Really, part deux

Gerry

Hi. Its 10:30pm, and I've been here since 0530, so I will keep this brief.

Following a tough night, Lee had 2 operations today to plant a new shunt system that would deal with her low intracranial pressures and hydrocephalus. After the first one, over a 4 hr span, it became apparent that her special needs were not being met, and a follow-up surgery corrected that. Tonight, Lee is resting and seems to be recovering.

The surgeries today were very delicate; her condition might best be described as fragile... her skin tears easily, the veins are hard to work with, and the blenders harder to stop. I dont think she can take more surgery, so I hope this one does the trick.

Thanks for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers today... I will let you know how tomorrow goes.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Oh my gosh just catching up and am sending so many positive thoughts to you both. ((Hugs)) @Gerry you have all been through so much.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Praying that the apparent post-surgical recovery of last night continues as actual progress that will return her to the slow recovery road she was on before this unwelcome bump in that road.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
(((Gerry))) I’m so sorry the shunt ended up being required but praying this surgery will return Lee to at least her previous status. :(

It seems wrong to say “stay strong” when you’ve gone through so much already, but hang in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information