Rock the Rink 2019 (Virtue/Moir, Chan, Stojko, Osmond, Kostner, Abbott)

chantilly

Temps level is a term that is used in a more advanced level of ballet. Just getting in to the summer program like Tessa did, meant she was a very good dancer at age 9 doing stuff that nine year olds do.

Like a child who quit skating early may not know what a counter is. You don’t do it until a certain skill set is established.
Thanks for this information.

I know very little about ballet, especially the term/names of moves. So it makes sense now why Tessa who was a promising ballet student wouldn’t know this particular term.

believed

Olympic gold medalists – and longtime Special Olympics champions - Scott Moir, Tessa Virtue and Patrick Chan are choosing to include individuals with an intellectual disability in their upcoming cross-country tour, Rock the Rink.

The all-star cast of Moir, Virtue, Chan, two-time Olympic silver medalist Elvis Stojko, Canadian figure skater Kaetlyn Osmond, American figure skater Jeremy Abbott and Italian figure skater Karolina Kostner, will be joined by a Special Olympics Canada athlete at each Canadian stop in the 31-city tour this fall. The local Special Olympics figure skater will not only appear alongside the cast throughout the show, but also perform a solo.

“It’s an honour to be able to share the stage with all of the incredible Special Olympics athletes who will be performing in Rock the Rink this year,” three-time Olympian Scott Moir said about the partnership announced Tuesday.

Japanfan

Commendable. It will be interesting how they integrate the special Olympians into the show.

SkateFanBerlin

Interesting well written piece by Elvis Stojko about attacking when your body is saying "run for it"

chantilly

Hey all.
I’m going to the Penticton show and chose the print at home option.

But I haven’t received my notice that my ticket is ready to print.

Anyone else having an issue.

Sylvia

TBD
Tweeted by Scott on Sept. 17: https://twitter.com/ScottMoir/status/1174156176029863937
Speaking of fun... rehearsing for @rocktherinktour has been an absolute BLAST! @CharlieaWhite is killing the choreo. Our cast is unbelievable...Virtch (@tessavirtue) back in the lab... killing it. @Pchiddy @elvisstojko @kaetlyn_23 @msKOSTNER @jeremyabbottpcf YOU ROCK!
Tweeted by Carolina on Sept. 16: https://twitter.com/msKOSTNER/status/1173602272212914176
Oggi comincia una nuova avventura, felicissima di iniziare le prove del #rocktherinktour ⛸🇨🇦😄

Jumping of joy ... #RTR rehearsals are starting today! #CaroOnIce #rocktherinktour #rehearsals #squadgoals #life #love #passion

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
The Skate Canada BC Section sent out a discount code for "special offer tickets at last minute savings" to the RTR show at the Thunderbird Arena in Vancouver on October 7. The code is SKATECANADARTR

mollymgr

Some fan videos from the first show in Abbotsford. These users uploaded quite a few videos.

Opening-Group

Oldies-Group

Sway- Group

Wish You Were Here-V/M

Kaetlyn Osmond

Let You Go (V/M, Carolina, Jeremy, Patrick)

Intro, Fix You, Viva La Vida (V/M and cast)

Last edited:

Sonata

I’m really impressed by the choreography for the group numbers. They are visually interesting - it’s like the skaters weave in and out from each element and the individual numbers within the group number transition nicely. Good job to whoever choreographed them.

Did they really make Carolina Kostner into Jessica Rabbit?? Were most of these kids even alive when that movie came out? In any case, she does a good job.

Colleen

Went to the show last night - it was great! The group numbers were really good - so often I don't enjoy them as they seem disorganized and chaotic but not at this show. Loved seeing Jeremy Abbott and Carolina Koster and Volosozar/Trankov. She is in fabulous shape for a newish mom.

The video of Virtue and Moir saying goodbye had many of us in tears.

We had great seats and I meant to take pictures but in the end put the phone away and just revelled in the experience. Happy to see someone else took the bullet and provided videos for all to enjoy.

I didn't expect it but thoroughly enjoyed the Birds of Bellwoods - they have a new fan. Saw them after the show so was able to tell them in person.

If you don't have tickets - go! I much prefer competition over show skating but this show is fab.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I’m really impressed by the choreography for the group numbers. They are visually interesting - it’s like the skaters weave in and out from each element and the individual numbers within the group number transition nicely. Good job to whoever choreographed them.

Did they really make Carolina Kostner into Jessica Rabbit?? Were most of these kids even alive when that movie came out? In any case, she does a good job.

Charlie White it would seem.

emilieh

For those going to future shows: the first hour is a 25 min or so concert by Birds of Bellwoods and then a zamboni intermission. The show started promptly at 7, but the skating didn't start until about 8. I abandoned half my dinner and basically ran from the car because I thought I was going to be late for the show. I would have taken my time if I had known.

The concert was fine and enjoyable enough, just not what I came for. Most of the people around me seemed to agree that it took a looong time for the actual skating to start, and a couple were quite miffed about it.

dramagrrl

Just a concert with no one skating to their live music? If so, I may decide to skip that part, or at least not rush to get there.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I'm going tomorrow night. Already :mad: about the Birds of Bellwoods concert. How dare they! FFS that's not what I'm going for :mad:

The Accordion

Hello all! I have many thoughts to write - but for now - just a couple tips. If it’s the same S Abbotsford - yes the first hour is concert / zamboni - with no skating until 8. Maybe it will be different other places!?

BUT when the band comes out to play later - don’t leave as many people did - thinking it was some kind of intermission! They play alone for a bit and then skaters are added for a most beautiful piece you don’t want to miss!

Just a couple thoughts for now. Such an emotional night saying goodbye! I have great appreciation for the type of show it was - especially the effectiveness of the group numbers with features! I don’t know if they are working out sound issues - but I found the sound almost unbearably loud sometimes.

I am extremely glad I went to see VM last show after watching them all these years and so much beauty with so many skaters I love! I even toyed briefly with the idea of going to their last show in Newfoundland. I can only imagine what it will be like. I’d probably be a total mess.

Cherub721

YEAH!
V&T music is cut due to copyright. Does anyone know what they skated?

I love the Sway number so much!

quartz

scratching at the light
If the first part is a concert with no skating, why do they have to have a Zamboni break? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information