Rock the Rink 2019 (Virtue/Moir, Chan, Stojko, Osmond, Kostner, Abbott)

chantilly

Temps level is a term that is used in a more advanced level of ballet. Just getting in to the summer program like Tessa did, meant she was a very good dancer at age 9 doing stuff that nine year olds do.

Like a child who quit skating early may not know what a counter is. You don’t do it until a certain skill set is established.
Thanks for this information.

I know very little about ballet, especially the term/names of moves. So it makes sense now why Tessa who was a promising ballet student wouldn’t know this particular term.

believed

Olympic gold medalists – and longtime Special Olympics champions - Scott Moir, Tessa Virtue and Patrick Chan are choosing to include individuals with an intellectual disability in their upcoming cross-country tour, Rock the Rink.

The all-star cast of Moir, Virtue, Chan, two-time Olympic silver medalist Elvis Stojko, Canadian figure skater Kaetlyn Osmond, American figure skater Jeremy Abbott and Italian figure skater Karolina Kostner, will be joined by a Special Olympics Canada athlete at each Canadian stop in the 31-city tour this fall. The local Special Olympics figure skater will not only appear alongside the cast throughout the show, but also perform a solo.

“It’s an honour to be able to share the stage with all of the incredible Special Olympics athletes who will be performing in Rock the Rink this year,” three-time Olympian Scott Moir said about the partnership announced Tuesday.

Japanfan

Commendable. It will be interesting how they integrate the special Olympians into the show.

SkateFanBerlin

Interesting well written piece by Elvis Stojko about attacking when your body is saying "run for it"

MR-FAN

Kostner Softie
Me too and I’ve never seen her live. Very excited! Enjoy ❤
You too! I saw her at the 2011/2012 GPF, and at an event that featured terrific skates from Daisuke, Chan, Hanyu, Fernandez, V/M, D/W, Savchenko/Szolkowy and Volosozar/Trankov, Kostner’s performance was the most memorable to me and the highlight of the event :respec::respec:

chantilly

Hey all.
I’m going to the Penticton show and chose the print at home option.

But I haven’t received my notice that my ticket is ready to print.

Anyone else having an issue.

Sylvia

Wishing I could go back to the Lake Placid JGP
Tweeted by Scott on Sept. 17: https://twitter.com/ScottMoir/status/1174156176029863937
Speaking of fun... rehearsing for @rocktherinktour has been an absolute BLAST! @CharlieaWhite is killing the choreo. Our cast is unbelievable...Virtch (@tessavirtue) back in the lab... killing it. @Pchiddy @elvisstojko @kaetlyn_23 @msKOSTNER @jeremyabbottpcf YOU ROCK!
Tweeted by Carolina on Sept. 16: https://twitter.com/msKOSTNER/status/1173602272212914176
Oggi comincia una nuova avventura, felicissima di iniziare le prove del #rocktherinktour ⛸🇨🇦😄

Jumping of joy ... #RTR rehearsals are starting today! #CaroOnIce #rocktherinktour #rehearsals #squadgoals #life #love #passion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)