Royalty Thread#12 Tiaras, Palaces & Gilded Cages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorac

@puglover could you edit your message and change the quotes as it looks as if I have mentioned Meghan and Harry and I haven't. Thanks.

And I agree it is a timely message as we have several more weeks of this potential isolation. ahead of us.

aftershocks

Banned Member
SMH. Trump needs to go back to f'ng up the job he's incompetent of handling, instead of tweeting anything about the Sussexes, who haven't asked the U.S. government for anything and aren't likely to either. :rolleyes: M&H and Harry's father most likely will be covering their security needs going forward. It's none of Trump's business. But he never fails to tweet nonsense.

And Trumpster thinking that he's "a great friend... of the Queen..." :rofl:

It remains mind-boggling why anyone continues to take the crap spewed by the Daily Mail seriously. :drama: Hello, Meghan McCain! ... Thank you, Mia Farrow!

ETA:
To clear up another falsehood floated about the Sussexes, reporter Omid Scobie mentioned on a recent episode of his podcast that Meghan had met the filmmakers associated with Disney's upcoming Elephant film in 2016, when she and Harry were in Africa together for the first time. Harry was working on a project in Africa with the Elephants Without Borders charity and Meghan was assisting. The filmmakers befriended Meghan at that time, and more recently they had approached her about doing voiceover work for the Elephant film that was in production.

When Harry spoke to Disney chief Bob Iger during the Lion King premiere last summer, apparently he casually discussed the voiceover project that Meghan was already working on or slated to begin working on at that point. There's speculation that the clip was either misinterpreted or doctored in some way in order to give the impression that Harry was asking Iger to give Meghan voiceover work. He was not. Still, even if that had actually been the case, so what!

Apparently, captioning of the clip is purposely false. It's impossible to clearly distinguish either the context or exactly what's being said.

Last edited:

Winnipeg

I have heard it is confirmed. They were not getting enough attention up here. Actually, I think they are going to LA because Megan has work lined up there. Makes sense. Trump will definitely pay for their security.

Lorac

I have heard it is confirmed. They were not getting enough attention up here. Actually, I think they are going to LA because Megan has work lined up there. Makes sense. Trump will definitely pay for their security.

He says the US won't pay for their security:

Trump says Harry and Meghan must pay for security

And apparently Harry and Meghan said the following as noted in the BBC article:

"The duke and duchess have no plans to ask the US government for security resources. Privately funded security arrangements have been made."

canbelto

Are H&M deleting their account?

They turned off commenting in all their posts and had these cryptic words:

While you may not see us here, the work continues.

Thank you to this community - for the support, the inspiration and the shared commitment to the good in the world. We look forward to reconnecting with you soon. You’ve been great!

Until then, please take good care of yourselves, and of one another.

Harry and Meghan

mag

Well they have to change the name as of April 1. I would have thought they would do that and leave the past content the way it was. Turning off comments seems strange too. Did they delete past comments or just not allow new ones? Maybe changing the name doesn’t work with Instagram and they have to create a new account instead?

Lorac

Are H&M deleting their account?

They turned off commenting in all their posts and had these cryptic words:

They have to rename it - they have agreed not to use 'sussexroyal'. Their webpage needs to be changed as well. I guess they will come back with a new instagram/twitter account and rename their webpage. I would have guessed they would have liked that to be on April 1st but the CV issue may well delay them.

mag

So it appears that the comments from some posts have been totally deleted (the ones from that crazy “today I feel...” post for example, but not from other ones. It is their Instagram and they can do what they please, but being selective about deleting is going to rub people the wrong way. There were lots of negative comments on the above mentioned post, some may have been ott, but most were simply expressing hurt and anger and pointing out that H&M said something that inadvertently hurt people. Once again, that whole “we will admit when we have made a mistake” thing is simply not happening.

mag

Sorry for the double post, but one comment I read on their Instagram a few days back was from a British woman. She said that in her opinion there was a ton of good will towards H&M from the British people. What changed things for her was when they refused to even release a clear photo of Archie after he was born, but then went to South Africa and allowed hundreds of photos and videos to be taken. That it was a slap in the face to the British people. I hadn’t thought about it that way, and I am not British, but I can understand how someone might feel that way.

mag

I just checked -- they now deleted comments and turned off commenting for all posts.

Nope, there is one where Meghan is giving a speech in a white jacket and black pants. Old comments are still available to view. And another one about the Vogue cover. Maybe they just missed those posts?

Parsley Sage

I've read that they will launch a new Instagram and website at some point.

The Sussex Royal sites will still exist but will not be used.

Reactions: mag

canbelto

Honestly, all the royal accounts should turn off commenting right now. There's a bunch of stalker/trolls on those accounts and I would hope that the royals have some of their staff working at home. They certainly don't need to spend their time frantically deleting racist/creepy comments.

aftershocks

Banned Member

Meghan's mother, Doria, who is in her 60s, lives in L.A. Meghan was born and raised in L.A. It's her home turf where she has friends and family. She and her husband, and their young son, are now living in her hometown, her home state, her country of origin.

FYI: Trump isn't paying for anything to do with the Sussexes. How their personal security is being paid for is no one's business but their own.

Meanwhile, just wow about the amount of over-speculation going on about this couple. I just posted the above, and now I'm seeing all the previous posts here with the usual creepy over-analyzing the Sussexes. :drama: And people have the nerve thinking that the Sussexes want or need attention?! Apparently, just by them existing, there's a huge amount of over-attention seeking them.

God bless them for remaining positive and taking care of their business and staying focused on what matters amidst the alarming firestorm of crazy, petty, hateful and OTT thirst that surrounds them.

Last edited:

Japanfan

FYI: Trump isn't paying for anything to do with the Sussexes. How their personal security is being paid for is no one's business but their own.

It's definitely a valid concern for citizens of the US and Canada, given that it is their tax dollars which will pay for security if it is decided that security is a federal or state/province responsability.

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
It's definitely a valid concern for citizens of the US and Canada, given that it their tax dollars which will pay for security if it is decided that security is a federal or state/province responsability.

None of that has been 'decided,' so you're wrong. But what else is new(s).

Japanfan

None of that has been 'decided,' so you're wrong. But what else is new(s).

:confused:

Please note that I said 'if it is decided'.;)

Canadian taxpayers have been quite concerned about whether taxpayers would have to cover M/H's security for some time, as it seemed for quite a while that they would settle in Canada.

So, I'm not wrong. Don't know who p**d in your corn flakes, but for sure it wasn't me.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Please @Japanfan, what in the world does cornflakes and pee have to do with this topic that's none of any our business in the first place! :drama:

If you haven't read accurate information, then you have no idea what you're talking about regarding the Sussexes and their personal security. Which once again, is their business, not the rest of the world's no matter what OTT busybodies and frantic 'taxpayers' think.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
For weeks this thread was bombarded by worried Canadians about paying their tax dollars for the Sussex's security. That didn't happen so it turned out to be a lot of hot air. At the time I said why don't you wait till it happens before you complain but there was those who thought complaining would affect the outcome. Now I guess US posters will be posting the same damn thing & bore the rest of us. H&M said they never asked or expected their security to be paid by the US gov't. Why don't we believe them before jumping to conclusions?

Japanfan

Please @Japanfan, what in the world does cornflakes and pee have to do with this topic that's none of any our business in the first place! :drama:

It has to do with you being annoyed with not only me, but so many posters who comment on M/H or the royals. And do so in a manner that is not offensive.

You seem particularly hyper-sensitive to anything a person might say about M/H or the royals. Hence, those who say something are 'peeing in your cornflakes' metaphorically speaking, and you get are worked up and/or defensive.

If you haven't read accurate information, then you have no idea what you're talking about regarding the Sussexes and their personal security. Which once again, is their business, not the rest of the world's no matter what OTT busybodies and frantic 'taxpayers' think.

I didn't post anything about the Sussexes but only commented on Canadians' concerns about Canadian taxpayers having to foot the bill for their security if they lived in Canada. The Canadian news was all over it for awhile.

For information on the Sussexes (accuracy not necessarily relevant or confirmed), I rely entirely on you. :)

mag

I will point out there is a very large difference in the concerns about payment for security. The Sussexes have put out a statement that says that their security will be paid for privately. There is no ambiguity. The American taxpayers are not currently paying a portion of the security costs and waiting to find out what will happen in the future, as was the case in Canada. The situations are not in any way the same. Had the Sussexes put out a similar statement in January when they decided to step down as senior royals, there would not have been the outcry from taxpayers, not only here, but across Canada.

As to waiting until a decision was made, had Canada agreed to pay for security, had everything been set up and funding allocated, it would have been very difficult to go back on that agreement. Because there was no statement from the Sussexes that they would not accept tax payer money, Canadian taxpayers, who did not want to fund the security for multi million private citizens, had no choice but to let their objections be known.

skategal

Bunny mama
As to waiting until a decision was made, had Canada agreed to pay for security, had everything been set up and funding allocated, it would have been very difficult to go back on that agreement. Because there was no statement from the Sussexes that they would not accept tax payer money, Canadian taxpayers, who did not want to fund the security for multi million private citizens, had no choice but to let their objections be known.

They couldn't put out a statement like that because as Royals in a Commonwealth country they were in a catch 22 situation where they weren't allowed to use private security.

Once they went to the USA, they can use their own private security (which I think they wanted to do all along) and there are no rules preventing it or no rules saying the USA should pay for it.

mag

They couldn't put out a statement like that because as Royals in a Commonwealth country they were in a catch 22 situation where they weren't allowed to use private security.

Once they went to the USA, they can use their own private security (which I think they wanted to do all along) and there are no rules preventing it or no rules saying the USA should pay for it.

I don’t think that is quite the case. In Canada private security cannot carry firearms but there is definitely private security. The issue was not who provided the security, but who paid for it. The Sussexes absolutely could have made a statement something to the effect that discussions about details were ongoing, but they would commit to not taking any taxpayer subsidies and would reimburse the Canadian government for the cost of any security arrangements.

I completely agree that security arrangements should not be discussed, but who pays for the security (as in whether or not taxpayers are on the hook) is fair game. We have no right to know who is paying for their security, now that they have confirmed that it is being covered privately.

skategal

Bunny mama
I don’t think that is quite the case. In Canada private security cannot carry firearms but there is definitely private security. The issue was not who provided the security, but who paid for it.

The issue was as Internationally Protected Persons the RCMP has an obligation by law to provide the security and members of the Royal family are classified as Internationally Protected Persons.

There was discussion was if this obligation would or would not continue once H&M stepped down.

Still don't think they could have made any statements one way or the other while the discussions were happening.

And the notion of H&M with private security who don't have firearms is pretty unrealistic considering the crazy stalkers and vitriol levied at the Royal family.

clairecloutier

I remember that, in the years after Diana/Charles's divorce, there occasionally was speculation that Diana might move to the U.S., in particular, NYC. Interesting to think that her son has now moved here!

I hope that Harry and Meghan are able to find some peace, serenity, and stability in Los Angeles. They've had a lot going on in their lives since they got married.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information