RIP Prince Philip

MsZem

I see the sea
It's been a challenging time for the BRF, and now to lose Prince Philip, too. I imagine it's comforting that he was able to be part of their lives for so long.

Judy

Born in 1921 .. all the history that he saw and lived through. I read that he wanted a quiet funeral.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
News comments outside of Britain are rejoicing in this news: Asia, Arab, Africa, Minorities. Imagine once The Queens dies.

what are reactions in America being a Republic and Republic of Ireland ?

Last edited:

Debrah

A great loss, I am so very sad for the Queen, his family, the Commonwealth, condolences to all those whose lives he touched. The entire world has lost yet another iconic soul, may he R.I.P. I hope the tabloids will back off and give the Queen and her family some peace to heal and deal with this great loss.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
Though not unexpected given his age and recent hospitalization, it still is sad news. Thinking of the Queen most especially.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
News comments outside of Britain are rejoicing in this news: Asia, Arab, Africa, Minorities. Imagine once The Queens dies.

Cant imagine rejoicing at the news that a lady has lost her husband after over 70 years. Although I had to come off Twitter earlier, it’s predictably vile.

All scheduled programming has been cancelled on the main UK TV channels today. (Even QVC is off air! I don’t watch QVC but I did around the time of Diana’s death and remembered they did the same then.... so I checked)

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Cant imagine rejoicing at the news that a lady has lost her husband after over 70 years. Although I had to come off Twitter earlier, it’s predictably vile.

All scheduled programming has been cancelled on the main UK TV channels today. (Even QVC is off air! I don’t watch QVC but I did around the time of Diana’s death and remembered they did the same then.... so I checked)
yes should read twitter, especially young woke people and instagram.

But you have to understand that for some people , monarchy represents colonialism, hold your breath coz it will even get uglier once its the Queen.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I don't think Prince Phillip was the epitome of right-think and I don't think he ever wanted to be. I liked his frankness even when it was less than flattering, and yes, he said racist things like a lot of people born in 1921. But his loyalty to his wife and the monarchy was commendable, and he overcame a terrible upbringing with a lot of trauma. RIP.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

I turned on the TV briefly when I woke up and read the news on FB about an hour ago. Briefly channel surfed the 3 main networks - all were on commercial breaks, saw it on the news crawler on CNN, and Fox News - none of them were doing non-stop coverage but Fox did have a brief bit on his passing which was very respectful (I would expect nothing less from Dana Perino and Bill Hemmer) but they gave more time to the news that MLB has moved the All-Star Game from Atlanta to Denver this morning during the 10 or so minutes I had the TV on than they did on Philip's passing.

Very sad news and my thoughts are with the Queen, her family, and all of the Brits/Commonwealth FSUers who are mourning the loss of an iconic man.

canbelto

Prince Philip was very racist. However, he was also by all accounts a loving husband and grandfather. Here's an article about what he's said:

“If you stay here much longer, you’ll all be slitty-eyed.”​

— To British students in China, during a 1986 state visit

Also who watches Fox and Friends anyway? It's the most vapid show. There's absolutely no news content on it.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I turned on the TV briefly when I woke up and read the news on FB about an hour ago. Briefly channel surfed the 3 main networks - all were on commercial breaks, saw it on the news crawler on CNN, and Fox News - none of them were doing non-stop coverage but Fox did have a brief bit on his passing which was very respectful (I would expect nothing less from Dana Perino and Bill Hemmer) but they gave more time to the news that MLB has moved the All-Star Game from Atlanta to Denver this morning during the 10 or so minutes I had the TV on than they did on Philip's passing.

Very sad news and my thoughts are with the Queen, her family, and all of the Brits/Commonwealth FSUers who are mourning the loss of an iconic man.
Surprised Fox aires more time to Royalty ? considering its base of viewers and fans

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information