Russian Ladies news & discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

Kostornaia IS a little drama queen and seems to cause trouble wherever she goes. Maybe it's time to question The Most Holy Saint Skater Alena at this point?

I for one, am very much looking forward to Plushenko's reaction to all of this since he isn't someone who is taking stuff like this lightly, see Tarakanova or Sakhanovich.
I wonder if Pluschenko will not start giving "his side of the story" about what went wrong with Kostornaya, like he did with Tarakanova...... :)

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Moreover, Kostornaia went through...how many? 6 programs this season alone. She got 2 from Gleikh, which she later proclaimed as bad. Then another 2 from team Plushenko where the FP wasn't even ready by the time test skates came around and then another 2 only recently.
That has got to be a new record.

Scott512

Kostornaia IS a little drama queen and seems to cause trouble wherever she goes. Maybe it's time to question The Most Holy Saint Skater Alena at this point?

I for one, am very much looking forward to Plushenko's reaction to all of this since he isn't someone who is taking stuff like this lightly, see Tarakanova or Sakhanovich.
We won't get back here this will be a very professional press conference tomorrow And I expect plushy to be on his best behavior because he wants other girls and boys coming to his Academy. If I trashes Alena heading out the door everybody will notice that and say well if I go there in and leave what will he say about me?

I guarantee you Plushenko trying to get a top Russian male skater from right now.. He can promise the moon and is developing top facilities and hes one of the all time great figure skaters.

His losing alyona is not like if sasha left.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Oh, well, heaven forbid anyone say one word against Our Most Holy Mother, Saint Eteri. The earth might crumble and fall into the sun. :rolleyes: As long as I live, I'll never understand the cult of the skating coach. Fanyus can be bad enough, but at least they idolize an actual skater. But a coach?
You simply don't like Tutberidze and that's why you're just so baffled about how anyone could have a fan club for her. You certainly have no problem assuming a bunch of things that have not once being proven or substantiated upon simply because it's Tutberidze -- so let's not forget the other side of this and I could ask you how you could dislike an adult so much that doesn't done anything to you and hasn't done anything wrong in general. I know some of FSU are eagerly awaiting someone to spill a bunch of beans that just aren't there, yet you all keep having to deal with the praise and skaters returning to her :lol:

Eteri has done remarkable things for ladies' skating, regardless of how long the skaters stick around. This is not the first instance of someone leaving her to find something 'more' and coming back relatively quickly. She may be stern and not smile enough for all the perfect people of FSU, but she knows what she's doing and she clearly motivates the skaters to do their best, and sometimes that serious work is what produces results. That method and mentality extends way past an ice rink.

Figure skating may very well be the most popular sport in Russia - any Russians I've met over the years are hardly any fans of ISU competitions but know every last detail about skating news happening and Russian results, coaching changes, every interview, etc. Of course they are going to get wrapped up in all of this hot news.

Scott512

I wonder if Pluschenko will not start giving "his side of the story" about what went wrong with Kostornaya, like he did with Tarakanova...... :)
Nope. Nothing negative anyway he will just talk about Corona virus and how it ruined our season which is true.

Plushy needs talent and names. If he trashes Aliona know when she's down other talent around the world and especially in Russia will notice this and be concerned it out that. This isn't Nastya T or sima we're talking about this is alyona.

Last edited:

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Nope. Nothing negative anyway he will just talk about ********* ***** and how it ruined our season which is true.

Plushy needs talent and names. If he trashes allio know when she's down other talent around the world and especially in Russia will notice this and be concerned it out that. This isn't Nastya T or sima we're talking about this is alyona.
Wanna bet?

Scott512

Moreover, Kostornaia went through...how many? 6 programs this season alone. She got 2 from Gleikh, which she later proclaimed as bad. Then another 2 from team Plushenko where the FP wasn't even ready by the time test skates came around and then another 2 only recently.
That has got to be a new record.
Not the kind of record you want.

Let's let this girl clear her head get healthy and see what she can do back at TT with all the great skaters around her.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Not ths kind of record you want.

Let's let this girl clear her head get healthy and see what she can do back at TT with all the great skaters around her.
That is if Eteri indeed decides to take her back.
If I were her I wouldn't do that. For the simple reason that whenever something goes wrong in practice again, Kostornaia would threepeat her disgusting and honorless way of leaving a coach.

Scott512

Kostornaya also was not treating her rink mates too nicely either, i don't mean before she left, i mean going back to 2017/2018. I noticed it back then, an said that this self-centered egotistical, self absorbed creature will end up causing lots of havoc in Eteri's group, but mostly will hurt her self. With Kostornaya it is all about "me, me, me, me...... i am better than all and everybody, not just on ice". The year ago, when she was the "champion of everything", she caused a lot of grief to some ladies/girls at the rink, and said, and did, no so very nice things to them.

She just throws words at a given moment, what ever she thinks make her sound good, and does not think about consequences. 3 years "I am going to be doctor, leaving skating after Olys 2022". Now it is "I can't live without skating, education can wait". "I will try to also get to Olys in equestrian".... now she has not been there in over 5-6 months. But it sure as heck sounded good.... Doctor, Horse Riding queen...... she is an empty balloon full of hot air. It would be find if it only concerned her, but she also does not like people, in general, and acts very aggressive.

If Eteri will take her back, I hope Kostornaya eats LOTS of humble pies... ;)
Eteri will demand a more responsible Aliona.
This girl had a season of Humble Pie. Now it's time to see if she has made personal improvements in getting along with people.
Only time will tell. But there's no doubt that e.g. was very fond of aliona before she left on July 31st

Scott512

That is if Eteri indeed decides to take her back.
If I were her I wouldn't do that. For the simple reason that whenever something goes wrong in practice again, Kostornaia would threepeat her disgusting and honorless way of leaving a coach.
She 17 she can change and she will have to to return to TT.

Scott512

Just see, Plush and wifey are going to go all in and tell their side of the story and trash Alena completely.
That would be disappointing if it turned into an attack on alyona. A lot of things went wrong for her this season not all of them were plushes fault. I mean her catching Corona virus changed everything.

Bigbird

I will.

Plushy aint crying himself to sleep. A still has sasha an Olympic gold medal hopeful.
Plushy is responsible for a lot of things, but dear I say it, Aliona is a special girl, she needs an Eteri. Plushenko was not a good fit for her, period. Apparently she's just very willfull and too easily rattled. Rozanov cannot manage a young girl that complex. The only way Plushy could have saved face was if he kicked her out months ago in much the same way as Morozov dumped Kovtun years ago. He accomodated her every ask. He invested heavily in her. I wouldn't be surprised if he suggested, ehem, that she go back to ET.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I'd be very surprised if ET took Alena back. She doesn't "need" her, she has a whole pack of young girls who are going to fight for a place on the Olympic team and the OGM. And each and everyone of them have outscored Alena most of the time this season.
Kostornaia is done, IMHO.

twizzletoes76

I noticed that Kostornaya is a bad self-centered, careless person, back in 2017, when she was the "star" at Eteri's. My dislike of her has nothing to do with her coaching situation. I hope Kostornaya pays for all the grief she caused to other girls around her.
How on earth can you say that about a teenage girl? People on this forum are indeed crazy! 😨

Scott512

Plushy is responsible for a lot of things, but dear I say it, Aliona is a special girl, she needs an Eteri. Plushenko was not a good fit for her, period. Apparently she's just very willfull and too easily rattled. Rozanov cannot manage a young girl that complex. The only way Plushy could have saved face was if he kicked her out months ago in much the same way as Morozov dumped Kovtun years ago. He accomodated her every ask. He invested heavily in her. I wouldn't be surprised if he suggested, ehem, that she go back to ET.
Interesting take.

She is a very complex girl and EG not only was her coach who took her to the top she was her protector to.o She got the Eteri bounce and she had an almost unbeaten debut season.

Trying to figure out teenagers is not easy. But obviously alyona has a different personality than say Anna who has been at TT 13 years.

No question plushy gave Aliona a lot. He was not responsible for her getting Corona virus and her struggling to recover from that that ruined her season and put all kinds of doubts in her mind.

If EG Is OK with taking her back that's good enough for me and it should be for everybody.

Last edited:

zebraswan

Considering there was a large outbreak at AoP and the inability of its coaches to ever wear a mask properly, I don’t think you can say for sure that he wasn’t responsible to some degree that she got sick.

I knew that something like this was going to happen as soon as he started luring everyone to his school. Narcissist promises the world, delivers nothing, has a revolving door of staff and students...what is the big surprise? Talk is cheap. The Rudkovskayas excel only at PR, and that’s it.

Cherub721

YEAH!
I'd be very surprised if ET took Alena back. She doesn't "need" her, she has a whole pack of young girls who are going to fight for a place on the Olympic team and the OGM. And each and everyone of them have outscored Alena most of the time this season.

I was thinking the appeal would be if she can get her back in shape for next season (the same form she had last season at least, which doesn't guarantee anything next season) then that would imply that the problems were all Plushy's fault.

All in all I'm guessing if she took Med back she will take Kostornaya. The situation with Med was a far bigger drama and her shape at test skates was much worse than Kostornaya at cup finals.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I was thinking the appeal would be if she can get her back in shape for next season (the same form she had last season at least, which doesn't guarantee anything next season) then that would imply that the problems were all Plushy's fault.

All in all I'm guessing if she took Med back she will take Kostornaya. The situation with Med was a far bigger drama and her shape at test skates was much worse than Kostornaya at cup finals.
I get your point and I'd be glad to see Kostornaia in her old form, but Med hasn't burnt as many bridges as Kostornaia. Med parted with Orser in a very amicable and respectable way, Kostornaia did not from what we know.
Moreover, Eteri has a ton of girls she works with who are not nearly as difficult as Kostornaia, and I would totally understand if she won't want to invest even more energy into working with someone who has, by now, demonstrated twice that they are so impulsive and offensive towards their former mentors.

Bigbird

Considering there was a large outbreak at AoP and the inability of its coaches to ever wear a mask properly, I don’t think you can say for sure that he wasn’t responsible to some degree that she got sick.

I knew that something like this was going to happen as soon as he started luring everyone to his school. Narcissist promises the world, delivers nothing, has a revolving door of staff and students...what is the big surprise? Talk is cheap. The Rudkovskayas excel only at PR, and that’s it.
Come on we can count on one hand the number of Russian coaches who know how to wear a mask properly. But you may have a half a point, Plushy can be a bit of a show off.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!

That's exactly the point. Plushenko still has to prove himself as a real coach. Only luring ready-made skaters and coaches to his school, promising them whatever and not delivering isn't exactly what I'd call "quality work".

ET, on the other hand, has created her own school from literally nothing. She had no big career herself, had no big names supporting her, is a single mother of a hearing impaired daughter and managed to overcome all of this in Moscow, the snake pit of figure skating and keeps being successful for almost a decade now with no ending in sight. She is a big name in Russian sports history and will remain there forever.

Scott512

Eteri knows what she is doing. If she accepts alyona back in that's her choice and I support it.
But I am sure this coach will set parameters for this girl.

Remember the coach's job is to help and aliona may be crying out for help to EG. If the coach makes Aluona happy but not a champion again that's OK.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Eteri knows what she is doing. If she accepts alyona back in that's her choice and I support it.
But I am sure this coach will set parameters for this girl.

Remember the coach's job is to help and aliona may be crying out for help to EG. If the coach makes Aluona happy but not a champion again that's OK.
Only "happy" doesn't win medals and Alena has stated far and wide that she was sooooo much happier at AoP and even "smiled more often".
Alena doesn't want to be some happy skater, winning silver and bronze medals at B-internationals. She wants to be a champion. She was a champion under the guidance of ET and threw all of it away, only now to realize that "smiling more often" and having sponsors is not the way to her goals.

Scott512

Only "happy" doesn't win medals and Alena has stated far and wide that she was sooooo much happier at AoP and even "smiled more often".
Alena doesn't want to be some happy skater, winning silver and bronze medals at B-internationals. She wants to be a champion. She was a champion under the guidance of ET and threw all of it away, only now to realize that "smiling more often" and having sponsors is not the way to her goals.
Yep. Living and learning is one of life's most important lessons.

Marco

Perhaps Alena should move on from Plushenko but not back to TT? I am just thinking TT may be too crowded especially at the elite level to treat her as priority?! She wasn't able to hold off Anna with just 3axels when Anna hit (at Nationals 2019) and now there is Kamila with the jumps and also the whole package, and Daria with the whole package, and Maiia with the jumps. If Daria isn't able to get the 3axel in the coming season, perhaps Alena's best position at the camp is 3rd or 4th. She wasn't even happy when she was 1st (or 2nd).

Whether you agree with ET's method or not, it says something about how they see her competency that 2 of the 3 top elites who left her in a high profile manner in ther past 3 seasons (Evgenia and now Alena) have now come crying back.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Perhaps Alena should move on from Plushenko but not back to TT? I am just thinking TT may be too crowded especially at the elite level?!

Whether you agree with ET's method or not, it says something about how they see her competency that 2 of the 3 top elites who left her in a high profile manner in ther past 3 seasons (Evgenia and now Alena) have now come crying back.
Don't forget Tursynbaeva of Kazakhstan who returned, got her quad back and won a silver medal at Worlds in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information