Royalty Thread #13: Zooming in on our favorite royals

Status
Not open for further replies.

quartz

scratching at the light
I remain a huge fan of that dress. It was so timeless - you can literally imagine a portrait of her hanging in Windsor Castle alongside her predecessors centuries from now.
Love it too, the only thing I would tweak is to make the neckline a little more rounded rather than the severe V, just a touch.

Parsley Sage

When I saw the dress, I knew it would age well and it has. I would love it if Sarah Burton wrote a book about the making of the dress.

MsZem

I see the sea
Okay, let me try again. I did not feel the need to comment on Pippa’s bum (as interesting as it may be to some) while I was watching her sisters wedding. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I really liked Pippa's dress back in 2011, and suspect it was closer to what Kate would have chosen had she not been a royal bride. But the wedding dress is timeless, while Pippa's was more of its time.

The kids in the bridal party are so grown up now!

quartz

scratching at the light
Didn’t @SHARPIE have a tiara as well? I wished I had a tiara, but my dress and wedding was a little too informal for that.

quartz

scratching at the light
The Ancestral Cabbage-Tending Tiara needs more fleshing out as a story here, please.

cygnus

The Ancestral Cabbage-Tending Tiara needs more fleshing out as a story here, please.
Ummm. My Dad's comment when we got spam mailings offering to sell us our "family coat of arms" was "In our family we were lucky to have a coat". No tiara has ever been found- but great grandma was quite a lady (she died in 1923). She had my grandfather out of wedlock in a rural very Catholic and conservative Slovak village when she was a sweet young thing of 45.

puglover

One thing they warn you about in doing much family history or even DNA tests is that all might not be as you were led to believe. I am very close to a first cousin who has done a ton of genealogy on our shared line and we were both somewhat relieved to see we do actually share a high number of SNPs. There seems to have been a fair amount of shenanigans going on in the NE of England a few generations ago and those details did not make it into the family stories. Now the science is indisputable.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
My daughter wanted a tiara for her wedding- I told her she could have one when we found our ancestral family tiara that her great-grandmother Julka used to wear while tending the cabbages.
My cousin gave me a Tiara. $8.95 at Walmart. I wear it when I want to feel more important or boost my self-esteem.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Two of my favorite co-workers from years ago were prepping for each of their weddings at the same time. One married his fiancee at St. Patrick's Cathedral, and they had their reception at one of the grand, five-star hotels. The other bought a $50 long dress at a thrift shop and a $25 rhinestone tiara, got married at City Hall, and then had a small lunch at her and her fiance's favorite Chinese restaurant. (Both were completely satisfied at their choices.) She even wore it to work the first day she came back :glamor:.

Tiaras can be for everyone :)

Last edited:

cygnus

I actually have a tiara- with fake amethysts. Very purple and pretty. About a year ago, when we went into lockdown, I participated in a tiara exchange (like secret Santa, but with tiaras), and we all got a tiara in the mail over a couple of weeks. Great fun, and a real pick-me-up at the time. I can still wear it on tiara Tuesdays (every Tuesday is tiara Tuesday!)

jadingirl

I bought a custom made tiara for my wedding day because why not! And I tried to convince my sister and cousin to borrow it when they got married and they poopooed it - I guess they thought it was too much but how many days do you really have an excuse to be out in public with a tiara!!

I told the store owner I was going to wear it when I vaccum the house and I do sometimes.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Beautiful little girl. Love her hair. I can't believe how quickly the royal kids are growing up.
Her hair has been brown in all the pictures up to now. I know a lot of people who were blond at birth who became brown later but don't know anyone who had brown hair for 5 years & is now naturally blond. But surely they aren't putting streaks in her hair at this age. Maybe it's just me who finds this strange.

JJH

What an appealing casual photo!. I never noticed before that Charlotte has her father's eyes.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Her hair has been brown in all the pictures up to now. I know a lot of people who were blond at birth who became brown later but don't know anyone who had brown hair for 5 years & is now naturally blond. But surely they aren't putting streaks in her hair at this age. Maybe it's just me who finds this strange.
Trick of the light, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information