXHq0

To add to @Frau Muller 's notes the Tutberidze channel has the performances broken out and most of them with the song titles.
That was Daniil G on the piano with Samsonov.
Stepanova/Bukin - "Venus/Jupiter"
Medvedeva's song is "Echo Liubvi" (Echo of Love) by Anna German
Kostornaya's program was "Lovely" which was the LP that Daniil had choreographed for her before she switched to Plushenko
Kvitelashvili -"Friend Like Me" by Will Smith from Aladdin
Sinitsina/Katsalapov - "Tam Net Menya"
Zagitova - "To Build a Home"

A fun watch. Reminded me of the anticipation of going to the Tom Collins COI tour in the spring, with all the newly crowned champions, but in a virtual setting, and free :lol:

Frau Muller

Dani G on the piano too? Amazing! Did he also work the lights?

Be on the look-out for Tarasova in the audience, after Valieva’s first skate. It’s a new classic! 😴

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information