Russian Ladies news & discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I don't think it's quite fair to say that her SP was a fluke. Trusova is not known for her consistency, although it is a very high bar on that specific issues in Russia.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I don't think it's quite fair to say that her SP was a fluke. Trusova is not known for her consistency, although it is a very high bar on that specific issues in Russia.
Tuktamsyehva is not consistent either, Tuks entire career has been messier than Kostners, only these past 3 seasons has she become more stable.

VarBar

Kostornaya left Tutberidze for Plushenko and after a short while she left Plushenko to return to Tutberidze. Trusova left Tutberidze for Plushenko and now she is going back to Tutberidze. Who is playing with those girls' minds?

Bigbird

Kostornaya left Tutberidze for Plushenko and after a short while she left Plushenko to return to Tutberidze. Trusova left Tutberidze for Plushenko and now she is going back to Tutberidze. Who is playing with those girls' minds?
No comment.

Lis

At Worlds Trusova confirmed it was Trusova who asked Plush if he would train her. So not the other way around

hanca

Values her privacy
I was thinking about that too; the Trusova news didn't even get its own thread!
Because there was no scandal? Trusova left Tutberidze without giving interviews how bad it was at Tutberidze’s group, and how finally she can be happy during her training sessions. She did give interviews to explain that she wants to learn from Pluschenko his competitive mindset (consistently landing his quads) but did it in such way that it didn’t really damage the relationship with Tutberidze as much as Kostornaya did. So going back, it is not such a big deal (and besides she is already third skater who returned, so it is nothing new).

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
What are you doing in Moscow? Have fun.

Sasha return to TT in my opinion because she and her parents realize she has a better chance to make the Russian Olympic team skating TT than PA. Unless Sasha wins Olympic gold or world's gold 2 months after the Olympics I think she bolts TT again after the Olympic season.

Scott, family event. Our son is getting married next week, after two postponements, since the original date a year ago. We had to travel through Turkey and show tests AND our proof of vaccination.

Enjoying all of the skating drama. Never a dull moment.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
At Worlds Trusova confirmed it was Trusova who asked Plush if he would train her. So not the other way around
Pretty much this.
There were interviews (I think Pluschenko, but perhaps Rudkovskaya) where they said Trusova's father wanted her to switch to Pluschenko several years ago, but back then they didn't have the right sized rink yet.

DreamSkates

I wouldn't say anyone is playing with their minds. My guess is that they felt they were more successful under Tutberdize. Perhaps more confident, and/or need her approach to coaching and training which they were accustomed to.

Sylvia

TBD
"LIFE IS LIKE A FREE PROGRAM" - a [5-minute] documentary directed by Diana Aminova about the [Russian-born] Swiss national figure skating champion Anna Nidershtrat-Ovcharova [who retired from competition in 2015].
Anna, at a young age, has already gone down in history of figure skating.
But the main victory of her life did not bring her happiness.
The story was built on a foundation of hard work, surviving, willpower, and fighting for the dream.

Ka3sha

soogar

Liza Tuktamysheva on the cover of SOBAKA magazine (+ interview)
Love the interview but why do they feel the need to airbrush and lengthen her body to make her look so skinny and tall? She looks great the way she is.

Sylvia

TBD
@TAHbKA are you referring to these?

Maiia Khromykh interview by Vladislav Zhukov (May 3) - oops, just noticed @Wyliefan already posted the link up thread:

Daria Usacheva interview by Vladislav Zhukov (April 4):

Last edited:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Unless you're an Eteri uber, I don't see how one can consider it a positive for the sport (or skating in Russia) for her to be coaching ALL the top ladies along with a top pairs team.

I naively hope other/new choreographers brought into the mix at Sambo 70. I fear watching the final group of ladies this season will be anticlimactic and rather boring for me.

mjb52

I like Eteri's skaters and I like Danny G's choreography; however, I agree, it does worry me to have so many of the top skaters in one place. I have some worries about it with IAM and the same here. I wonder if there is a way for the ISU to encourage dispersion - seems out of their purview. I didn't think Plush was a good fit for Kostornaya but I'm a little surprised Trusova went back. At the same time, it seems like such a fun training environment with tutberhouse and the touring, I can see why it would be appealing. The same with IAM; it may just be fun to be around so many talented and creative people.

Scott512

I was hoping she would stay with Angels of Plushenko. Plushenko made some rookie/noob decisions in program composition with her, in my opinion. However, I felt as a OGM, OSM, multi euro and world titles he could provide her with some tools she can't get from Eteri.

She was making improvements in skating skills, speed and control of jumps. She just missing consistency. Her skating for the upcoming season is going to be less quality than before. I see her regressing actually. I am sad about it too. I don't see this ending well for her.

I agree the reasons Trusova left Eteri will await her. Who knows if it's her parents(rumors) or the Russian Fed. Honestly, I don't see Trusova making the olympic team now. I think this will inspire Anna S.

Right now, the Russian olympic team will be Anna S, Kamila, Liza/Daria. In my opinion.
I think going back TT improves Sashas chances of making the Olympic team. She can outscore everyone and everyone knows it.

Will she get the Eteri Bounce back?

Sylvia

TBD
Link to the interview with Viktoria Volchkova Butsaeva translated by @TAHbKA: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/volchkovas-interview.108295/
MCM: During the winter Stanislava Konstantinova joined your group. It've been a little while now, so what can you tell about your new pupil and her current condition?
MCM: What are the plans for the new season for her?
Viktoria Volchkova: We'll keep her LP: it suits Stanislava and she didn't get to show it enough. We'll change the SP - the style and the character. I think this programme is a bit similar to the LP and I'd like to show different sides of Stanislava.
Konstantinova's 2021-22 FS music (last season's) is "My Love" by Kovacs / "Santa Maria" by Gotan Project / "The Devil You Know" by Kovacs; choreo. by Martine Dagenais.

DreamSkates

I like Eteri's skaters and I like Danny G's choreography; however, I agree, it does worry me to have so many of the top skaters in one place. I have some worries about it with IAM and the same here. I wonder if there is a way for the ISU to encourage dispersion - seems out of their purview. I didn't think Plush was a good fit for Kostornaya but I'm a little surprised Trusova went back. At the same time, it seems like such a fun training environment with tutberhouse and the touring, I can see why it would be appealing. The same with IAM; it may just be fun to be around so many talented and creative people.
Fun? Maybe lights the competitive fires more than being away from your most important competitors.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Sasha needs political power to make the Olympic team. The ladies field is insanely competitive. She couldn't afford to be left out. I believe that's why she went back to Eteri.

mjb52

Yes, that's a good point. I suppose I am being idealistic, but the realpolitik view is a strong possibility too... :)

Scott512

Sasha needs political power to make the Olympic team. The ladies field is insanely competitive. She couldn't afford to be left out. I believe that's why she went back to Eteri.
I agree that's the main reason she went back to TT. It can only help her chances to make the Olympic team being back at TT and I also think skating with numerous other foenum girls well inspire her and motivate sasha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information