Peacock Will Stream All NBCUniversal Coverage Of Beijing Olympics, Including Live Events, Via Premium Tier

MacMadame

Doing all the things
And that’s why I try to catch these Peacock Olympic world feeds live, if at all possible!
Too, they tend to insert more ads during replays (summer Olympics gymnastics experience)…even in the middle of routines…sporadically. For ex, I missed almost an entire balance beam routine: gymnast mounts the beam, sudden cut to an ad, the ad ends as gymnast dismounts the beam!!!!!!!!! They didn’t even have the decency to pause the routine, run the ad, then pick up the routine. So you’re all forewarned - try to watch the Peacock Olympic shows live.
Actually, Peacock tweeted that Olympic Replays will not have ads. Guess they changed it from last time.

Susan1

I just heard the tail end of "Olympic Ice will be on at 7:30 with Jeopardy on at 7" on the local news. I only see it tomorrow and then not daily till the NEXT Monday on the cable guide. But I set it to record the series whenever it does show up.

emason

Whatever replay of Team Event that I pulled up and am watching tonight has commercials, but the little countdown clock that shows how many seconds left of commercials makes it easy for me to judge if I have time to refresh my drink or get more snacks from the kitchen.

LeafOnTheWind

I can't find Olympic Ice and it doesn't work to use Olympic in the search. It pulls up everything.

ETA: I had to go to channels instead of browsing. I don't know if they will have replays of this up.

Sylvia

TBD
I thought that was a very good first show with a nice mix of fun (easy rapport among the 4 hosts) and expertise (Jackie Wong made an appearance and touted Yuma Kagiyama as the one who could upset the favorites) - what did you think?

Last edited:

A.H.Black

Missed Olympic Ice. If/when it is available for replay, would someone please post. Thanks.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
It was pretty good. Nice to hear some realism when it comes to US placement and positive discussion of the Russian women on an NBC production. Wagner’s introspection and ability to make fun of herself is great. I don’t think Scott adds anything and given it was 4:1 men:women, I wish they went with another female or at least someone younger.

LeafOnTheWind

I do not like the main host Matt Iseman. He made Scott look good. I thought Johnny did a pretty good job and at least asked intelligent athletic questions. But I was interrupted from watching the whole thing when my sister called.

Hosts of Peacock's daily show

According to this article, Olympic Ice will be alternating with Olympic Show at 10 am ET every day. So I guess that means our next Olympic Ice is on Monday. I still haven't seen anything about possible replays. I'm not sure they will since it's the talking heads recapping and predicting events.

annie720

I only lasted about 20 minutes with Olympic Ice. The voices were all too harsh for someone who had just rolled out of bed. Too much forced jocularity.

LeafOnTheWind

The SNL Olympic skits in the Olympics hub are fun to watch/rewatch. I had forgotten about the Natalie Portman Announcer Monologue where they critiqued her. :lol:

Sylvia

TBD
I still haven't seen anything about possible replays. I'm not sure they will since it's the talking heads recapping and predicting events.
IIRC, the daily shows during the Tokyo Olympics were not archived for replay on Peacock? I will post if I find out anything about Olympic Ice being available to watch later (ignorant question - for those streaming the show via their TVs, can this show be DVRed?).

love skating

Clueless American
I'm watching Olympic Ice replay right now (cause I missed the first 15 minutes originally). There's a "tile" on the Olympic page as well as the Olympic Figure Skating page... under "Replays". I forgot that Johnny Mosely was on Skating With the Stars - I must have his programs on tape somewhere lol. He was pretty good trying to do an axel on the carpet!

Last edited:

LeafOnTheWind

That's nice that it's on a repeating set in the live channel along with a replay loaded in the Hub later. All the other Olympic Show replays are in the hub too. I won't have to worry about missing it.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I just started to watch the Olympic Ice replay and the thing I dislike about Peacock is that you cannot fast forward and see what you are fast forwarding through. I don’t have the patience to watch the majority of this but would like to fast forward and see if there is anything to stop and watch.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I just started to watch the Olympic Ice replay and the thing I dislike about Peacock is that you cannot fast forward and see what you are fast forwarding through. I don’t have the patience to watch the majority of this but would like to fast forward and see if there is anything to stop and watch.
That's not true. I'm watching it and I'm able to FFW. I've been skipping the "Coverage Will Resume Shortly" they put up during the commercial breaks. It's a bit harder on my phone to FFW because the app doesn't have the FFW 10 seconds button like the browser version, but it's doable.

Spikefan

That's not true. I'm watching it and I'm able to FFW. I've been skipping the "Coverage Will Resume Shortly" they put up during the commercial breaks. It's a bit harder on my phone to FFW because the app doesn't have the FFW 10 seconds button like the browser version, but it's doable.
Yes, I know I can fast forward. I just cannot see what I am fast forwarding past. Are you able to see what you are skipping when you FF?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Yes, I know I can fast forward. I just cannot see what I am fast forwarding past. Are you able to see what you are skipping when you FF?
Yes, but I'm streaming from my laptop to my TV right now so I'm hitting the FFW 10 seconds button through the 2-3 min commercial breaks, lol.

Scott Hamilton called Valieva "the perfect skater" - WOW. Such a tremendous compliment - and he's not wrong.

I'm really loving the show so far - good debut episode.

Spikefan

Ok, I cannot on my TV. Just FFW and have frozen screen then hit play and it starts from where I FFW to. I don’t really care enough to watch on my laptop.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Ok, I cannot on my TV. Just FFW and have frozen screen then hit play and it starts from where I FFW to. I don’t really care enough to watch on my laptop.
That’s the only think about Roku that I miss… the little preview tiles as you ff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information