Russian Ladies news & discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I've never seen or heard her complain about that, much less about winning World silver.
It's because it's Eteri behind it, of course ;)

But no one is telling athletes in other sports that are ahead of the game technically (such as Simone Biles) to not work on difficult tumbling passes and dismounts because of the potential of injury, now are they? Injury possibility comes with sports and all athletes know this, yet some here at FSU think only skaters are pushing hard and/or getting injured.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
It's because it's Eteri behind it, of course ;)

But no one is telling athletes in other sports that are ahead of the game technically (such as Simone Biles) to not work on difficult tumbling passes and dismounts because of the potential of injury, now are they? Injury possibility comes with sports and all athletes know this, yet some here at FSU think only skaters are pushing hard and/or getting injured.
Exactly. Imagine someone telling someone like Usain Bolt to "run a bit slower" in order for others to keep up with them.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
I don't get what the whole discussion is about. The coaching switching window in Russia is when? May till June? So till May Kostornaya belongs to Sambo70, is funded through Sambo70 and sambo70 are the only ones to give her the ice time. Unless Kostornaya finds another coach who would work with her for no fee she has to go back to Sambo. Whether to Tutberidze is another question - there are other coaches.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I don't get what the whole discussion is about. The coaching switching window in Russia is when? May till June? So till May Kostornaya belongs to Sambo70, is funded through Sambo70 and sambo70 are the only ones to give her the ice time. Unless Kostornaya finds another coach who would work with her for no fee she has to go back to Sambo. Whether to Tutberidze is another question - there are other coaches.
You have a point, but I doubt that she is going to settle with someone "less" than Tutberidze.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
She might not be asked what she wants unless she can fund it herself. If she can't - Sambo70 have to have her back. Tutberidze doesn't.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Literally, the FIG is undervaluing Simone's new beam dismount, purportedly out of fear of injury but also to keep her stranglehold on the top spot from getting even stronger.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
'Literally', there's talk about the vault she's working on being so major that she could go for it in Tokyo and fall and still win the gold medal. It was mentioned this previous weekend during a competition telecast.

You're not helping your case with your Eteri hate nor do I get your point really, because Simone's probably still going to go for all the big elements, starting value or not-- because she's capable of doing them. Tursynbaeva had a good enough ratio on the 4S that she attempted and landed one when she needed to. You can jump straight up in the air and come down awkward and break your leg. You can get a repetitive motion injury at work. You can go to the gym and pull a muscle or sprain something on an exercise you've done many times before. Things happen. The top athletes are always pushing to do more, just as the people at the top of any field are striving to do. The end.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
IF Kostornaia is the arrogant brat that Tinami & others describe, I wonder about her family situation & upbringing. Are her parents wealthy? There seems to be little word about her background & relations on the internet compared to, say, Tuk or Trusova.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I think its Based on her choices and her emotional outbursts people are noticing only, its not surprising many find her personality difficult.

diva like, a spoiled brat, isn't a hard worker like Valieva, well spoken like Scherbakova or gritty like Trusova.
I'm mean crying in every fail skates and almost 18. She needs to ask Medvedeva how to make good PR.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I think its Based on her choices and her emotional outbursts people are noticing only, its not surprising many find her personality difficult.

diva like, a spoiled brat, isn't a hard worker like Valieva, well spoken like Scherbakova or gritty like Trusova.
I'm mean crying in every fail skates and almost 18. She needs to ask Medvedeva how to make good PR.
You're behind the times. These days we're all being told that Medvedeva is the Wicked Witch of the West. ;)

DELTA

Kostornaya also was not treating her rink mates too nicely either, i don't mean before she left, i mean going back to 2017/2018. I noticed it back then, an said that this self-centered egotistical, self absorbed creature will end up causing lots of havoc in Eteri's group, but mostly will hurt her self. With Kostornaya it is all about "me, me, me, me...... i am better than all and everybody, not just on ice". The year ago, when she was the "champion of everything", she caused a lot of grief to some ladies/girls at the rink, and said, and did, no so very nice things to them.

She just throws words at a given moment, what ever she thinks make her sound good, and does not think about consequences. 3 years "I am going to be doctor, leaving skating after Olys 2022". Now it is "I can't live without skating, education can wait". "I will try to also get to Olys in equestrian".... now she has not been there in over 5-6 months. But it sure as heck sounded good.... Doctor, Horse Riding queen...... she is an empty balloon full of hot air. It would be find if it only concerned her, but she also does not like people, in general, and acts very aggressive.

If Eteri will take her back, I hope Kostornaya eats LOTS of humble pies... ;)

Aren't her parents rich? She must be very spoiled.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
BTW, Gleikhengauz even put in a story the written words ‘we didn’t decide yet’ over the article 😂
I just saw that! So Dani G is contradicting the news... “No Decision Yet.” It’s just another Slow-News Day in Russian skating! 😆

Scott512

Except that Yana talked about AK being sick all of the time...not necessarily just ******? As if AoP group no longer has to deal with someone who’s constantly sick. Interpret that as we wish.
Yes that was mentioned and unfortunately aliona was not well health-wise while she was at PA.

twizzletoes76

Aren't her parents rich? She must be very spoiled.
Oh, please stop. Just because someone has money doesn’t necessarily mean they’ve had a spoiled upbringing.

Aliona is smart, pretty, well-read, and well-spoken. I watched some Instagram or YouTube chat she did a while back and she sounded very capable to me.

But she comes across as a bit of a perfectionist: and, perfectionistic people can be very hard on themselves—and, can get upset easily or be reactive when something doesn’t go as they want.

In fact, I think uber talented and creative people in general are often misunderstood—and, maybe that is the case here because I, honestly, don’t understand all this bad-mouthing of Aliona.

Tinami Amori

Wanna bet?
Well, actually Plush and Yana are "saving their arses" but to my surprise are doing it in a tolerable way... and not too stupid.

They say "Aleona leaving is a like a weight off our backs, we feel relieved not having to worry about her health anymore. We were pushing her to skip this season and to fully recover, but it was her choice to compete. Competing and Recovering at the same time does not work. Next time when we'll take new students we will ask them for a medical exam and state of their health. And we will have documents outlining not only our responsibility, but skater's responsibility as well.
(then they talk about how much they did for her and that she arrived in not so good condition, and how parents should know it).
Google translates well.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Gleikh said that Aleona's return is not a done deal or close. Besides logistical elements, she has financial/contractual issues with Pluschenko's club.

Tinami Amori

Perhaps Alena should move on from Plushenko but not back to TT? I am just thinking TT may be too crowded especially at the elite level to treat her as priority?! She wasn't able to hold off Anna with just 3axels when Anna hit (at Nationals 2019) and now there is Kamila with the jumps and also the whole package, and Daria with the whole package, and Maiia with the jumps. If Daria isn't able to get the 3axel in the coming season, perhaps Alena's best position at the camp is 3rd or 4th. She wasn't even happy when she was 1st (or 2nd).

Whether you agree with ET's method or not, it says something about how they see her competency that 2 of the 3 top elites who left her in a high profile manner in ther past 3 seasons (Evgenia and now Alena) have now come crying back.
I hope that what happens. Aleona managed to offend lots of people, at Khrystalniy, individually and one by one. I just don't think she deserves a 2nd change with this club.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I also wonder what will become of Hot Sergei now. By running over to AoP and luring some of Eteri's most promising skaters there, only to lose them over a couple of months is not exactly good work.

hanca

Values her privacy
I won the bet Moka. ;) Yana and Evgeni were very nice discussing Alionas exit all things considered.
Don’t celebrate your victory yet. I would give it a few weeks to see whether Pluschenko decides to share his side of the story, and ‘accidentally’ let it slip that Kostornaya was a nightmare because......(lots of reasons how hard it was to coach her).

hanca

Values her privacy
I also wonder what will become of Hot Sergei now. By running over to AoP and luring some of Eteri's most promising skaters there, only to lose them over a couple of months is not exactly good work.
He could always try with Khromykh or Usacheva. Constantly fighting against Scherbakova and Valieva at every day practice session can’t be such a fun, so they may want to try their luck elsewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information