Royalty Thread #9. Welcome Archie, the red headed heir, don’t care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I wonder if she now regrets giving Kate only three weeks between the birth of Louis and her wedding?

:rolleyes: Seriously? :drama:

Right, as usual, everything negative under the sun we can lay at Meghan's feet. You aren't making any sense at all with such a comment. Such ridiculousness is the furthest thing from either Kate's or Meghan's minds, believe me! Not to mention that neither Harry nor Meghan had exclusive say over which day they would be scheduled to be married. :duh: SMH on a rotisserie!

Your comment is equivalent to someone questioning why Kate chose to get pregnant with her third child when she did. :COP: :blah:

MsZem

I see the sea
Your comment is equivalent to someone questioning why Kate chose to get pregnant with her third child when she did. :COP: :blah:
No, it's not. Harry and Meghan became engaged when Kate was already pregnant with Louis. And I imagine that having been pregnant and given birth herself, Meghan now has a better appreciation of how challenging it must have been for Kate and Zara to attend the wedding so near to giving birth.

That said, Meghan couldn't have possibly chosen that wedding date on her own; I'm sure plenty of people had to sign off on it. June is already full with other events, and they may not have wanted to have the wedding well into the summer.

Skating fun fact: Nathalie Pechalat also got married on that day!

canbelto

I think Meghan looks a little tired, which is to be expected.

As for the Cambridge children George and Charlotte look so Windsor, and Louis looks very Middleton. I don't see any Spencer in any of the kids. Charlotte looks sort of like Queen Elizabeth.

PDilemma

Why in the hell would you share this filth? Do you think or want anyone here to believe it? When we click on websites like these we are just supporting crap. These ppl get paid from ad companies for # of clicks.

Quora is a Q & A site. Only employees get paid to write there and something tells me that nutcase is not a Quora employee. We're not doing anything for her. As for sharing it, I think some of us are interested in a purely watching a train wreck sort of way. I am interested in how they respond when their theories continually fall apart. Meghan is clearly carrying baby weight for example, so the ones still insisting she was never pregnant are trying to dance around that today and it's not going well for them. There was also a "she's under house arrest and about to be thrown out of the UK" thing out there and so, obviously, she wouldn't be seen at Trooping today. And there she was. So now they'll have to find a new theory.

@canbelto I've seen a number of comments around the web trying to link Meghan to all kinds of stuff. I strongly suspect that those who start bringing in political things are the ones motivated by racism.

The Cambridges looked fantastic today. Louis is a character and Camilla & Charles are obviously good grandparents who spend time with the children or he wouldn't have interacted with them as he did. I could have lived without Sophie's hat. Camilla looked great and so did Bea. And if I read that Meghan looked "radiant" and "stunning" one more time, I may vomit. She looked fine. But no one looks radiant in navy. She looked tired and the outfit was a little more boring than boring. It's spring Meghan. Dress for spring. I feel like she or her terrible stylist needs a color chart for the seasons or something.

canbelto

Quora is a Q & A site. Only employees get paid to write there and something tells me that nutcase is not a Quora employee. We're not doing anything for her. As for sharing it, I think some of us are interested in a purely watching a train wreck sort of way. I am interested in how they respond when their theories continually fall apart. Meghan is clearly carrying baby weight for example, so the ones still insisting she was never pregnant are trying to dance around that today and it's not going well for them. There was also a "she's under house arrest and about to be thrown out of the UK" thing out there and so, obviously, she wouldn't be seen at Trooping today. And there she was. So now they'll have to find a new theory.

@canbelto I've seen a number of comments around the web trying to link Meghan to all kinds of stuff. I strongly suspect that those who start bringing in political things are the ones motivated by racism.

The Cambridges looked fantastic today. Louis is a character and Camilla & Charles are obviously good grandparents who spend time with the children or he wouldn't have interacted with them as he did. I could have lived without Sophie's hat. Camilla looked great and so did Bea. And if I read that Meghan looked "radiant" and "stunning" one more time, I may vomit. She looked fine. But no one looks radiant in navy. She looked tired and the outfit was a little more boring than boring. It's spring Meghan. Dress for spring. I feel like she or her terrible stylist needs a color chart for the seasons or something.

Well dark colors might hide a post-baby bump that in older women like Meghan is harder to get rid of quickly. I am not saying Meghan has anything to be ashamed of, just that a loose navy blue dress might be the sort of thing someone who just had a baby might be more comfortable in. As for Meghan's color palette she is clearly one of those women who lives for black, navy blue, and cream.

Quora is a Q&A site and I contribute quite a bit. These nutty conspiracy theories are just funny to me. For instance, @PDilemma is right -- the conspiracy theorists could explain Meghan's pregnancy bump with a pillow, but are having a harder time explaining away the fact that Meghan is fuller figured all over post-pregnancy.

mag

:rolleyes: Seriously? :drama:

Right, as usual, everything negative under the sun we can lay at Meghan's feet. You aren't making any sense at all with such a comment. Such ridiculousness is the furthest thing from either Kate's or Meghan's minds, believe me! Not to mention that neither Harry nor Meghan had exclusive say over which day they would be scheduled to be married. :duh: SMH on a rotisserie!

First I did not lay “everything under the sun” at Meghan’s feet. Obviously Meghan did not choose the date on her own. Having expressed a wish to be married in the spring, it was most likely chosen because it fit the best with the Queen and Prince Charles’ schedules which are generally set a year in advance. There were obviously not a lot of options because Eugénie had to go with a fall date even though it seems to be well reported she would have liked an earlier date. Clearly, whoever did decide on the date was not thinking about how hard it would be on William and Kate, and Kate specifically. Not that I am the least bit surprised. Thinking about women who are having babies is not a common thing in this world. I certainly don’t think Kate is thinking about it at all. She does not appear to the kind to hold a grudge or worry about the past. My comment was simply now that Meghan knows what it is like to go through giving birth and have a newborn, she may have reflected back and be grateful she has such a supportive sister-in-law. By suggesting she would never think back on such a thing you are painting Meghan in a negative light. I suspect it went through her mind as she was choosing her outfit and figuring out a feeding schedule for Archie which would fit with the carriage ride and the balcony appearance.

Contrary to what you may think, posters here are not out to get Meghan.

MsZem

I see the sea
As for the Cambridge children George and Charlotte look so Windsor, and Louis looks very Middleton. I don't see any Spencer in any of the kids. Charlotte looks sort of like Queen Elizabeth.
George has some Michael Middleton in him, and Charlotte looks to me like a mix of Windsor and Carole Middleton.

Harry resembles both the Duke of Edinburgh and his Spencer aunts, so maybe Archie will have some Spencer in him :)

MsZem

I see the sea
Re Meghan, it's not so much the color as it is the combination of color and shape, I think. A different neckline, a lighter fabric, or a bit of a print would have done the trick. And a better hat.

Lady Louise was also in a dark blue, and while Meghan certainly shouldn't be dressing like a 15 year old, that was a darker dress that looked right for the occasion.

mag

Re Meghan, it's not so much the color as it is the combination of color and shape, I think. A different neckline, a lighter fabric, or a bit of a print would have done the trick. And a better hat.

You are probably right, but again, she gave birth a month ago, the fact that she showed up and looked presentable is enough for me.

Generally speaking, it is interesting to me how she has relied so heavily on black, navy, and cream. It may just be caution. Still feeling a bit unsure of the waters so to speak. It will be fun to see how her style grows of the next few years.

canbelto

You are probably right, but again, she gave birth a month ago, the fact that she showed up and looked presentable is enough for me.

Generally speaking, it is interesting to me how she has relied so heavily on black, navy, and cream. It may just be caution. Still feeling a bit unsure of the waters so to speak. It will be fun to see how her style grows of the next few years.

I've known many women who spent their lives buying identical looking black or navy blue dresses. It really seems to be a thing some women prefer -- to wear black, navy blue, cream, and other neutrals. It's sort of like Kate and her beige pumps -- she must have 10 or 20 similar looking beige pumps.

MsZem

I see the sea
Meghan's dress without the wrap - a bit hard to see, but more summery. Though still not my cup of tea. Maybe next year :)

I liked the dress for the photocall with Archie much better on her, though that is really not a Trooping the Colour type look.

mag

I've known many women who spent their lives buying identical looking black or navy blue dresses. It really seems to be a thing some women prefer -- to wear black, navy blue, cream, and other neutrals. It's sort of like Kate and her beige pumps -- she must have 10 or 20 similar looking beige pumps.

Ah, but Kate has actually started branching out a bit with her footwear. There is hope for Meghan yet!

aftershocks

Banned Member
No, it's not. Harry and Meghan became engaged when Kate was already pregnant with Louis.

^^ Why are you even responding to the equal outlandishness then? ;) And you're responding seriously. :watch: Come on! Kate loves children, and she may even have a fourth child. They both decided it was the right time, or they'd planned the timing all along, or Kate convinced William it was time, or whatever. It's not a big deal how it came about. That was my point. And it certainly doesn't matter when H&M got engaged in relation to when Kate got pregnant. :lol:

In any case, Harry and Meghan were already over a year into the full swing of their seriously romantic courtship. The Vanity Fair cover story on Meghan appeared on news stands the same week that Kate's third pregnancy was announced. The VF interview with Meghan took place in June 2017, and the early September publication was timed to introduce Meghan to the British public before the Toronto Invictus Games and the November engagement announcement. The VF article also served to give some promo publicity to Suits since Meghan had been unable to do any promotion for the series after she began dating Harry, because of the media's OTT intrusive questioning about their relationship. Unfortunately, the cover story paid more attention to whom Meghan was dating, rather than focusing on Suits and on Meghan herself.

And I imagine that having been pregnant and given birth herself, Meghan now has a better appreciation of how challenging it must have been for Kate and Zara to attend the wedding so near to giving birth...

What in the world are you talking about? Neither Kate nor Zara had to attend H&M's royal wedding if they didn't want to. Obviously, they did want to attend, and it wasn't a problem. Zara was heavily pregnant, but she clearly wished to be there for her cousin, Harry and his bride. It was not a big deal for Kate to show up either, especially with her children and husband being in the wedding party, despite the fact it was later reported that Kate had experienced some mild postpartum depression.

Now I see where @mag is getting her drift below. :rolleyes: And, you are saying this in such a negative tone, as if somehow Meghan is at fault for getting married when people are pregnant or have just given birth! I've got news for you, no bride is going to get into fits about who can or can not come to their wedding because they are pregnant. ;) If it's a close relative, obviously some consideration might be given to due dates, but scheduling logistics for venues across the board are what they are, and life goes on. Among the royals, they always are scheduling and planning a year to two years ahead, and then having to fit in unexpected events as they arise. Plus, they have a staff who do most of the worrying about logistics and scheduling.

Seriously, your highlighted comment exposes some form of apparent unaware bias IMHO. I always check my motivations, and I'm as honest as possible, and I try to be fair in my observations, because let's face it, none of us are perfect. But it's a shame beyond reasoning if you guys can't see how you are twisting this way and that and bending to the negative and tending toward leaning into condescension whenever you speak of Meghan. There's no reason for any of this train of thought, and that was my original point in the first place. But no, you decided to take a serious, defensive stance because I brought up the ridiculous but apt analogy.

Clearly, whoever did decide on the date was not thinking about how hard it would be on William and Kate, and Kate specifically.

What??? You have got to be kidding! Your comment is all kinds of WTF, and apparently you don't even realize it. :wall:

aftershocks

Banned Member
She does not appear to the kind to hold a grudge or worry about the past. My comment was simply now that Meghan knows what it is like to go through giving birth and have a newborn, she may have reflected back and be grateful she has such a supportive sister-in-law. By suggesting she would never think back on such a thing you are painting Meghan in a negative light. I suspect it went through her mind as she was choosing her outfit...

:rofl: What the ever-living heck are you talking about? :duh: But go ahead, and continue explaining away your confounding nonsensical train of thought. :lol: SMH on a rotisserie

Meghan has nothing whatsoever to look back on in any kind of worrisome light regarding her wedding. You are in some other universe entirely with your negative nancy explicating what's in your own head. I would be rich if I got the returns on betting that what Meghan and Kate think about their relationship is not in the ballpark of what you seem to be thinking. :drama:

As far as Meghan nursing, so did Kate and she wore a light pale yellow outfit to Meghan's wedding. And I didn't see anyone talking about worries of 'milk leakage' in regard to Kate's sartorial choices post her pregnancies. :p It certainly is not my first thought that Meghan chose navy because she's nursing. There are ways to deal with that which have nothing to do with color selection for Trooping the Colour. :lol: Staining can show up just as easily on dark clothing in any case. ;)

Commenting here is fine as far as it goes, in general. There tends to be fairness here for the most part. But a few people here are often beside themselves in their commenting whenever Meghan is the topic of conversation. In other Internet venues there are defensive OTT ubers on one side, and sanctimonious OTT ubers on another side, as well as neutral, reasonable common sense observers. And then there are those ubiquitous OTT haters of all stripes, but especially against Meghan in many strange quarters. It is rather fascinating seeing what people have to say all over the place, especially non-self aware folk. :p A real study in human behavior, cultural impacts, and social-psychological-historical interactions, themes, and memes. Yep, academic papers could be written. :COP: :watch:

Well dark colors might hide a post-baby bump that in older women like Meghan is harder to get rid of quickly. I am not saying Meghan has anything to be ashamed of...

Uh huh, right. Yeah, sure. :p :lol: :violin:

And if I read that Meghan looked "radiant" and "stunning" one more time, I may vomit. She looked fine. But no one looks radiant in navy. She looked tired and the outfit was a little more boring than boring. It's spring Meghan.

:watch: :p Okay. Uh huh.

To me, Meghan looks happy and content. And she looks like a healthy mother who is just a month past giving birth to her first child at the age of 37. Yes, she looked fine. Navy is her usual go-to color. Not my favorite on her for a summer day. But when she removed the cape overcoat, there was the white on the sleeves, which was nice for summer.

Again, no matter what Meghan would have chosen to wear, there would be comments from all quarters. And different comments will always be the case regarding sartorial matters. We all have differing sartorial opinions and preferences, but the negative slant of the commenting on Meghan by a few folk here, as usual, is always interesting.

MsZem

I see the sea
Since one can never go wrong with royals in uniform, here's a break from Trooping the Colour in the form of Crown Prince Haakon inspecting the Royal Guard at Akershus Fortress yesterday.

I'm pretty sure that I visited Akershus Fortress a few years back, but sadly Haakon was not there at the time.

PDilemma

Well dark colors might hide a post-baby bump that in older women like Meghan is harder to get rid of quickly. I am not saying Meghan has anything to be ashamed of, just that a loose navy blue dress might be the sort of thing someone who just had a baby might be more comfortable in. As for Meghan's color palette she is clearly one of those women who lives for black, navy blue, and cream.

Quora is a Q&A site and I contribute quite a bit. These nutty conspiracy theories are just funny to me. For instance, @PDilemma is right -- the conspiracy theorists could explain Meghan's pregnancy bump with a pillow, but are having a harder time explaining away the fact that Meghan is fuller figured all over post-pregnancy.

I'd buy that the navy was because of being post-partum had she not turned up in WHITE with a belt to emphasize her tummy two days after the baby was born. Obviously, she didn't care then.

A brighter blue would have been nice and still more covering or a navy with a print or some color on it otherwise.

I just don't like Meghan's style. And I know that's unpopular. But it's always (post-partum or not) baggy and untailored, out of season and not quite appropriate to the event. That's not an aesthetic, it's just lacking style.

mag

You are absolutely correct @aftershocks. Meghan is an insensitive twat who would never once think about anyone but herself. It would never occur to her, now that she has her own child, how lovely it was for Kate to put in the effort she did to help make Meghan’s wedding so special.

I happen to think Meghan is a kind and sensitive person who cares about others and appreciates when people go out of their way for her. But to each his own.

ETA spelling

aftershocks

Banned Member
@aftershocks, no offense but you're going on my ignore list. I come to this thread for lighthearted fashion royal chat and maybe a bit of gossip. Your PhD dissertations are just boring now.

^^ Oh, goodie! :p Making such an announcement is always curious. Those who don't have to announce it, usually enact the ignore feature for reasons other than being offended by the harsh truth. But bored, okay, sure. ;)

... posters here are not out to get Meghan.

Uh huh. Most likely, what other people think about Meghan is the furthest thing from her mind always. As an observer, I truly find some of these comments interesting. Not all critical comments are condescending of course. It depends on the context. I have critical things to say as well (especially sartorially), but I don't bother usually, because the negative critiques of Meghan are generally so plentiful across the board.

There is hope for Meghan yet!

Alas, not as much hope for non-self aware folk. But life goes on, until it doesn't for all of us. And for some life is more glorious and fulfilling too, no matter if it's in the public sphere or not for any of us. :)

aftershocks

Banned Member
Whew, and now for the sartorial comments I actually came here to make!

She may have not wanted to call attention to herself before all of the pregnancy weight disappears.

:D Perhaps, but no matter when she appears in public, Meghan is going to be receiving attention. Meghan looks lovely and understated in her go-to navy. I like the styling of her outfit. It's by Claire Waight Keller for Givenchy. She and Meghan have a close bond. I haven't actually been in love with every CWK Givenchy creation for Meghan. But the styling of this outfit is nice. And I loved the black off-the-shoulder Givenchy dress Meghan wore to the British Fashion Awards last year. Her royal wedding dress is classic and stylish, and it will stand the test of time, despite it not necessarily having a wow factor. The veil and the tiara were the wow factor, and the dress suited Meghan's aesthetic. Although, it was Stella McCartney's wedding reception dress that is Meghan's true, non-traditional wedding style vibe.

Standing on the BP balcony, Meghan had removed the cape-like coat to reveal white detail on the shoulders of the dress underneath her coat. The hat is smartly styled and okay with what she's wearing. It's not my favorite hat look for her, but it's practical and on-point. I like the way Meghan's hair is styled. She still has a bit of chubbiness in her face, but not as much as two days after giving birth. :) I think this extra weight in her face actually looks good on Meghan. She is surely more interested in being and in feeling healthy than anything else. She doesn't strike me as vain, just practical, feminine, positive and loving every moment of her life (both before and after Harry).

I think that's the key a lot of people miss about Meghan. From my readings and observations, she seems to be a glass half-full, no-nonsense person, grateful for her blessings. And she's someone who apparently has always loved life and thrown herself into going after her dreams, full speed ahead, with gratitude and giving back to others always on her radar.

Kate looked quite lovely three weeks after giving birth to Prince Louis last year. In recent months, Kate has seemed to me to be overly thin, but maybe that's her normal build. I think she could stand to put on a few more pounds. To me, Kate looked absolutely gorgeous and in her element throughout her pregnancy with Louis. Today, I thought Kate looked very nice in one of her lovely, go-to summer shades. And I really like her hat as well. Kate is as always a proud mother too. Camilla also looked nice. I haven't gotten a good look at the other royal ladies' outfits yet.

One of the most striking things for me in general (and as usual) is the way Harry looks at Meghan with such adoration. She has been seen looking at him the same way. In any case, it's so cool to see how much in love they continue to be. The way Harry praised his wife and all women when he joyfully announced Archie's birth, will always be memorable and iconic.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
aftershocks said:
What??? You have got to be kidding! Your comment is all kinds of WTF, and apparently you don't even realize it.

Pot
Kettle
Black

@aftershocks, no offense but you're going on my ignore list. I come to this thread for lighthearted fashion royal chat and maybe a bit of gossip. Your PhD dissertations are just boring now.

I come here for lighthearted fashion royal chat too. Bringing malicious fairytales about the royal family is not lighthearted. It just spread meanness.

mag

full speed ahead, with gratitude and giving back to others always on her radar.

So you agree that she might think back and be grateful for people who went out of their way for her? I agree, she probably would.

Kate looked quite lovely three weeks after giving birth to Prince Louis last year. In recent months, Kate has seemed to me to be overly thin, but maybe that's her normal build.

I think it is Kate’s build. Her face looks lovely and not gaunt so I don’t think she is trying to be too thin. Very much like her mom. She is long waisted which lends itself to that long lean look. Interestingly Meghan and Kate are actually almost exactly opposite builds. Kate has a long waist and shorter legs (obviously at 5’9” her legs are not short, just proportionally) where Meghan has long legs and a shorter waist. The advantage with that is we will be able to see a wide variety of fashions. Really a win win for fans!

Last edited:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I loved Kate's whole look - the dress, the hat, the shoes. I didn't like Meghan's hat, Lady Louise did navy better, but I liked Meghan's dress, especially when she took the coat off.

I just noticed on the balcony video that Prince Andrew was front & center & was blocking Princess Anne from standing next to her mother or being on the front row. He looked like he was stuffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information