Royalty Thread #13: Zooming in on our favorite royals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsZem

I see the sea
I know it's a sad occasion, but they all dressed so beautifully, the men and the women. Kate's choice of jewels and her dress, Camilla always in a nice hat.

It occurs to me, I might have this wrong, but I think Prince Edward now becomes the Duke of Edinburgh?
I thought the same thing, but no. The title has passed on to Charles, as he is his father's heir. I believe that once Charles is king, he will bestow that particular title on Edward.

attyfan

When Charles becomes king, the title "Duke of Edinburgh" will be merged with the crown, and at that time, Charles can re-create the title for his brother Edward.

centerstage01

I really like Kate but the Saint Kate narrative lately is really getting old. So if William & Harry talk to each other that Kate's peacemaking? Sheesh!
Agreed. I like Kate a lot, too, but this is laying on a bit thick. What's irritating me are the "William and Harry pointedly ignore each other while walking behind Phillip's casket!!!11!!1!1!" statements by tabloids. Um, no one was talking then, dipsh*ts. Did they think W&H were going to start sniping at each other during the minute of silence?? It's their grandfather's funeral, FFS!

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
I was surprised when I read about the Duke of Edinburgh title last night as well. I had also assumed it would go to Edward immediately. From what I read, it's some sort of agreement from 1999, whereby Edward would get it once Charles becomes king. I would assume that's why a lot of the work that Prince Philip has done had passed on to Edward already.

And nuts! I watched about half of the Royal TV show on YouTube last night, but between then and now, it's been pulled off Youtube for copyright issues.

Last edited:

ballettmaus

I really like Kate but the Saint Kate narrative lately is really getting old. So if William & Harry talk to each other that Kate's peacemaking? Sheesh!
I haven't seen anything in that regard but I don't think it's the tabloids trying to establish Kate the Saint narrative, it's just that they think it makes for a more interesting story and isn't it often that the woman is regarded as the peacemaker anyway?

MsZem

I see the sea

JJH

I don't find that Prince Alexander bears that striking a resemblance to he mother. He's really cute. She's beautiful. Their eyes are completely different.

MsZem

I see the sea
I don't find that Prince Alexander bears that striking a resemblance to he mother. He's really cute. She's beautiful. Their eyes are completely different.
When they were younger, I thought Alexander was a little CP and Gabriel favored Sofia - though not so much anymore.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Facebook memories tell me that 10years ago today that i was making crustless coronation chicken sandwiches etc and watching the wedding with some girlfriends. Good times! Happy Anniversary to Kate and William.

skategal

Bunny mama
Happy Anniversary Will & Kate!!

I’ll never forget their anniversary.

This is the night (April 29th) that we left to fly to Thailand to adopt our son.

We had a 1 day and overnight layover in London (April 30) and the city was still abuzz because of the wedding.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I'll never forget it either. I took the day off work so I wouldn't miss a thing, and once my husband saw the extent of my menu planning, he decided to stay home too. By 4 in the morning we were into our first round of scones and mini sammies, and by the time they kissed on the balcony we had polished off a bottle of champagne!

It's also our anniversary this weekend, so while we will not be partying before dawn this year, there will be scones and sammies at some point (plus it's Derby weekend y'all) and a toast or two to happy couples everywhere.

LOVE the new portraits!

MsZem

I see the sea
My fb memories too, mentioned watching the wedding, and hoping that Kate’s dress would herald a return to sleeves on wedding dresses.
I figured if her dress couldn't accomplish that, nothing would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information