Royalty Thread #13: Zooming in on our favorite royals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsZem

I see the sea
Her hair has been brown in all the pictures up to now. I know a lot of people who were blond at birth who became brown later but don't know anyone who had brown hair for 5 years & is now naturally blond.
Sometimes Charlotte's hair looks 100% brown, sometimes it doesn't - it's probably the light and whether her hair is pulled back or not.

MLIS

The photos in these collages (https://twitter.com/jandai8/status/1388663629457756162?s=21) show everything from dark brown to blonde. Her hair was also lighter in the video they posted for their anniversary. I’m sure it has to do with indoor/outdoor, lighting, time of year (and amount of time spent outside), and genetics. She looks more and more like William, who was blond as a child. More importantly, she looks healthy, happy, well-loved, confident, and full of life. What a cutie!

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Her hair has been brown in all the pictures up to now. I know a lot of people who were blond at birth who became brown later but don't know anyone who had brown hair for 5 years & is now naturally blond. But surely they aren't putting streaks in her hair at this age. Maybe it's just me who finds this strange.
My hair used to look like that after I'd been out in the sun a lot.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
My hair used to look like that after I'd been out in the sun a lot.
I've known brown-haired people who got blond streaks in the sun. Unfortunately I wasn't one of them so that didn't occur to me. I'm sure that's it.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I've known brown-haired people who got blond streaks in the sun. Unfortunately I wasn't one of them so that didn't occur to me. I'm sure that's it.
Mine did as a kid. I suppose it probably still would as an adult if I spent lots of time out in the sun, which I don't. I had one summer, between my sophomore and junior years of college that I worked at Chinese deli at a local grocery store about 6-8 blocks from our home in California's Central Valley. My schedule was such that I walked to work in the late morning/walked home in the late afternoon, or walked to work in the late afternoon/picked up by my parents @9pm. By the end of the summer my normally mousy brown hair was light to the point where I was being mistaken by customers as a blonde.

Charlotte seems to have the same type of hair color as I did - looks brown in some pictures, blonder in others, etc. She is one adorable, lively little girl!

Jenny

From the Bloc
Princess Charlotte's birthday picture is up: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56957564.amp
She looks more and more like William, who was blond as a child. More importantly, she looks healthy, happy, well-loved, confident, and full of life. What a cutie!

This was my first thought too - she looks a lot like William now.

(My brown hair gets lighter in the sun too - my colourist has commented that a lot of her clients pay her a lot of money to get the fade I get naturally.)

MLIS

I understand she prefers Catherine, and that’s what William and her family call her. I have heard him say Kate, but it’s usually Catherine.

Catherine M

As a fellow Catherine, I love it when Catherine is called that, not Kate. Plus one of my favorite Queen Consorts of the past is Catherine of Braganza, King Charles II's wife. And since William is a direct descendant of Charles II, I find that ironic his wife is named Catherine and I'm looking forward to the next Queen Consort named Catherine.

cygnus

As a fellow Catherine, I love it when Catherine is called that, not Kate. Plus one of my favorite Queen Consorts of the past is Catherine of Braganza, King Charles II's wife. And since William is a direct descendant of Charles II, I find that ironic his wife is named Catherine and I'm looking forward to the next Queen Consort named Catherine.

He may descend from Charles ll, but not from his wife Catherine of Braganza (for whom I also have a soft spot)- rather from several of Charles' illegitimate children, who formed the nucleus of the post civil war aristocracy.

As for obscure consorts- I rather like Queen Adelaide (wife of William lV) who comes across as a lovely and caring woman.

MsZem

I see the sea
This is peak :eek: :yikes:and not even a little bit surprising.

More wholesome royal news:

Vagabond

Do deposed royal families count? :unsure:

And so began the latest chapter in an ongoing dynastic dispute between the pretenders to Italy’s pretend throne. There are bitter feelings, thrown punches, warring noble committees, dukedom politics and as of last month, Vittoria’s ascending social media status.

What there is not is an actual crown to fight over....
:watch:

barbk

This is peak :eek: :yikes:and not even a little bit surprising.
I'm kind of unclear on why HRH Prince Michael gets to do business (well, legit business, maybe not this kind of funny business) and keep using the HRH and military appointments...but that wasn't ok for Harry?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I'm kind of unclear on why HRH Prince Michael gets to do business (well, legit business, maybe not this kind of funny business) and keep using the HRH and military appointments...but that wasn't ok for Harry?
He doesn't have any military appointments as far as I'm aware. And he is not a working royal - consider him to be the same level as HRHs Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie. Each of them might do a one-off here and there representing the Queen and appear in the Court Circular for that.

So, Harry losing any honorary military appointments since he is no longer a working royal is in keeping with the way other non-working royals have been treated. And he and Meghan still have their HRHs, they have just been told they can't use them on their commercial projects. I'm not sure whether or not Prince or Princess Michael have used their HRH on any of their commercial activities (she has written quite a few books which have been well-received).

Vagabond

Harry doesn't get to use the title because his grandmother said he doesn't get to use it, and she has the say because she is the :glamor: .

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
He doesn't have any military appointments as far as I'm aware. And he is not a working royal - consider him to be the same level as HRHs Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie. Each of them might do a one-off here and there representing the Queen and appear in the Court Circular for that.

So, Harry losing any honorary military appointments since he is no longer a working royal is in keeping with the way other non-working royals have been treated. And he and Meghan still have their HRHs, they have just been told they can't use them on their commercial projects. I'm not sure whether or not Prince or Princess Michael have used their HRH on any of their commercial activities (she has written quite a few books which have been well-received).
I believe H/M had an issue with using their titles on the foundation website

barbk

FWIW, Wikipedia shows Prince Michael as having a number of honorary military appointments. Maybe those are different somehow? He's been pictured in uniforms fairly frequently.

United Kingdom Honorary Commodore, Royal Naval Reserve (1 April 1994 – 2004)[48]
United Kingdom Honorary Rear Admiral, Royal Naval Reserve (2004–2015)[49]
United Kingdom Honorary Vice Admiral, Royal Naval Reserve (9 March 2015 – present)[50]
United Kingdom Honorary Auxiliary Commodore, Royal Naval Auxiliary Service (1990)[51]
United Kingdom Commodore-in-Chief, Maritime Reserves (2006–present)
United Kingdom Honorary Colonel, British Army (10 November 2010 – present)
United Kingdom Senior Colonel, The King's Royal Hussars[52]
United Kingdom Regimental Colonel, Honourable Artillery Company (2009–2012)[10]
United Kingdom Royal Honorary Colonel, Honourable Artillery Company (31 January 2012 – present).[10] (member since 1981)
United Kingdom Honorary Air Commodore of RAF Benson (27 June 2002 – 2012)[53]
United Kingdom Honorary Air Marshal of RAF Benson (1 March 2012 – present)[54][55]

The Wayback Machine features his private webpage as HRH Prince Michael of Kent with a subsidiary page of the website describing his business interests:

I'm just not really seeing the difference.

skategal

Bunny mama
Princess Beatrice and Eduardo are expecting a baby in the Fall. Congrats to the happy couple!

attyfan

Another article:

Mazel tov!!!!!!!!!! (BTW ... so far, it looks like HMQ will get four great-grandchildren this year ... is that a record?)

ballettmaus

Another article:

Mazel tov!!!!!!!!!! (BTW ... so far, it looks like HMQ will get four great-grandchildren this year ... is that a record?)
Who is the fourth? Eugenie, Beatrice, Meghan and?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information