Royalty Thread#12 Tiaras, Palaces & Gilded Cages

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftershocks

Banned Member
So apparently Beatrice has postponed the wedding. The right decision but sad.

Your link is to a tabloid gossip article with no basis in fact. If you read it, you will see that it's full of supposition and innuendo. Beatrice & Edo to date have only cancelled their wedding reception at Buckingham Palace. There's a lot of speculation that they may well have to cancel their May 29th nuptials, or scale back considerably as to who attends the ceremony. But no official announcement has been made in regard to whether or not their wedding ceremony will be postponed.

The only official announcement regarding their plans was previously tweeted by Omid Scobie on March 18, with a screen capture of the BP press release. Below is an article discussing Omid's tweet, however even the title of this article is misleading. It should read: "wedding reception has been canceled," NOT "wedding has been canceled."

The official announcement of the wedding reception cancellation indicates that Beatrice & Edo "are aware of the need to avoid undertaking any unnecessary risks... The couple will carefully consider government advice before deciding whether a private marriage might take place amongst a small group of family and friends."

Since the wedding is planned to take place inside St. James' Chapel, a private, royal family chapel, they may end up still holding the ceremony with a few immediate family members. They can then perhaps plan for a more elaborate ceremony and reception at a later date.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Harry released a video relaying the difficult decision to postpone the Invictus Games in The Hague until 2021:

London's Luminary Bakery, the enterprise that helps struggling women get back on their feet, are selling 'Isolation Cakes,' apparently to eat while bingeing on Netflix videos. ;)

Lorac

So apparently Beatrice has postponed the wedding. The right decision but sad.

Well the article only mentioned the reception but as we have just had new measures introduced here in the UK weddings are currently not allowed for at least 3 weeks. I suspect that may push them to call off the wedding as even if they wanted to basic wedding as per the recent CoE requirements of 5 people only at a wedding it may not be possible by the current date of their wedding.

mag

Well the article only mentioned the reception but as we have just had new measures introduced here in the UK weddings are currently not allowed for at least 3 weeks. I suspect that may push them to call off the wedding as even if they wanted to basic wedding as per the recent CoE requirements of 5 people only at a wedding it may not be possible by the current date of their wedding.

They may, of course, get married quietly. That is what I would do. They are young though and may want to wait until the Queen can attend. I don’t see the Queen mixing with anyone really for quite a while. Shrug, I don’t usually even read articles from that rag but I am looking for any diversion these days.

loopey

Wishing him (and all those that have this v) all the best and a full recovery.

I remember thinking that I hope the Queen and Prince Philip don't get the "V", because of their age, but reading the news this morning, I admit I never thought about Prince Charles, and the fact that it's very dangerous at his age as well (maybe one could say, it's dangerous at all ages).

Lacey

Well, if it was a pic of after he was exposed, I am worried about Charles, his face was pink. However, without quoting, ABC News tonight said something like, oh he's going to be fine...

Vagabond

I was mistaken. Jane Goodall is in England at the moment, not at her home in Tanzania. It's in The New York Times, but the link doesn't seem to work here.

Last edited:

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
I'm pretty sure Prince Charles has rosacea, he is always red in the face.

Yes, the Prince of Wales is indeed always red in the face. When I was young I thought it was sunburn lol! Anyway, I wish HRH a full recovery, and continued good health for HM the Queen and all the members of the Royal family! I wish the same for HSH Prince Albert of Monaco and all other Royals who have recently tested positive for this terrifying virus!

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
You mean she might stay in England? But where? If it's not a happy split, I don't see Autumn hanging around at the palaces. Where did they live anyway? St. James' Palace?

Autumn has family back in Canada. And she also may miss her home country. I read that she was raised Roman Catholic, but apparently she was not a practicing Catholic at the time of her marriage in 2008, which was helpful since the Royal Marriages Act was still in effect at that time, barring a royal marrying someone who practiced the Catholic faith.

Fortunately, the 2013 act which replaced the Royal Marriages Act of 1772, was retroactive as far as Royals marrying Roman Catholics - which is why Prince Michael of Kent is now restored to the line of succession. IMO, it should have been retroactive to all females in the line as well! I'd like to see the same for the peerage! Dukedoms, Earldom, and so on! And while I'm at it, a female eldest child of a monarch should be allowed to be created Princess of Wales and inherit the Duchy of Cornwall! Perhaps in future days.

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
I found these pictures of Diana after giving birth. No heels, obvious loose maternity smock, old fashioned support knee highs commonly worn by mothers whose feet swell during pregnancy. I don;t think royal women dare look this "natural" after giving birth nowadays.

william-harry-lindo-split-gty-ps-190322_hpEmbed_4x3_992.jpg
5eb83146376d03f6209e4d6792f8a531.jpg

Super high, spiked stilleto heels weren't the fashion in the '80s. At least not for tall Diana who I believe was concious of trying not to dwarf her then husband. She wore flats for her wedding too. I think she and Charles were the same height. And she did have someone come in to do her hair and makeup before stepping out in front of the photographers.

aftershocks

Banned Member

I hope Prince Charles fully recovers from what is currently being described as "mild symptoms." Charles had recently met with Prince Albert of Monaco, who has also been diagnosed with the current unmentionable.

The above comes from a story in The Telegraph. I'm sure the family are concerned about Charles and wanting to come together (if only via technology) in order to uplift all of their spirits. Self-isolation right now is important for everyone, and it should have happened sooner for many people, albeit the U.K. government's first take on the crisis was questionable.

Last edited:

mag

@canbelto Such a great video! Louis looks a bit confused by it all while at the same time just happy to join in! Such a simple thing to say thank you by clapping, but it is these little gestures that can make a huge difference. There is an instagram account dognamedstella that I follow. They post lovely photos and videos of two adorable golden labs. I have noticed a number of healthcare workers have commented how much they look forward to the posts. I think it is the same for Kensingtonroyal, providing some heartwarming moments for a world in desperate need of heartwarming moments.

liv

As expected. Happy Hollywood to them.

Lovely to see the little Royals. Louis looks so much like his maternal grandfather... and Kate!

canbelto

Meghan is also narrating a film about Elephants that will be streaming on Disney Plus:

mag

Meghan is also narrating a film about Elephants that will be streaming on Disney Plus:

I think that is the one she did a while ago where she donated her pay to charity. There is press on it now because it will be streaming in Disney soon.

I would not be surprised if she did more of this kind of work. I think it would be a great fit for her.

canbelto

I think Meghan might want to be close to Doria. Also, easier for her to line up work in film and acting if it's the sort of thing she wants to return to.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So I was saying they might want to go back to the UK and help out at this crazy time and people countered that they were fixed in Canada and it would be to hard to bring Archie. So instead they completely move to LA. In my book, they could have managed a 3-6 month trip to the UK if they could move their entire household to another country. If I were a UK citizen I would feel abandoned by them. Not to mention, what happens if Harry's father gets worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information