Really, part deux

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
On the 5th day of April 2019 Ottawa tied a record for the length of time we've had at least 1 cm of snow on the ground - 144 days (based on records going back to 1955 at the Ottawa International Airport). We all feel like it's a never-ending winter with more snow possible later today and even more later next week.

Of course, those records are nothing compared to the record @Really has been setting! It's so good to hear that rehabilitation is again underway and that slow progress continues to be made, especially in familiar surroundings (even if it's farther from home).

Continuing thoughts and prayers for you!

victorskid

The skating season is not quite over - this week there's the World Team Trophy from Japan (to get me up in the middle of the night) and the World Synchro Championships from Finland. Coming up soon will be the Stars on Ice tour of Canada and now we have the "Rock the Rink" tour in the fall to look forward to as well.

In the meantime we have teams breaking up/skaters retiring and new teams forming/skaters moving up to senior competition while @Really continues to make slow an steady progress.

Keeping you and @Gerry in my thoughts and prayers...

victorskid

It is the 1st of May and there were ice pellets/freezing rain/snow in the weather forecast here in addition to the unwanted rain. The water levels in the rivers are still rising and people are being evacuated from their homes for safety reasons. Welcome to (no) climate change :(

Here's hoping that things are more positive with @Really and @Gerry despite some recent reports of snow in Alberta!!

Gerry

Hello from Day 908... Lee is still in Red Deer. We had a nice visit from PatC and her husband at the end of April, and Lee really perked up for a bit. Since then, she has been making steady progress. She is working on eating a few meals a day, but opening her mouth is still an issue, so we are looking for some answers on that. We have an Opthamologist appt booked for later this month, to rule out any other vision issues.

She is looking better all the time, and continues to make progress. We are here until May 31; by then, the rehabilitation team will know if Lee is making enough progress to warrant more time... this is not as long-term program, and there is a lot of demand.

Sorry for not keeping in touch. I've taken off most of this month to try and be with her and maximize what gains we can make. I'll try to drop in again toward the end of the month.

Thanks, as always, for your thoughts and support. We wouldn't have made it this far without our friends.

Spun Silver

Yay, a new good update from @Gerry! :cheer2:

This journey must seem never-ending. I pray the progress Lee has made convinces Red Deer to keep working with her. However, if not, being back home (is that the alternative?) could be the best therapy and stimulant of all. I hope there is the possibility of home-based therapy too in that eventuality.

Thank you for keeping us in the loop! :respec:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information