Pokemon Go part 2

antmanb

I can't remember if i snarked about this already but the other day saw a Lapras that was around 2000CP and threw like 20 ultra balls and used about 13/14 raz berries and then it just ran away.

moojja

I can't remember if i snarked about this already but the other day saw a Lapras that was around 2000CP and threw like 20 ultra balls and used about 13/14 raz berries and then it just ran away.

I feel you. I (with other random people) defeat a Lapras at two different raids. Both times I failed to catch it afterwards.

oleada

I feel you. I (with other random people) defeat a Lapras at two different raids. Both times I failed to catch it afterwards.

Ugh, I feel you. I cannot catch a Tyranitar to save my life. The damn thing jumps so much and when I do catch it, it escapes.

oleada

I have caught six Tyranitar in raids; the key is to wait until he looks down at his left foot. As soon as does that throw the ball. I hit him every time now

I'm going to have to try this.

ETA: @CarolineL thank you so much! OMG, it totally worked! I caught him on my second try :cheer2:

My only snark is that he was only "caught my attention" and not a wonder :shuffle:

Last edited:

CarolineL

Lol glad I could help @oleada it's the idiot way to catch him. If I think too much I never hit him. I caught two more yesterday. I think I'm done with him now I have 22 of them!! I really need Gen 3 to come out

antmanb

I'm so annoyed! I haven't taken part in a raid yet - I haven't had a convenient one close by since the update so I haven't bothered. This lunch time the gym near work had a raid on so me and a colleague went down to check it out...we assumed the raid started at the end of the timer, but apparently not - it just ends then?

If that's the case then when can you actually start a raid? Is there a start as well as an end time? we sat around chatting for five minutes for the timer to count down so we were both really pissed off.

Also since it was a yellow gym my colleague did battle and kicked out a pokemon, and then I couldn't add mine because the gym was "under attack", but she'd finished!

Overall I left pretty annoyed :lol:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
There is first a big egg that appears above the gym with a timer. It says XX:XX:XX until Raid begins. Then the egg goes away and the timer is a countdown for how long the raid will last. You can tell if you are in the middle of a raid because there will be a super powerful Raid boss that appears when you click on the gym (instead of seeing the Pokemon that live there).

oleada

I'm so excited about Saturday. I might go to a meetup!

Another day, another Tyranitar that runs away. At least I hit them every time now, thanks to the tip posted here.

antmanb

I've still not managed to get to a raid! I'm either too late or too early and don't have time to hang around.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I finally killed a Raid boss yesterday. It was a terribly wimpy one. So I took it down with only one Pokemon. Given that I wanted to use up a ton of Potions and Revives that were cluttering my bag (but I also didn't want to throw away just in case), I was annoyed.

I got a golden raspberry which sounds cool but I can't figure out how to deploy it. And 11 of these white balls which don't actually seem to be in my bag. Anyone know what these things are and how to use them?

oleada

I finally killed a Raid boss yesterday. It was a terribly wimpy one. So I took it down with only one Pokemon. Given that I wanted to use up a ton of Potions and Revives that were cluttering my bag (but I also didn't want to throw away just in case), I was annoyed.

I got a golden raspberry which sounds cool but I can't figure out how to deploy it. And 11 of these white balls which don't actually seem to be in my bag. Anyone know what these things are and how to use them?

Golden raspberry are like the regular raspberry on steroids. If you select the berry while trying to catch a Pokémon, slide right and it's there. It also fills up the motivation of a Pokémon at the gym all the way full.

The white balls are for catching raid bosses and only appear then. They don't accumulate in your bag IIIRC.

oleada

I got Articuno:cheer:

Our PokemonGo NYC meetup sounds like it was much more fun and organized than Chicago :yikes: I caught to Tyranitars, hatched a ton of eggs and caught a bunch of stuff. And of course, Articuno today.

All the bonuses are active (1/3 egg distance, double candy, double stardust, double XP) until Monday.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I saw there was an Articuno raid two blocks from my condo, so I threw on yesterday's clothes and ran out. There were 20 people there, and we took him down and only four of us caught him in the bonus round. I was one of them. First ball even!

I'm going to go out later and see if I can get the other one.

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
And I'm stuck on the land of ZERO pokestops and gyms with only 3 eggs in my bag :wall:

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I spent most of yesterday on a bike and today I'm doing prep for a test that involves staying close to home. So not really able to take advantage of all the bonuses. :( I did run a 10k earlier today but my phone was dying so I didn't play Pokemon Go on the run either.

antmanb

I went and did an evolve session on Friday and then yesterday the double XP happened :angryfire:angryfire:angryfire

I finally did a raid and beat the boss, it wasn't a particularly strong boss but it was a pokemon I didn't have so all good. I also stupidly tried a Lapras that had a four boss head rating by myself and barely managed to knock its health down by a quarter :lol: I guess you definitely need more than one person for a big boss

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I just did a big evolve session. I was going to do it yesterday but medical stuff kept me from it. I hope I still got double XP!

oleada

I just did a big evolve session. I was going to do it yesterday but medical stuff kept me from it. I hope I still got double XP!

You should have. The double XP is until tonight (8 pm pacific time, IIRC). I cracked an egg and mass evolved a metric ton of pidgeys. About 3/4 to level 34 now, which would have otherwise taken weeks!

antmanb

I'm still getting double XP on catches today, is the event on for the rest of the week?

Also my pokedex is saying I've seen but not caught a bunch of pokemon that I blatantly haven't seen at all. Included in the list Kangaskhan (isn't this the Australian specific one?) and Tauros (isn't that the North America specific one?). And being as how I've not been to Australia or North America since the game began I can't have seen them.

oleada

I'm still getting double XP on catches today, is the event on for the rest of the week?

Also my pokedex is saying I've seen but not caught a bunch of pokemon that I blatantly haven't seen at all. Included in the list Kangaskhan (isn't this the Australian specific one?) and Tauros (isn't that the North America specific one?). And being as how I've not been to Australia or North America since the game began I can't have seen them.

They extended it for 72 hours! So until the 27th.

If you've seen a Pokémon at a gym, it will show up as seen in your Pokedex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information