Royalty Thread #13: Zooming in on our favorite royals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsZem

I see the sea
My knowledge re the BRF includes what is made public, not whether they are hypocrites or not. That said, I'm not a fan of applying the least charitable explanation to people's actions. It can certainly be applied to Princess Michael of Kent wearing that brooch, though; the most charitable explanation there was that she was ridiculously insensitive.

In other royal news:

Princess Sofia is very pregnant:

Princess Victoria has a very energetic dog:

Queen Maxima acting like a normal person. Who among us wouldn't want to do their Zoom calls in that room?

ballettmaus

Princess Sofia is very pregnant:
I'm glad that she seems to have recovered well from YKW.

That her due date is March or April amuses me. So far, there are only 2 out of 7 of the King's grandchildren who aren't born in February, March or April. With so much winter and darkness, I'd expect there'd be a number of fall/early winter babies rather than late winter and early spring. ;)

MsZem

I see the sea
That her due date is March or April amuses me. So far, there are only 2 out of 7 of the King's grandchildren who aren't born in February, March or April. With so much winter and darkness, I'd expect there'd be a number of fall/early winter babies rather than late winter and early spring. ;)
Lots of free time in the summer, though, and everyone on holiday and in a cheery mood :)

MsZem

I see the sea
Um, what? Why is this necessary?

It's certainly not necessary here given that there is a Harry and Meghan thread.

MsZem

I see the sea
Awwwwww:
Though I suspect some image rehabilitation is going on here, they had some public missteps related to the CV restrictions.

The Princess of Asturias will be going to school in Wales:

Eugenie's baby remains unnamed. Either she is trolling us all, or QE hasn't met him yet. Probably the latter.

attyfan

The Princess of Asturias will be going to school in Wales:
The school seems to be popular with royals:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Eugenie's baby remains unnamed. Either she is trolling us all, or QE hasn't met him yet. Probably the latter.
I am not familiar with that tradition. So does the baby really not have a name or is it more that it hasn't been announced?

MLIS

I expect the baby has a name. The British royals typically announce the name a few days after the baby is born, but it is apparently tradition that the Queen meets the baby and is told the name in person before it is announced publicly. Harder to do in These Times, although Eugenie and Jack are living at Windsor so perhaps they can do an outdoors meet up.

MLIS

Cute baby alert! Princess Eugenie’s Instagram Eugenie and Jack have named their son August Philip Hawke Brooksbank. Philip is obviously for her grandfather, Prince Philip, and she said in an Instagram story that the other names were for the baby’s “5x great-grandfathers.” Someone on Twitter said Hawke is a Brooksbank family name, and August was one of the middle names of Prince Albert, Queen Victoria’s husband. I don’t think anyone had August in the pool! Although Philip is not surprising.

ballettmaus

attyfan

Another princess at the United World College of the Atlantic in Wales:

If it wasn't for the fact that King Willem-Alexander studied there also, it should change its name to "Princess Academy"

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Another princess at the United World College of the Atlantic in Wales:

If it wasn't for the fact that King Willem-Alexander studied there also, it should change its name to "Princess Academy"
Well, she isn't the heir to the throne, though, unlike W-A, Elisabeth of Belgium and Leonor of Spain.

puglover

I have a great love for the royal family. My mother, who was born in Sunderland in the NE, ten years minus two days before the Queen, had an uncanny resemblance to her. Their hair, complexion, small, curvy figures, way of speech and even the type of purse and the way they carry it are strikingly similar. My mother passed away about 20 years ago now but she loved the Queen and we always listened or watched her message every Christmas morning. One of my most cherished possessions is a plate my mother owned bearing the Queens picture to commemorate her coronation. I know she and Prince Philip will not live forever but they have always been a source of comfort and joy in my life and a connection to my heritage. Ten years ago I had the opportunity to visit England with a friend, who coincidentally is from Sunderland, and offered to host me at her parent's home. It was a marvelous experience and a real connection to my roots. We were even able to find some of the old homes my ancestors lived in and staying at her parent's home was like a walk back in time to my own grandparents home, that I loved as a child, although it was in Canada.

JJH

@puglover My mother was born in 1914 and she, too, bore an uncanny resemblance to the Queen. My mother died in 2011 and the resemblance, particularly in old age, is so complete that their photos are interchangeable. I suppose this might be because their ethnic backgrounds are very similar: English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish and German. Sometimes looking at photos of the Queen is comforting and sometimes it just heightens the sense of loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information