Peacock Will Stream All NBCUniversal Coverage Of Beijing Olympics, Including Live Events, Via Premium Tier

Sylvia

TBD
I'm holding out hope we'll get some practice cams or warm up cams... Peacock has a link to the RD Warm Up Cam in the FS section. Keep checking, folks, to see if more links appear.
Strangely, "Rhythm Dance Warmup" on Feb. 12 (start time matches the final 2 groups) is still listed on Peacock... nothing else right now.

ETA:

I saw a reply yesterday to a figure skating fan that said only competitions would be streamed so I sent a Twitter DM to PeacockTVCare asking if more practices or warmups would be added (like for RD) but have not heard back.

Last edited:

ilovesalchows

I don't see it mentioned here but will we be able to watch on demand events before the NBC broadcast? Thinking if I want to wake up and watch the women, for instance, or do I have to remain unspoiled for several hours and watch the crappy truncated broadcast.

I tried it with gymnastics in Tokyo and either one could not, or I was too dumb to figure it out.

livetoskate

I don't see it mentioned here but will we be able to watch on demand events before the NBC broadcast? Thinking if I want to wake up and watch the women, for instance, or do I have to remain unspoiled for several hours and watch the crappy truncated broadcast.

I tried it with gymnastics in Tokyo and either one could not, or I was too dumb to figure it out.
Yes if you have a Peacock subscription.

On another note, anyone know how to watch "Olympic Ice"? Has it started, & can it be seen on Peacock? I looked on the app today & didn't see anything about the show. Thanks.

Allskate

Have any of you been able to download a Peacock app on your Amazon Fire TV stick? I have tried multiple times and just can't find the app when I do a search for it. I'm wondering if that's because I have an older Fire TV stick or if there just isn't an app for the Amazon fire stick. I can watch Peacock on my tablet or laptop, but would prefer to be able to watch on tv.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Have any of you been able to download a Peacock app on your Amazon Fire TV stick? I have tried multiple times and just can't find the app when I do a search for it. I'm wondering if that's because I have an older Fire TV stick or if there just isn't an app for the Amazon fire stick. I can watch Peacock on my tablet or laptop, but would prefer to be able to watch on tv.
It's definitely on it, but I don't know whether older versions update in the same manner.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Peacock is showing all Olympic sports live. Of course, you can only watch one at a time but for hard-core fans of a sport, it's awesome to be able to see everything for that sport.

Except they are advertising that there is commentary on the Team Event Day 1 box and it turns out that we Premium users still get ads (it's an extra $5/month to get rid of ads) so even though it was dead easy to find everything and all the times are correct for my local time, I am still somewhat annoyed. I'll probably get over it once the skating starts. Unless the commentary is inane.

Sylvia

TBD
https://www.peacocktv.com/olympics

Does Peacock Premium show ads during the Winter Olympics?

Yes, Peacock Premium shows limited ads during the Winter Olympics. Please note that if you upgrade to our Premium Plus plan to remove ads across the Peacock experience, there will still be some ads during Winter Olympics coverage due to streaming rights.

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
My Fire stick is at least 3 years old, and I've been able to download the app.

Susan1

Since I can't post in the Olympics threads, I will just say here that I can't read the names and scores and things with the gray backgrounds. All I can read is the GOE number with the green background. We've got a little strip of weather information scrolling at the bottom of the screen that is white on blue and a closings strip above that that is blue on white. I can see those just fine.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I was disappointed that Peacock showed the NBC coverage 100%. Tirico, Guthrie and the two political talking heads. Why bother?

At least Peacock’s coverage of fs team event is comment-less so far. Woohoo!

Frau Muller

There was more than one stream
Where? I spent five min searching for another….in “Olympics” and elsewhere on their dashboard…didn’t want to waste more time so I got out of Peacock and went to regular NBC, since I was being forced to watch the same Shiite. I can’t wait for Worlds to come & go, so that I will drop Peacock - and Comcast - altogether.

tony

Where? I spent five min searching for another….in “Olympics” and elsewhere on their dashboard…
:lol: in the figure skating tab within the Olympics it was all set up very nicely for the last week.

Peacock has the NBC version for events that are running at the same time but those say primetime, late night, etc coverage.

Frau Muller

:lol: in the figure skating tab within the Olympics it was all set up very nicely for the last week.

Peacock has the NBC version for events that are running at the same time but those say primetime, late night, etc coverage.

I set the Opening Ceremony (and all else) on “My Stuff” a week ago….and the Tirico crap appeared this morn! However, last night’s TE1 was fine…a true, no-comment alternative to Johnny-Tara.

tony

I set the Opening Ceremony (and all else) on “My Stuff” a week ago….and the Tirico crap appeared this morn! However, last night’s TE1 was fine…a true, no-comment alternative to Johnny-Tara.
Okay, my mistake on that one because I didn't watch NBC for team event last night and didn't know if your description was from that. AFAIK the opening ceremony only had live broadcast coverage and it'll have the primetime coverage later today as well.

For anyone else, figure skating (non-commentary, WITH ADS regardless) links are here:

Seerek

The good news based on gymnastics broadcasts is that Olly will likely keep quiet during the performances. He's fairly likeable IMO and should genuinely enjoy the job (his tweet says he's a big fan of the sport). Just be prepared for a lot of Dad-joke puns when introducing the competition. :p

That said even if he's followed the sport and prepared ahead of time, he can't be expected to provide expert analysis unfortunately.

Olly is paired up with the very experienced Belinda Noonan for the international feed.

DreamSkates

I haven’t given up on no commentary. How about the nbcolympics.com feed? For the summer Olympics regular and rhythmic gymnastics, there were no-comment options at many events.
I watched it live. No commentary but there were ads. Watched a replay and there was commentary with the replay.

Frau Muller

I watched it live. No commentary but there were ads. Watched a replay and there was commentary with the replay.

And that’s why I try to catch these Peacock Olympic world feeds live, if at all possible!
Too, they tend to insert more ads during replays (summer Olympics gymnastics experience)…even in the middle of routines…sporadically. For ex, I missed almost an entire balance beam routine: gymnast mounts the beam, sudden cut to an ad, the ad ends as gymnast dismounts the beam!!!!!!!!! They didn’t even have the decency to pause the routine, run the ad, then pick up the routine. So you’re all forewarned - try to watch the Peacock Olympic shows live.

Allskate

My Fire stick is at least 3 years old, and I've been able to download the app.
Mine is much older than that. The app doesn't even show up as an option when I search for Peacock. And when I download it to the cloud and try to sync it with mire Fire stick, I still can't get it. I think I might need a new one. Or just watch it on my laptop, which is set up on a standing desk and keeps me from sitting on my butt for so many hours. :D

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Mine is much older than that. The app doesn't even show up as an option when I search for Peacock. And when I download it to the cloud and try to sync it with mire Fire stick, I still can't get it. I think I might need a new one. Or just watch it on my laptop, which is set up on a standing desk and keeps me from sitting on my butt for so many hours. :D
If you have an HDMI cable or pick up one at a store you can hook up your laptop to your TV and the display will transfer to your TV screen.

Allskate

If you have an HDMI cable or pick up one at a store you can hook up your laptop to your TV and the display will transfer to your TV screen.
Thanks. My living room isn't set up well for that and I'm not sure my tv has enough HDMI outlets, but it's something to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information