Russian Ladies news & discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I was washing dishes at 16 in a restaurant. Anna is at the top of the sporting world and seems like a wonderful young lady like they all do.

Growing up is hard and there's no way to avoid the bumps and bruises.

Anna's parents and coaches allowing her to make the final decision on whether to skate the SP or not it's something they have to live with. I think most of the adults here would agree that that was risky business and we would have wanted her to have pulled out because she was running a temperature and coming off pneumonia or c-19 or whatever it was that caused her to miss the Moscow GP in November.

and we all know kids and we all know that kids who have decisions made for them by
Their parents up until College really struggle when they go away from home because they don't know how to make decisions on their own.

What Anna did was best for her needs but worse for her health
And anyone else who could have caught her ***** short-term fever or whatever it was before the SP.

I am so glad it appears that everyone came out of Russian Nationals seemingly unscathed.
Well said.
Yes, mature skaters are always more interesting artistically. So, just like that, I just have to repost Talalaikina's free program from Russian Nationals. Maria is 18 years old and her interpretation of Angelina Jolie's Maleficent is magnificent IMO.

I think she certainly pulls you in as she cuts quite a figure on the ice. At interpretation...for me....that was generic. I might remember the sister's the costume but it had little connection to the music or the story. But then I have just watched Katerina Witt's Carmen. Witt interprets. She oozes.... the character and music.

anonymoose_au

People also need to figure out that Anna is the boss of her career not her parents not her coaches
This has come up a lot, but the question is, if it had gone all epically wrong for Anna who would you (generic you here) blame? Would you react the way most people did to Novak Djokovic getting COVID ("What a dumbass" "Got what he deserved" "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes") or would you be upset with the coaching team, medics or Anna's parents for not taking care of her?

Also my main issue with Anna competing is how she could have infected anyone she came in contact with. It might have been COVID, it might have been something else, either way it's extraordinarily selfish to expose everyone to your illness just so you can do what you want to do. Part of being an adult is considering others not just yourself.

muffinplus

Also my main issue with Anna competing is how she could have infected anyone she came in contact with. It might have been *********, it might have been something else, either way it's extraordinarily selfish to expose everyone to your illness just so you can do what you want to do
They already said she didn't have covid since she tested negative... and that what she had were after effects ... of course you are free to not believe that info though or be sceptical about it.. but at the end of the day we just have no idea what she had

anonymoose_au

They already said she didn't have ********* since she tested negative... and that what she had were after effects ... of course you are free to not believe that info though or be sceptical about it.. but at the end of the day we just have no idea what she had
Well she seemed to be ill with something, people don't run high fevers for no reason. A fever generally indicates you're infectious. If I got a flu or the cold or pneumonia after being around Anna I can tell you I'd be pretty pissed off, especially knowing that she knew she had had pneumonia. Like thanks a lot!

starrynight

Honestly, I think that the same teenage characteristics that lead to some teens being moody and rebellious are the same characteristics that lead others to be single-mindedly focused on one thing. It's a general inability to see the forest for the trees due to youth.

Just because a teenager is single-mindedly focused on one thing (in this case skating) doesn't make them wise or adult like. I speak from experience here.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Honestly, I think that the same teenage characteristics that lead to some teens being moody and rebellious are the same characteristics that lead others to be single-mindedly focused on one thing. It's a general inability to see the forest for the trees due to youth.

Just because a teenager is single-mindedly focused on one thing (in this case skating) doesn't make them wise or adult like. I speak from experience here.
You show off your experience in quite a few of your posts. I'm going to again ask (as I did in an earlier post) if your parents/guardians made every single decision for you up until the time you were 18 or even older, and then threw you off to fend for yourself once you had to either go to college or get a full-time job? If any of you did have this type of situation- then just know it's not realistic. Period. Now, if you want to write a novel about how your mother had to decide for you at 16 whether you felt well enough or not to go to school, as in she had to get inside your head to know exactly how you were feeling, then please do share. Not one of us knows how Anna was feeling.

These are athletes that train day in and out. I think she knew what her body was telling her and what she was capable of. What I don't like is grown-ass adults in every sense of the word coming here and constantly playing psychologist and/or doctor and/or mind-reader.

What makes Anna's decision that she was okay different than any adult skater or athlete in other sports (because hey, this happens outside of skating) who also decided the same? You're trying to explain teenagers as if none of them can decide anything, but suddenly they are blessed with knowledge to decide to sit it out when not feeling exactly 100%, once not teenagers anymore, or whatever you're basing it on. But most of them fight through whatever issues they have when they are adults, too.

aliona22

They already said she didn't have ********* since she tested negative... and that what she had were after effects ... of course you are free to not believe that info though or be sceptical about it.. but at the end of the day we just have no idea what she had

Ted Barton said on the Russian broadcast that she did have Covid, and was recovering from it. He could have made it up or confused her with another skater, but given his attention to Anna and relationship with Eteri, not to mention being the commentator for the Russian feed, I feel safe assuming he got the information from somewhere and it's not incorrect.

tony

Ted Barton said on the Russian broadcast that she did have *********, and was recovering from it. He could have made it up or confused her with another skater, but given his attention to Anna and relationship with Eteri, not to mention being the commentator for the Russian feed, I feel safe assuming he got the information from somewhere and it's not incorrect.
You realize Ted was sitting in a broadcast studio on the other side of the world, running on hours and hours of no sleep as it was opposite Russia, right? He didn't even know what the ice cream was in the kiss and cry. I wouldn't bank on him having prepared all of this exclusive insider info that only he knew.

AxelAnnie

You can be a-symptomatic and still contagious. A fever however is covid until proved otherwise.

anonymoose_au

I'm probably being unfair to Anna, but I can't help thinking of Sasha, who has so far managed to escape illness. If she gets sick like Anna, Liza or Aliona did her season will end and she'll go into the Olympic one with a deficit of competitions compared to the others. This could cost her the chance to go to the Olympics.

Anna and Sasha were really happy to see each other - which was sweet - and spent lots of time together at Nats. Anna didn't even try to take precautions - a mask, distancing herself from others or anything - it annoys me she's getting nothing but praise and nuts to everyone else.

To me that speaks of immaturity, not being heroic. She wanted to skate and win, fine that's understandable, but not give a damn about anyone else's health? That's where I draw the line.

starrynight

Wasn't it said by someone that the skaters were quite relaxed about 'rona because pretty much everyone has already got it and they believe the recent antibodies will prevent re-infection?

muffinplus

I'm probably being unfair to Anna, but I can't help thinking of Sasha, who has so far managed to escape illness. If she gets sick like Anna, Liza or Aliona did her season will end and she'll go into the Olympic one with a deficit of competitions compared to the others. This could cost her the chance to go to the Olympics.

Anna and Sasha were really happy to see each other - which was sweet - and spent lots of time together at Nats. Anna didn't even try to take precautions - a mask, distancing herself from others or anything - it annoys me she's getting nothing but praise and nuts to everyone else.

To me that speaks of immaturity, not being heroic. She wanted to skate and win, fine that's understandable, but not give a damn about anyone else's health? That's where I draw the line.

Sasha doesn't even care herself. (which is bad, she should). I saw pictures of her at the airprort posing with fans with no masks; no distance, no masks.. Same for Anna talking to that journalist who had no mask on. (I would hope they do daily testings or something) Equally bad .

muffinplus

Ted Barton said on the Russian broadcast that she did have *********, and was recovering from it. He could have made it up or confused her with another skater, but given his attention to Anna and relationship with Eteri, not to mention being the commentator for the Russian feed, I feel safe assuming he got the information from somewhere and it's not incorrect.

Ted sometimes calls skaters by the wrong name... so not exactly a reliable source of information. Gorshkov said she HAD HAD Covid (actually he was saying contradictory things so who knows) a long time ago but tested negative for it. Anyways, @alchemy void is right, this thread will be a mess if we continue to discuss this topic only, and I'm contributing. :duh: So I will stop, but people need to STOP making assumptions.

Last edited:

tony

I must have missed the continued questioning over Tuktamysheva, who was ACTUALLY NOT FEELING WELL, and was reported to have seriously considered withdrawing prior to the free skate. I'm a broken record but what exactly do we know regarding Anna? I'll tell you what was assumed at first: 'OMG, she can't breathe. Eteri must be forcing this!'

Give me a break about how she or anyone else didn't give a damn. Anyone who wasn't wearing a mask outside of the ice surface itself was at equal play for potentially catching something. Period. If you're going to walk down the street and throw a hissy fit because I don't have a mask on but you don't have one on either, then who is the moron?

mjb52

Is there any news about Kostornaya (that isn't gossip) and whether she is back on ice? Seems like most skaters are probably on holiday mode through the week-end but I wonder if they'll start back up on Monday. When is Eastern Orthodox Christmas?

I think Liza said she would be back on ice the 2nd? Is that right? That's today! I can't see her starting up on the week-end (maybe that's my own laziness kicking in) so I wonder if I am remembering that wrong.

tony

Is there any news about Kostornaya (that isn't gossip) and whether she is back on ice? Seems like most skaters are probably on holiday mode through the week-end but I wonder if they'll start back up on Monday. When is Eastern Orthodox Christmas?

I think Liza said she would be back on ice the 2nd? Is that right? That's today! I can't see her starting up on the week-end (maybe that's my own laziness kicking in) so I wonder if I am remembering that wrong.
Nah, she did say the 2nd on Instagram IIRC.

anonymoose_au

I must have missed the continued questioning over Tuktamysheva, who was ACTUALLY NOT FEELING WELL, and was reported to have seriously considered withdrawing prior to the free skate.
Go ahead and question it sure, but where's the questioning of Anna? She as much as admitted everyone in her coaching team and parents were telling her to withdraw and she didn't. For them to do that she must had some serious symptoms of something.

Plus I guess I missed the part where Liza was hanging out with a skater from another group and breathing all over them.

If you're going to walk down the street and throw a hissy fit because I don't have a mask on but you don't have one on either, then who is the moron?
I'm a moron for not wearing one, but you're the utter asshole if you've got symptoms and not wearing one.

PS. Sasha's injury is not contagious, she risks only herself by competing.

tony

Go ahead and question it sure, but where's the questioning of Anna? She as much as admitted everyone in her coaching team and parents were telling her to withdraw and she didn't. For them to do that she must had some serious symptoms of something.

Plus I guess I missed the part where Liza was hanging out with a skater from another group and breathing all over them.

I'm a moron for not wearing one, but you're the utter asshole if you've got symptoms and not wearing one.

PS. Sasha's injury is not contagious, she risks only herself by competing.
What does it matter who was hanging out with who as it pertains to skaters not being within the same group? You think no one else crossed paths outside of the ice surface? Watch the press conference, for example. Watch how casual all of the Russians have been this entire year with actually wearing the mask correctly or at all. Look at photos from the draws.

And once again, we need to stop with the assuming. We don't know if Anna had symptoms, and we don't know if anyone else was asymptomatic. If you are around 20 people and automatically assume the one who coughed one time was the one who must have given you some illness, then that's just as I said: assuming without any basis at all.

PS. My point about the masks was if Sasha or anyone else wanted to take extra precautions, they could've worn a mask at all times, but instead you've gone into this 'OMG poor her, what if she get's it and her Olympic dream is ruined because of Anna?!' narrative. Like I said in my example, it's moronic to play victim when you yourself were walking down the street too, expecting everyone to stay out of your way because you didn't wear a mask.

And get out of this thread with 'where's the questioning of Anna?' It's been non-stop questioning everything she's done, but instead of blaming evil Eteri it's now blaming Anna and accusations of something we don't even know details about-- which I'm going to personally reiterate for about the 10th time. And I guarantee you if anyone were to get sick, you'd be first in line to blame Anna but not consider anyone else as possibilities.

anonymoose_au

And once again, we need to stop with the assuming
Fine I'll stop assuming, but that means nobody should be allowed to question Liza's or Sasha's decisions either.

If we're not allowed to question Anna and have to assume she had the right to decide, then that goes for everyone else. If they compete, no matter what their condition and no matter what happens good, bad or otherwise no coach or skater is to be criticised.

Although judging by how you go on about Sasha's injury I have a funny feeling you won't give her the benefit of the doubt.

tony

Fine I'll stop assuming, but that means nobody should be allowed to question Liza's or Sasha's decisions either.

If we're not allowed to question Anna and have to assume she had the right to decide, then that goes for everyone else. If they compete, no matter what their condition and no matter what happens good, bad or otherwise no coach or skater is to be criticised.

Although judging by how you go on about Sasha's injury I have a funny feeling you won't give her the benefit of the doubt.
WTF are you talking about 'how I go on about Sasha's injury'? Can you read?

anonymoose_au

WTF are you talking about 'how I go on about Sasha's injury'? Can you read?
The second I questioned Anna competing when she herself said she was not well and when absolutely everyone was telling her not too you hit back with "What about Sasha's injury?!" As if an injury can be compared to an infectious disease.

Both Liza and Anna were irresponsible, but while I've heard plenty of people say Liza shouldn't have gone because she was ill, I haven't heard one person say Anna shouldn't have it if they do they excuse it with "Oh, but can you blame her?" and "Just look how amazingly she skated! She's the best! A real role model! A heroine!"

I just happen to think a dumb decision is a dumb decision no matter the outcome. If I jump off a cliff and somehow don't break any bones, that doesn't make my decision any less dumb. Same with Anna.

tony

The second I questioned Anna competing when she herself said she was not well and when absolutely everyone was telling her not too you hit back with "What about Sasha's injury?!" As if an injury can be compared to an infectious disease.

Both Liza and Anna were irresponsible, but while I've heard plenty of people say Liza shouldn't have gone because she was ill, I haven't heard one person say Anna shouldn't have it if they do they excuse it with "Oh, but can you blame her?" and "Just look how amazingly she skated! She's the best! A real role model! A heroine!"

I just happen to think a dumb decision is a dumb decision not matter the outcome. If I jump off a cliff and somehow don't break any bones, that doesn't make my decision any less dumb. Same with Anna.
Where in the hell did I say anything about Sasha's injury? After you're done being delusional, you can correct yourself on that one. I've been saying since page 1 of this thread that people have competed injured throughout skating and the sports world and that wasn't a problem any other time. So you're barking up the wrong tree.

Someone come rescue this thread. The Plushenko fanatic is making up posts ;)

Last edited:

zebraswan

Even if Anna did have YKW, her contagious period would have been long past. She was sick well before all the skaters that caught it at Rostelecom and at Plushenko’s rink. I mean we can spend hours going on about all the poor decisions at any of these places by countless different people, or get over it. What’s done is done. Hopefully everyone will be vaccinated soon.

tony

I see you don't need to not wear a mask when sick to be an asshole.

Stay classy.
So you've thrown out completely false claims/quotes, doubled down on them, undoubtedly realized how stupid that was, and now your only response is that? I'm shocked that this has happened on FSU.

And I know: it's really tough to just say you were incorrect.

Anyways, back to the ladies:

Here's a nice photo of Butyrskaya and family celebrating the New Year:

It's nice to see that Slutskaya likes a lot of her stuff and vice-versa. I know Irina did an interview not that long ago where she said they sat down and kinda laughed off how they had always been rivals for so long, mostly because of everyone else around them wanting that.

muffinplus

So you've thrown out completely false claims/quotes, doubled down on them, undoubtedly realized how stupid that was, and now your only response is that? I'm shocked that this has happened on FSU.

And I know: it's really tough to just say you were incorrect.

Anyways, back to the ladies:

Here's a nice photo of Butyrskaya and family celebrating the New Year:

It's nice to see that Slutskaya likes a lot of her stuff and vice-versa. I know Irina did an interview not that long ago where she said they sat down and kinda laughed off how they had always been rivals for so long, mostly because of everyone else around them wanting that.

Butyrskaya's daughter looks a little bit like Sofia Akatieva in that pic

AxelAnnie

What does it matter who was hanging out with who as it pertains to skaters not being within the same group? You think no one else crossed paths outside of the ice surface? Watch the press conference, for example. Watch how casual all of the Russians have been this entire year with actually wearing the mask correctly or at all. Look at photos from the draws.

And once again, we need to stop with the assuming. We don't know if Anna had symptoms, and we don't know if anyone else was asymptomatic. If you are around 20 people and automatically assume the one who coughed one time was the one who must have given you some illness, then that's just as I said: assuming without any basis at all.

PS. My point about the masks was if Sasha or anyone else wanted to take extra precautions, they could've worn a mask at all times, but instead you've gone into this 'OMG poor her, what if she get's it and her Olympic dream is ruined because of Anna?!' narrative. Like I said in my example, it's moronic to play victim when you yourself were walking down the street too, expecting everyone to stay out of your way because you didn't wear a mask.

And get out of this thread with 'where's the questioning of Anna?' It's been non-stop questioning everything she's done, but instead of blaming evil Eteri it's now blaming Anna and accusations of something we don't even know details about-- which I'm going to personally reiterate for about the 10th time. And I guarantee you if anyone were to get sick, you'd be first in line to blame Anna but not consider anyone else as possibilities.
Details..

viewing​

Not a thought for anyone else in the midst of a worldwide pandemic. Charming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information