Russian figure skating news in 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evgeniafan

According to Pravda, they have already gotten their release.

Yeah, it's Pravda, but still....
I meant only Davis/Smolkin would and did get their release. The favoritism towards this team is unbelievable.

Lara111

And how long will we let her be a fan of putin? Under 18? Until 20? Until 30? And what will happen next? Does she realize her mistakes and apologize? Parents are only glad for such a wonderful tolerant world, which continues to look for excuses for them.

There is nothing wrong with being russian if you are sitting in russia. As soon as the russian goes beyond the borders of rRussia, at best, he begins to carry his imperial propaganda. And the russian can bring death and destruction with him. So russians should stay at home until they understand what's wrong with being russian.
Nastya did not say that she was against the war. So she is a simple russian girl who supports her. And don't tell me about "a lot of russians". Leave these tales to your conscience.
People with the opinion like yours are the root cause for descrimination, nationalism and hatererd. I am sure there are other ''causes'' you support with the same attitude.

Dobre

Really, the earliest I think we'll see any Russians in competition is Euros 2024 - and I'm guessing they won't have that warm of a welcome from the crowd in Kaunas.
Is Lithuania letting in any Russian athletes on VISAs for competitions right now? Their restrictions are tighter than a lot of countries, I think.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Is Lithuania letting in any Russian athletes on VISAs right now? Their restrictions are tighter than a lot of countries, I think.
No idea. I haven't kept track of that lately, but that would certainly be another barrier for Russians (and probably Belarusians too, if the Wagner build-up near the Suwalki Gap are legitimate).

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Hard to say if your people are murdered and slaughtered right now by a people where we do not see significant protest within or outside of Russia by Russian people
They don't have a free press the way we do.

airgelaal

People with the opinion like yours are the root cause for descrimination, nationalism and hatererd. I am sure there are other ''causes'' you support with the same attitude.
The good attitude towards the russians ended in a war in my country. Simply because discrimination, nationalism and hatred are the prerogative of russians.
We have already seen how ordinary russian girls who do not support the war sat on a chair and demanded respect. Because even russian athletes are not obliged to respect anyone, but everyone is obliged to respect them.
plushenko openly supports the war, but this does not prevent the figure skater from Kazakhstan from training with him. The athlete from CSKA will continue to train there and compete for Kazakhstan. And no one cares. Because once again there will be a million excuses. Again, if Plushenko supported sexual violence, I am sure that the world of figure skating would be much less tolerant of him. But he only supports the war

Karen-W

I had not heard of $$$ changing hands in the the Davis/Smolkin release. Hmmm....

I think that's always been the unspoken assumption, ever since they got married in Mar 2022 and rumors surfaced later that spring that they were looking to switch feds.
So, in answer to the question... see this brand-new interview they did - yes, they had to pay for their release.

Eislauffan

I assure you the Russians outside of Russia do. But I know enough in Germany who still buy everything Putin tells them and are behind the war.
Unfortunately, there are even Germans (born and raised in Germany) and also citizens of other countries (born and raised int heir respective country) who are supporting Putin & Co. Just look at the German right-wing party AfD. 🤮

Hedwig

Antique member
Unfortunately, there are even Germans (born and raised in Germany) and also citizens of other countries (born and raised int heir respective country) who are supporting Putin & Co. Just look at the German right-wing party AfD. 🤮
I know. 😢
And the amount of money Russia spends for propaganda in a lot of states including Germany, the US or Africa is felt daily 😢

Rina RUS

The daughter of Elena Berezhnaya has made her debut as a pair skater. The girl’s name is Sofia Cousins. The text under the video says that her partner’s name is Alexander Bregei.

On the video Tamara Moskvina says that Alexander Smirnov is their coach (the one who skated with Yuko Kavaguti).

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Well, Berezhnaya put her daughter in Smirnov's (aka Moskvina's ) group. I don't recall any reports of bulling/beating/mistreating the girls in her group, frankly.

As for Davis/Smolkin - they were (ok, he was, she is mainly mute in the interviews) among the only skaters who openly spoke against the war. As far as I understand Smolkin can't go back to Russia at all right now (Davis, of course, can). So am not sure I have much of a problem with their switch (except for feeling sorry for Kazakova/Reviya - somehow I doubt Davis/Smolkin will make it to top 10 at the Worlds without the Russian judging help).

Karen-W

Well, Berezhnaya put her daughter in Smirnov's (aka Moskvina's ) group. I don't recall any reports of bulling/beating/mistreating the girls in her group, frankly.

As for Davis/Smolkin - they were (ok, he was, she is mainly mute in the interviews) among the only skaters who openly spoke against the war. As far as I understand Smolkin can't go back to Russia at all right now (Davis, of course, can). So am not sure I have much of a problem with their switch (except for feeling sorry for Kazakova/Reviya - somehow I doubt Davis/Smolkin will make it to top 10 at the Worlds without the Russian judging help).
I dunno... That score at LPIDI would have beat CarPon for 10th in Saitama. Another 2 points would have beat TurkVer and 5.5 would have had them ahead of the Taschlers. I'd say they're very clearly set up for top 10 in Montreal, even if HawBak are back and SmaDie prove to be very good.

rfisher

Let the skating begin

Well, Reviya's knees aren't going to get better, so I think they were a moot point. It's a pity he was injured when he was because they had a stellar junior career.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
I dunno... That score at LPIDI would have beat CarPon for 10th in Saitama. Another 2 points would have beat TurkVer and 5.5 would have had them ahead of the Taschlers. I'd say they're very clearly set up for top 10 in Montreal, even if HawBak are back and SmaDie prove to be very good.
I wouldn't compare a small competition at the beginning of the season to a major competition of a previous year. If you recall Davis/Smalkin already had some sky high score in some B competition in Warsaw that beat Stepanova/Bukin's GP score. And nothing.

caseyedwards

Bagin retired.

Tutberidze, TAT, Gleikhengauze and Zhulin received and order of distinction ( the article says ‘from Putin’) was presented by the minister of sports.
So deserving. They are amazing contributors to figure skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information