Royal figure skating weddings :)

Enchanted

I posted this information into another thread but this might have been the right thread. Sarah Meier got married this summer as well.

Sarah Meier has married her long time boyfriend Jan van Berkel.

They had about 100 guests in their party and didn’t want any presents. If someone wanted to give something, they were asked to make a donation for athletes.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Upcoming figure skating-related weddings: Meryl Davis is planning a 'destination wedding' this summer to Fedor Andreev (after being engaged since 2017). They both wanted to take their time and not stress out about the planning. Meryl did not provide location details: https://people.com/sports/meryl-davis-wedding-plans-fiance-fedor-andreev/

In June, Ashley Cain will marry her longtime boyfriend, Dalton Gribble:
https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...ances-wedding-planning-and-a-busy-season.aspx
https://twitter.com/icegirlash/status/1112009918406520837

Soon Evan Lysacek and his fiancee Dang, will tie the knot... https://people.com/sports/skater-evan-lysacek-engaged-girlfriend-dang/

In Canadian pairs thread, it was mentioned that Paige Lawrence recently married is engaged to marry her cowboy boyfriend, Richie Champion: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/figure-skater-paige-lawrence-fell-for-a-cowboy-1.4751002
A cute video is embedded with Champion in action riding rodeo!

Who else?

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Actually Paige just had her bachelors party the last weekend of March. The wedding hasn’t happened yet.

Oh, that's cool. When is the wedding planned? May? June? Or later this summer? Paige and her cowboy fiance seem happy together. The pics of her bachlorette party looked like they had a great deal of fun. Amanda Evora was in one of the pics, along with Kaitlin Weaver, and Kirsten Moore-Towers was in a few pics.

Sylvia

TBD
I posted in the Canadian Pairs thread about Paige Lawrence's upcoming wedding:
That was from Paige's "bachelorette weekend": https://www.instagram.com/p/BvxbqjsnFtj/
She posted on her IG in late March that the wedding is in 2 months.
Her IG post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BvdVLTeHB7H/

Evan Lysacek and Duangpatra "Dang" Bodiratnangkura "plan to wed on Dec. 14 at the Nai Lert Park Heritage Home (part of her family’s estate) in Bangkok, Thailand" according to the PEOPLE article.

ETA:

Eric Radford mentioned in the Goodtalk chat last week that his and Luis Fenero's wedding in Spain will be at the beginning of July (Joe Johnson dubbed it "the royal gay wedding" in the chat :D).

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Oh, I had them confused with Sally Hansen and was super-impressed for a second there. (Though it turns out Sally Hansen isn't as big as I thought it was according to LinkedIn.)

kittyjake5

Off topic: I have a funny story about a Sally Hansen product. Years ago when I was beginning my career it was the era of suits, pantyhose and heels. I had a run in my stocking and a coworker said to me here use this it is great. It was a bottle of Sally Hansen extra strength clear nail polish. I will never forget the difficulty I had trying to remove the damn pantyhose from my leg. It was literally glued to my skin. The polish had seeped through to my calve and the hose would not budge.
Needless to say I never used any of Sally’s products again.

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Off topic: I have a funny story about a Sally Hansen product. Years ago when I was beginning my career it was the era of suits, pantyhose and heels. I had a run in my stocking and a coworker said to me here use this it is great. It was a bottle of Sally Hansen extra strength clear nail polish. I will never forget the difficulty I had trying to remove the damn pantyhose from my leg. It was literally glued to my skin. The polish had seeped through to my calve and the hose would not budge.
Needless to say I never used any of Sally’s products again.

Oh my gosh you bring back horrific pantyhose (including the nail polish) memories!!!! Young corporate women today have no idea how lucky they have it! :drama: :rofl:

Japanfan

Oh my gosh you bring back horrific pantyhose (including the nail polish) memories!!!! Young corporate women today have no idea how lucky they have it! :drama: :rofl:

Horrific pantyhose indeed. Not only were they uncomfortable, they would almost always get a run when you had to go to an important meeting or interview. I guess one could have carried a spare set, but it never occurred to me. And I never did have a job which required me to regularly wear skirts/dresses and hose.

I assume you say corporate women today have it good because they can wear pant suits?

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Horrific pantyhose indeed. Not only were they uncomfortable, they would almost always get a run when you had to go to an important meeting or interview. I guess one could have carried a spare set, but it never occurred to me. And I never did have a job which required me to regularly wear skirts/dresses and hose.

I assume you say corporate women today have it good because they can wear pant suits?

Yes! For years and years my employers required skirt suits. Bleh. Long live pants! (and bare legs for those who do not yet have spider veins, etc!)! :D :D :D

barbk

Indeed. My firm's dress advice in the mid-1980s included: skirted suit or dress with coordinating jacket, neutral color hose (pale taupe for me), and pumps. They were very explicit on the shoe front: no slingbacks or sandals, and I think the color suggestions were black, navy, cordovan, and taupe/beige. I always had a spare pair of pantyhose in my briefcase. It was also the era of all those floofy scarves worn with buttondown shirts. Blech.

attyfan

Not just corporate women ... many of them don't even have to wear suits to work on a daily basis. I'm a lawyer ... and I only need to wear suits when I go to court. Courts are still pretty conservative ... while pant suits have been OK for years if it is a minor appearance in the trial court, it is only comparatively recently that I see women in pant suits for oral argument in the appellate courts.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
Indeed. My firm's dress advice in the mid-1980s included: skirted suit or dress with coordinating jacket, neutral color hose (pale taupe for me), and pumps. They were very explicit on the shoe front: no slingbacks or sandals, and I think the color suggestions were black, navy, cordovan, and taupe/beige. I always had a spare pair of pantyhose in my briefcase. It was also the era of all those floofy scarves worn with buttondown shirts. Blech.

On the contrary,this was the height of fashion and glamour!

-BB

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Even if they wear dresses, most younger women today don't wear hose. They wear tights or have bare legs.

The bare legs thing took me a while but now I'm on board with it. I don't even own a pair of pantyhose anymore!

shutterbug

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information