Ka3sha

Olga Ermolina’s interview with Elizaveta Tuktamysheva for Russian Fed website

Sylvia

TBD
Sofia Samodurova interview by Konstantin Lesik:

Translated here:

Sylvia

TBD
Has anyone posted the Anna S. interview in Cosmo?

mjb52

Ok, I'm not going to lie, I'm having sort of a lazy day and I posted that in the hope someone else would find the link and post it :) - thank you @Sylvia!

_Lola_

The Match TV documentary on Trusova that covered her switch to Plushenko’s academy said she was “born into a family of lawyers,” and that her father is also a master of sports in 3 types of martial arts. I just went back and checked. Check it out at 4:19 minutes in:

I wonder if it's the only source? Just googled and found zero mentions of Sasha's parents being lawyers. Plenty of information regarding her father's achievements in sports. Maybe someone who read her book can shed light, if the book says anything about it?

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

The Match TV documentary on Trusova that covered her switch to Plushenko’s academy said she was “born into a family of lawyers,” and that her father is also a master of sports in 3 types of martial arts. I just went back and checked. Check it out at 4:19 minutes in:

This is the first time i've heard that Trusova's family is a family of lawyers.... :). Her father has business activities, so maybe it is linked to legal issues, as it is will all businesses.

I noticed that Pluschenko is pushing his star skaters into many "creative descriptions" of their lives and he himself giving "colorful" twists to events of the past. Yana turned Evgeniy into a "PR man"..... :)

Last edited:

Tobbe

Anastasiya Gulyakova lands 3A in practice.
Gulyakova has been practicing 3A for years but still hasn't delivered. She tried it this season at the Ice Star Belarus contest but landed forwards and it was downgraded and it was just a...no.

This Rippon technique though seems to do wonders for some skaters. It feels illogical, but maybe it is easier to use Rippons for some skaters?? Trusova has added it to her 4Lz and has landed it more successfully.

hanca

Values her privacy
Gulyakova has been practicing 3A for years but still hasn't delivered. She tried it this season at the Ice Star Belarus contest but landed forwards and it was downgraded and it was just a...no.

This Rippon technique though seems to do wonders for some skaters. It feels illogical, but maybe it is easier to use Rippons for some skaters?? Trusova has added it to her 4Lz and has landed it more successfully.
Sakhanovich always claimed that doing Rippons is for her easier than without Rippons. Saying that, she insisted on that even when she started struggling due to puberty, and yet when her coach made her stop lifting the arms, her consistency has improved. And if I recall, Tursynbaeva also insisted on lifting one or both arms (not remember if one or both arms) when she trained with Orser, but was very inconsistent and kept often falling. And then Orser told her not to lift the arms and she actually skated better at a competition, but left him very soon after and went back to Tutberidze. So I am not sure if in Sakhanovich and Tursynbaeva’s case, if it was an accident that when they stopped trying to jump with arms above, they skated better, more consistently. In both cases skaters insisted that with arms up it is easier, but their actual skating suggested otherwise.

alexikeguchi

I'm not a fly on the wall at practices, but is seems to me like Valieva's triple axel and quad toe consistency improved with Rippon technique. She seemed to have trouble going completely off axis without lifting her arms, so maybe this helps her stay more upright. I haven't watched Gulyakova enough to know if that is her problem, though, or how many other skaters get out of position in the air with regular technique.

mjb52

I see why you think that, but it looks like it might just be a reflection in one of the pictures. Nothing wrong with it if she does though!

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I see why you think that, but it looks like it might just be a reflection in one of the pictures. Nothing wrong with it if she does though!
Oh, no judgment at all if she does! Both my nieces have had nose and extra ear piercings over the years and I think at least one has/had a belly piercing.

hoptoad

I wasn't expecting Trusova to have so much tech content - I thought she was injured. Is she? Was she?

I hope she's healthy and has the skate of her life (so far)!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Not a good draw for Russian ladies. Tuk skates first in the penultimate group. Trusova and Anna skate first and second in the final group. Tennell and Kihira have the advantage. No 3A by ladies in the final group.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
In a field of 39 ladies and nearly 6 hours of competition, those final groups aren't going to put any one at an advantage or disadvantage. They also have an ice resurfacing after the first group so that those final 12 aren't separated by another ice make. Some skaters prefer to skate right off the warm-up. Some prefer to have a few skaters between. Some prefer to skate last. But it's not like the PCS is going to drop way down for any of them skating so late in the day.

sjs5572

Not a good draw for Russian ladies. Tuk skates first in the penultimate group. Trusova and Anna skate first and second in the final group. Tennell and Kihira have the advantage. No 3A by ladies in the final group.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Won't Kihira and Trusova both be going for 3A?
You’re correct. I’m secretly hoping for another...as Bradie practiced them for a while. No secret practice cameras following the US delegation, alas. I need to read Jackie Wong’s reports.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
You’re correct. I’m secretly hoping for another...as Bradie practiced them for a while. No secret practice cameras following the US delegation, alas. I need to read Jackie Wong’s reports.
Her coach said in an interview last week that Bradie wasn't going for the 3A at Worlds. They'll be back to working on it after Worlds.

Tobbe

Well, so far it seems that Trusova is doing great in practice as she landed a five quad program. But that was not with the whole program content, she skipped the spins as usual, so she had a lot of breathing breaks throughout her practice. I think the problem with a 5 quad layout is that she will lose her stamina and make mistakes in the end. But who knows, she might not go for all those quads...

Shcherbakova didn't do that great though. She was falling all the time. It seems that she is going for a 3 quad program. But it isn't unusual for Anna to have bad practices. She's a fighter and always seems to rise to the occasion. But somehow, I feel this no audience thingy is bad for Anna. She needs the audience to feed off their energy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information