Pokemon Go part 2

antmanb

I'm still getting double points and candies.

I hadn't actually realised that candies were double too - you can basically evolve a pidgey every time you catch one and transfer it :cheer2:

I levelled up yesterday (31 Hurray!) and i'm on 60,000 XP of this next level now. I haven't really been playing very much either. I hope the double points are still on by Saturday so that I can do some serious playing :lol:

oleada

I'm still getting double points and candies.

I hadn't actually realised that candies were double too - you can basically evolve a pidgey every time you catch one and transfer it :cheer2:

I levelled up yesterday (31 Hurray!) and i'm on 60,000 XP of this next level now. I haven't really been playing very much either. I hope the double points are still on by Saturday so that I can do some serious playing :lol:

Unfortunately the double points end tonight. It's been good. I reached level 34!

Was 10 minutes late to work because I was doing a Lugia raid. It was worth it because I finally caught the bastard. It may be time for an intervention.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
dh joined a Facebook group for local raid battles. So dh, dd, and I went last night. It was entertaining, with about 15 people or so exclaiming in excitement, and a few caught the legendaries (I didn't, alas). Got a bunch of XP, for whatever it's worth.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I'm up to level 33 but barely. I want to do one more evolve session before the special expires in a few hours but I don't want to crack and egg for it as I only have about 30 to evolve. Decisions, decisions.

oleada

It took me like 6 tries to get Moltres. I had to learn to curveball well to catch it! Now I have 3 but their IVs are all in the 70s so I'm hoping to catch a better one.

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
Caught 2 Snorlax yesterday :)
I'm 90% level 31 and it's still taking forever to level up.

antmanb

Do you guys taking part in the raids catching legendaries or rare super high CP Pokémon live in areas where people are always taking part in raids?

I live in Manchester which is either the second or third (depending on who you ask ;) ) largest city in the UK and even in the city centre I have never seen another person taking part in a raid. I can kind of understand it in suburbia where I live, but in the city centre itself I've never found another person wanting to take part, and there's no way in hell I can even try to take down the harder ones. I think I've managed a three star (or monster whatever the symbol is!) one by myself but anything higher and I don't even get close.

oleada

There are always a ton of people in raids here, especially the legendaries.

Can you join a local pokemon FB group? That may give you ideas as to where people meet up. Mine also has a discord and FB messenger chats.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I went on four legendary raids on Saturday. There was a huge group of people downtown and we just went from one to another. It helps that there is a Facebook group for Omaha, and that gets people out too.

My very first raid, with my very first ball, I caught an Articuno. I haven't caught anything since. :wuzrobbed

oleada

I had to learn how to throw curve balls effectively and that really ups your catch rate. Are you using the golden razz berries?

antmanb

There are always a ton of people in raids here, especially the legendaries.

Can you join a local pokemon FB group? That may give you ideas as to where people meet up. Mine also has a discord and FB messenger chats.

I'm not on facebook (and never have been). I might make Mr Antmanb join a group for me :lol:

Jem X

Pokemon forever
Well for the Zapdos, you are supposed to alternate nanab berries and golden razz berries to catch them. I'm 5 for 8 catching Zapdos, but I was 4 for 17 catching Moltres. :blah:

I have been practicing curveballs, also. I joined the local Pokemon FB group and they added me to the messenger chat so after work and walking the dog, I do a couple of raids. I'm beginning to recognize a lot of the regular raiders.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Wow, this thread hasn't been posted in for a while.

I have some questions about the new changes.

1) Parties - are people who battle a lot using this new feature? If you don't battle or Raid, is it worth anything?
2) What's with the Wailmer? It takes 400 candies to evolve it. Is it worth working hard to do it or should I just take my time?
3) Bonus/Special candies. (The ones you can feed to any Pokemon) I have some from RAIDs. What's the best strategy for using them?

MR-FAN

Kostner Softie
Wow, this thread hasn't been posted in for a while.

I have some questions about the new changes.

1) Parties - are people who battle a lot using this new feature? If you don't battle or Raid, is it worth anything?
Nope. It’s just a way for you to quickly find Pokémon to fight with

2) What's with the Wailmer? It takes 400 candies to evolve it. Is it worth working hard to do it or should I just take my time?
Take your time

3) Bonus/Special candies. (The ones you can feed to any Pokemon) I have some from RAIDs. What's the best strategy for using them?

I’d say to evolve rare Pokémon who still need a few more candies (especially those requiring 5km of buddying per candy

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I’d say to evolve rare Pokémon who still need a few more candies (especially those requiring 5km of buddying per candy
Do you have some examples? There are so many Pokemon now that I've kind of lost track of which ones are good and which ones aren't!

MR-FAN

Kostner Softie
Do you have some examples? There are so many Pokemon now that I've kind of lost track of which ones are good and which ones aren't!

You’d have to wait until you’re close to the number of candies you need, and it’s best to use them on Pokémon that high high max CP potential (mainly for fighting), so for Gen 3, that could be Slakings, Salamences, Metagrosses or Aggrons for instance. Gen 2 is best used for evolving Blissies and Turanitars, and gen 1 is best for evolving Dragonites.

I’d wait until I’m like 10 candies short of full evolution though, and that the Pokémon I’m evolving has high CP and stats

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Anybody else still playing? There's a new feature to add friends. Send me a PM and I can send you my Trainer Code.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
PM us with your trainer number. Or just post it here if you want random people to also be your Pokemon GO friend. :lol:

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
I don’t know if there are distance limitations to transfers of Pokémon, but if anyone wants South America local stuff (ie Heracross), hit me up, we’ll see what gives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information