Peacock Will Stream All NBCUniversal Coverage Of Beijing Olympics, Including Live Events, Via Premium Tier

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Will Peacock broadcasting/dreaming have commentation? I assume it will.

Edited- I just saw above that yes it will have commentation, OK cool

I can’t believe the team event starts in mere days. Has it been announced anywhere who will be part of the teams?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Will Peacock broadcasting/dreaming have commentation? I assume it will.

Edited- I just saw above that yes it will have commentation, OK cool

I can’t believe the team event starts in mere days. Has it been announced anywhere who will be part of the teams?
The Qualification for the TE thread in Great Skate Debate is the center for all FSU speculation on TE participants from different countries, lol.

DreamSkates

Peacock's Olympics page for now: https://www.peacocktv.com/sports/olympics

Peacock's Figure Skating Schedule page: https://www.peacocktv.com/sports/olympics/schedule/figure-skating

I can find Olympic figure skating "tiles" if I search for them, but don't see a "hub" for them... and they aren't with the figure skating hub, at least not yet. For instance, here's the Team Event day one tile: https://www.peacocktv.com/watch/asset/sports/team-event-day-1/edb24c47-0206-3c1d-97d5-33f12259fbf9

I also see USA and NBC broadcasts listed. I assume there will be one page where they list all the Olympics broadcasts eventually. And remember that Peacock often changes their times or even lists the wrong times, etc.
They've updated for Figure Skating. When I signed into Peacock, I clicked the Figure Skating icon, and all the "tiles" were up.

BaileyCatts

Dammit why can't they have Olympic Ice on USA too so I can at least DVR it. Have to work and I don't have sound on my computer at work. :wuzrobbed How you get sound on a desktop computer? Do I have to just click something that maybe I don't have clicked? I will totally sneak this if I can get sound.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Dammit why can't they have Olympic Ice on USA too so I can at least DVR it. Have to work and I don't have sound on my computer at work. :wuzrobbed How you get sound on a desktop computer? Do I have to just click something that maybe I don't have clicked? I will totally sneak this if I can get sound.
You don't have Peacock? (I know we've talked about this, but I forget)

BaileyCatts

I will sign up and get it if I can figure out how I can listen on my computer at work. Biggest problem is I gotta be at work at 10am when Olympic Ice will be on. :( Now that I know USA will show full event skating, at least I can DVR the early morning stuff. But I wanna see Olympic Ice too. :drama:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I will sign up and get it if I can figure out how I can listen on my computer at work. Biggest problem is I gotta be at work at 10am when Olympic Ice will be on. :( Now that I know USA will show full event skating, at least I can DVR the early morning stuff. But I wanna see Olympic Ice too. :drama:
They let you stream from their web page. I don't know if you have to have premium for that though since it never lets me log in.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I haven’t given up on no commentary. How about the nbcolympics.com feed? For the summer Olympics regular and rhythmic gymnastics, there were no-comment options at many events.

clairecloutier

I didn't know where else to share this, so I'll just put it here.

This is an article about how Peacock is doing as a business:

To sum up, Peacock is steadily gaining in subscribers but still may not be earning huge revenue.

I'm interested in this because I do really appreciate all the coverage on Peacock, and I'd really like to see it continue past this Olympic season.

A.H.Black

Olympic Ice will most likely be archived so if you find a way to get it, you can watch later.

Cherub721

YEAH!
I'm looking to sign up this week.... how bad are the commercials on the $5 tier when it comes to skating?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Just an FYI, when NBC's platform was still NBCOlympics.com last summer there WERE commercials. I don't know that I would expect there to be no commercials, even on the $5 tier, during the Olympics.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Just an FYI, when NBC's platform was still NBCOlympics.com last summer there WERE commercials. I don't know that I would expect there to be no commercials, even on the $5 tier, during the Olympics.
I don't think they have the technical ability to insert commercials into the World feed. That's why we haven't been getting them until now.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Nbcolympics.com live world feed from the Tokyo Olympics had commercials only at the start, when one clicked on the icon (tile) at the start. BUT in the couple of instances when I watched the replays, ads were inserted randomly, sometimes in the middle of gym routines!!!! So I learned to never miss the live feed of my fave events. Lots of caffeine intake required.

Sylvia

TBD

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
That doesn't mean it will be the feed that Peacock uses. But it's not looking good...

The good news based on gymnastics broadcasts is that Olly will likely keep quiet during the performances. He's fairly likeable IMO and should genuinely enjoy the job (his tweet says he's a big fan of the sport). Just be prepared for a lot of Dad-joke puns when introducing the competition. :p

That said even if he's followed the sport and prepared ahead of time, he can't be expected to provide expert analysis unfortunately.

jeffisjeff

Not Peacock, but Olympics related. We don't have cable anymore, so my husband signed up for YouTube TV for the football season. We'll keep it through February for the OOOOOs. When I turned on YouTube TV yesterday, up popped the option to have it automatically record whatever Olympic sports coverage I wanted. I selected FS, and am hoping that means they will record everything regardless of what channel it actually airs on. But in any case, that was very convenient.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
My constant Peacock-refreshing to see if they're showing practices is really getting in the way of getting my work done. ;-)

Yeah I thought @Karen-W Had mentioned something about peacock and practices but I went on Peacock clicked on the tabs Olympics and sports and the first thing that they list is for the team event tomorrow at 5:55 PM my time. I don’t see any thing about practice sessions

Wow the team event starts in less than 24 hours and you don’t even know who’s doing it yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information