Russian Ladies news & discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I am quite baffled, TBH. And not sure whether I am 'said poster'.

I don't want a different minimum that the ISU has - the minimum is important.

All I am saying is that I am okay with the 3 limit per country. I think it is fair. I want to see skaters from different countries at a World or Olympic competition. That does not mean members from any single nation. It means that skaters from different countries get to go to Worlds, rather than most skaters just representing a few strong FS countries.

Again - do you want a repeat of Canadian/American/Russian Nationals at Worlds?
Your being baffled about your own words is baffling.

You questioned repeatedly whether Bin Yao should've been at Worlds. At that time, why not? There were no rules in place to stop him from going. He wouldn't have hit the TES levels in modern days, but also would have had many more opportunities at lower levels to build up his career prior to showing up for a Worlds. That's not shutting out ALL countries except for CAN/RUS/USA or whatever you're trying to correlate. What exactly was your point by bringing that up over and over again? This isn't 1980 - China has many ways prior to Worlds to get a skater into Worlds.

I also have no idea why you keep throwing Canada in when there's not exactly depth there in any fields past the top 4 in two disciplines.

I want the World Championships to be the strongest group of skaters as reasonably possible, and I've been very vocal about wanting GPF medalists to get an automatic entry for a long time now. I'm not bothered by having three wildcards if it makes the overall event that much stronger.

I also don't want every country getting in by the sake of 'OMG we have to allow everyone!' because no one wants three rounds of competition; no judges, officials, audience want 10+ hours of competition again aside from the odd fan out, etc.

Scott512

I guess that the long commute 🚘 to Plushy’s new facility, way out in the suburbs, was the last straw.
I want to thinik it will work out for her.

At least Aliona will have many other girls to talk to back at TT. ;)

And if she gets her triple axel back Aliona could be a contender for the Olympic team.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
The announcement that the decision will be made tomorrow is top flight drama. Will anyone in Russia sleep tonight?
Excuse my ignorance. What decision? Russia’s Worlds team has been selected. Or....a decision by Eteri whether or not to accept The Prodigal Daughter??

Frau Muller

He had dorms built there for his skaters, so she could've lived right near the facility and I guess she did exactly that.
Uhhhh... beautiful 18-yr-old, out in the woods, in her own cabin (dacha)??? I don’t think so. That was my point about “commute”....not just the drive itself. 😛

Frau Muller

Novice Liza B transferred from cska to TT. Her former coach wrote the nicest post about her and wishing her luck in her new surroundings. Davydov is impressive. Maybe Aliona will end up there if she doesn't go back to TT.
Or with Mishin? He has a great track record with seasoned skaters trying to maintain or regain skills past age 17/18.

Bigbird

Could the Russian Fed have 'suggested' to Kostornaia that it would be in her best interest to return to Eteri or would this have been totally Aliona's idea?
I get the feeling that Plushenko is not as organised as he needs to be, juggling too many things. He was a very efficient self sufficient athlete in his day but today's athlete may need a bit more structure? On the other hand he's had some success but Aliona seems much too emotional and easily rattled. It could also be that there are too many coaches and parents in the kitchen and maybe he doesn't know quite yet how to be firm enough. I thought the fuss around Zhilina at her latest competition was telling. He needs a complete reset. Thinking out loud.

Skibean

I won’t pretend to know anything about the situation, but perhaps Aloina needed this experience to learn a lesson. Maybe Plushy promised her things and she realized those things weren’t going to happen and she regretted her decision. Maybe Eteri will take her back and the other girls will see Aloina as an example of the grass isn’t always greener. Who knows?!
Aloina seemed to thrive under Eteri. She didn’t really miss out on Worlds by much- score wise. She is still in the game (not for this season) I wouldn’t count her out just yet.
Didn’t Eteri once say all the girls would be welcome back, or was that a different Russian drama? Hard to keep it all straight.

Scott512

I won’t pretend to know anything about the situation, but perhaps Aloina needed this experience to learn a lesson. Maybe Plushy promised her things and she realized those things weren’t going to happen and she regretted her decision. Maybe Eteri will take her back and the other girls will see Aloina as an example of the grass isn’t always greener. Who knows?!
Aloina seemed to thrive under Eteri. She didn’t really miss out on Worlds by much- score wise. She is still in the game (not for this season) I wouldn’t count her out just yet.
Didn’t Eteri once say all the girls would be welcome back, or was that a different Russian drama? Hard to keep it all straight.
Yes she did say that. The question is did EG mean that they could come back and visit and say hi who skated there in the past or coming back to skate everyone was welcome?

Good luck to Aliona. I don't want to see her suffer and she's getting pounded on sports.ru.

I hope tomorrow clarifies everything and they move on. I also hope aliona says something publicly thanking plushie and his team.

She had such a tough season and coronavirus s really hurt her game.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

Russia announces 10-year doping suspension for Olympic figure skater Sotskova​

MOSCOW (Reuters) – Russia’s Figure Skating Federation said on Wednesday it had suspended Olympic figure skater Maria Sotskova for 10 years for violating anti-doping rules, months after Reuters reported she was set to be banned.

Reuters reported last September that Sotskova was set to be handed a 10-year suspension for having submitted a forged document to explain a doping violation.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Yes she did say that. The question is did EG mean that they could come back and visit and say hi who skated there in the past or coming back to skate everyone was welcome?

Good luck to Aliona. I don't want to see her suffer and she's getting pounded on sports.ru.

I hope tomorrow clarifies everything and they move on. I also hope aliona says something publicly thanking plushie and his team.

She had such a tough season and ******** s really hurt her game.
Imagine a bunch of adults having nothing better to do with their lives than dump on a 17 year old. :rolleyes: They must be super proud of themselves.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Imagine a bunch of adults having nothing better to do with their lives than dump on a 17 year old. :rolleyes: They must be super proud of themselves.
It's Karma. Alena Kostornaia also dumped quite a lot on Eteri and her team in interviews after she left them and how she is "smiling more" at Camp Plush.
She left Team Tutberidze in a disgusting way and has repeated her pattern now with AoP.

Yes, there are a LOT of figure skating fans who don't have anything else in their lives and they are (over)reacting now, but that's the world we have now with the internet, social media etc.
Kostornaia will just have to deal with it.

Tinami Amori

Alina Zagitova's new commercial contract (Mir/Ozon, equiv of PayPal/Amazon)
filming

Alina Zagitova's live presentaton - Puma Studio

Wyliefan

She's seventeen. Years. Old.

It's not appropriate, and it's not right. Most if not all 17 year olds do stupid things. Most are able to do them without the press and the gossipmongers screaming at them for it. That's as it should be. No teenager should have to deal with this garbage, period. I don't care what she did to whom, they're adults and they can suck it up. And if they can't, they shouldn't be working with teenagers.

Tinami Amori

It's Karma. Alena Kostornaia also dumped quite a lot on Eteri and her team in interviews after she left them and how she is "smiling more" at Camp Plush.
She left Team Tutberidze in a disgusting way and has repeated her pattern now with AoP.
Kostornaya also was not treating her rink mates too nicely either, i don't mean before she left, i mean going back to 2017/2018. I noticed it back then, an said that this self-centered egotistical, self absorbed creature will end up causing lots of havoc in Eteri's group, but mostly will hurt her self. With Kostornaya it is all about "me, me, me, me...... i am better than all and everybody, not just on ice". The year ago, when she was the "champion of everything", she caused a lot of grief to some ladies/girls at the rink, and said, and did, no so very nice things to them.

She just throws words at a given moment, what ever she thinks make her sound good, and does not think about consequences. 3 years "I am going to be doctor, leaving skating after Olys 2022". Now it is "I can't live without skating, education can wait". "I will try to also get to Olys in equestrian".... now she has not been there in over 5-6 months. But it sure as heck sounded good.... Doctor, Horse Riding queen...... she is an empty balloon full of hot air. It would be find if it only concerned her, but she also does not like people, in general, and acts very aggressive.

If Eteri will take her back, I hope Kostornaya eats LOTS of humble pies... ;)

Last edited:

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
She's seventeen. Years. Old.

It's not appropriate, and it's not right. Most if not all 17 year olds do stupid things. Most are able to do them without the press and the gossipmongers screaming at them for it. That's as it should be. No teenager should have to deal with this garbage, period. I don't care what she did to whom, they're adults and they can suck it up. And if they can't, they shouldn't be working with teenagers.
And teenagers also can cause a lot of trouble. In addition to that, she was the one to spill all that dirt in the press in the past.
Eteri and her team have a huge fan following and they have witnessed all of it and now Kostornaia's actions are backfiring.
How come Trusova who is even younger has not had these issues and problems?

As harsh as it may sound, but you get what you deserve. And Kostornaia did A LOT to piss a lot of people off.
Also, the way she left Tutberidze back in summer and Plushenko now are NOT what you'd call "teenage rebellion", it's downright disgusting and nasty behavior, well thought-out.
Just wait for her next interview where she will throw a lot of dirt at Plushenko and his team at AoP.

Wyliefan

Oh, well, heaven forbid anyone say one word against Our Most Holy Mother, Saint Eteri. The earth might crumble and fall into the sun. :rolleyes: As long as I live, I'll never understand the cult of the skating coach. Fanyus can be bad enough, but at least they idolize an actual skater. But a coach?

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Oh, well, heaven forbid anyone say one word against Our Most Holy Mother, Saint Eteri. The earth might crumble and fall into the sun. :rolleyes: As long as I live, I'll never understand the cult of the skating coach. Fanyus can be bad enough, but at least they idolize an actual skater. But a coach?
Kostornaia IS a little drama queen and seems to cause trouble wherever she goes. Maybe it's time to question The Most Holy Saint Skater Alena at this point?

I for one, am very much looking forward to Plushenko's reaction to all of this since he isn't someone who is taking stuff like this lightly, see Tarakanova or Sakhanovich.

Scott512

Maybe he invited her because she is one of the top skaters in Pluschenko’s school, and at the time he invited her he couldn’t have known she was already planning her Pluchexit. He couldn’t very well uninvite her, could he!
Of course he wouldn't uninvite Aliona. Let's hope she is healthy enough to skate in his show.

Tinami Amori

Did you miss the clearly stated dates of 2017/2018 when Kostornaya WAS with Tutberidze, and that's when i noticed problems with her, all the way back then, and said a lot of it on FSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information