Papadakis/Cizeron #8 - Oh Lover Hold On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enchanted

Since the off-season is about to start, here’s the show schedule known at the moment.

Stars on Ice April 28 in Ottawa
Stars on Ice May 1 in Laval
Yu-Na Kim’s show June 6-8 in Seoul

There’s also the training camp in UK with Lewis Gibson but that’s probably not open to the public.

Nice Stars on Ice bio for them.

laviemn

You all weren't kidding when you said Guillaume was really feeling it in the FD here. Took the dance to a new level. To think I was so disappointed when they chose this music, and now I'm sad there aren't more performances to see it develop more.

Glimpse of the new ex. The 20 seconds of the music is giving me James Gruntz vibes though...:shuffle:
https://twitter.com/FSIgstories/status/1116943552662188032

Synchro: Team Marie-Universe
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwMEaX6nBZB/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwMAMN8HlTv/

Look at that gorgeous shape
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwJqcKVHiSn/

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
They have chosen an organisation called Premiers de Cordee. The money was apparently offered (?) to them by the FDJ.
IMO it's an excellent choice. Premiers de Cordée ("leaders of the climb party") is a non profit organization promoting sports for hospitalized children and raising awareness for disabled kids. One of their sponsors/patrons is Nathalie Péchalat (along with soccer player Kylian Mbappé).

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Translation from the interview linked above. The first part is just a summary of her career which we obviously all know by heart in this thread or you get kicked out :D:

What does Feminism mean to you ?
I've always considered myself feminist because fighting for gender equality seems first and foremost plain common sense. Slut-shaming and sexism within sexuality in general truly affected and revolted me when I was a teenager. I've started to dive into feminism a bit deeper quite recently, to research, read feminist books ... I think we still have quite a way to go and I'd like to think I can play some sort of part in it.
Who are the women who inspire and motivate you ?
They are absolutely everywhere! Whether they are famous or women I cross path with in the subway. Inspiration comes from everywhere! First my mother, who has always encouraged my sister and I to be strong, independent. All the single mothers I've encountered in my life. Athletes, writers, businesswomen, all the women I witnessed saying "F*ck" to social pressure. I like Frida Kahlo, Françoise Simpere, Samantha in Sex and the City, and nowadays, Jameela Jamil who is killing it on social media. I'm also inspired by men who say "f*ck* to male ideals and who are not afraid to take part and fight.

Last edited:

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
Translation from the interview linked above. The first part is just a summary of her career which we obviously all know by heart in this thread or you get kicked out :D:

I've always considered myself feminist because fighting for gender equality seems first and foremost plain common sense. Slut-shaming and sexism within sexuality in general truly affected and revolted me when I was a teenager. I've started to dive into feminism a bit deeper quite recently, to research, read feminists books ... I think we still have quite a way to go and I'd like to think I can play some sort of part in it.
They are absolutely everywhere! Whether they are famous or women I cross path with in the subway. Inspiration comes from everywhere! First my mother, who has always encouraged my sister and I to be strong, independent. All the single mothers I've encountered in my life. Athletes, writers, businesswomen, all the women I witnessed say "F*ck" to social pressure. I like Frida Kahlo, Françoise Simpere, Samantha in Sex and the City, and nowadays, Jameela Jamil whose killing it on social media. I'm also inspired by men who say "f*ck* to male ideals and who are not afraid to take part and fight.

Thank you for translating the last piece! I wasn't exactly sure what the appropriate English idiom would be for her use of ravages, but 'killing it' makes total sense.

Gabby has good taste. Jameela is great.

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
Maybe it has already been said (in this case, my apology) but since Gabriella is posting on Insta from Tokyo, I guess we know why they are not skating @ Paris gala "Stars de la Glace" ;) I'm a bit sorry I won't see them but I understand the need for good money, something a French club can clearly not provide.

Enchanted

Gabriella seems to be posting from Tokyo but Guillaume is probably in Montreal as he posted a story with his dog.

Viscaro

That was brutally honest. It made me sad for them even though I do not want to rewrite history and I am really proud of them. I know the feeling when something happens and it’s no one's fault, you do not want to feel sad, but yet you are.

Last edited:

Orm Irian

Very honest and very precise. Having taken a while to process events before speaking about them, they were very good at articulating the mixed emotions around the whole event and the lead up to it, and the competitive mindset in the moment and how it's a bit different from your everyday existence.

dramagrrl

I can just imagine what posters here would say if any of P/C's competitors came out with an article in which they said they actively sat backstage and wished that P/C would make errors in their program so they (the competing team) would win. I'm pretty sure "honest" would not be the word that would be used. :rolleyes:

escaflowne9282

Reformed Manspreader
I can just imagine what posters here would say if any of P/C's competitors came out with an article in which they said they actively sat backstage and wished that P/C would make errors in their program so they (the competing team) would win. I'm pretty sure "honest" would not be the word that would be used. :rolleyes:
Speaking for myself, it probably wouldn't bother me. I don't expect that a direct rival isn't going to have those thoughts on some level.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Let's not pretend those athletes are saints. They are humans, super humans/Olympians with motivation of steel but still humans. I also wouldn't have mind if V/M had come out and give the exact same interview tbh. Nothing was said that was disrespectful, they said it was not about their main competitors but about them having a hard time accepting the situation. I'd take interviews like these a hundred times over instead of one more PC one with scripted answers we've already heard over and over again.

Last edited:

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
They're athletes. Of course they want to win. VM or any other team would honestly say the same damn thing so I wouldn't criticize PC for what they are saying in this interview. They both are some of the best ice dancers we have EVER seen and I feel privileged to have watched them both compete. I can't imagine the whirlwind of emotions they must have felt, it sounds so hard.

laviemn

I thought after the social media harassment Gabriella has experienced in the last 2 years, especially after she said Latin on ice can look cheap if done poorly, she might be more cautious in interviews, and maybe fearful of making a bad impression. But she only seems more emboldened to speak her mind and eff the judgment of strangers. Good for her. Give me someone who's not afraid to show that they're a complicated human being over someone who only offers platitudes any day.

Finnice

I've always considered myself feminist because fighting for gender equality seems first and foremost plain common sense. Slut-shaming and sexism within sexuality in general truly affected and revolted me when I was a teenager. I've started to dive into feminism a bit deeper quite recently, to research, read feminist books ... I think we still have quite a way to go and I'd like to think I can play some sort of part in it.
They are absolutely everywhere! Whether they are famous or women I cross path with in the subway. Inspiration comes from everywhere! First my mother, who has always encouraged my sister and I to be strong, independent. All the single mothers I've encountered in my life. Athletes, writers, businesswomen, all the women I witnessed saying "F*ck" to social pressure. I like Frida Kahlo, Françoise Simpere, Samantha in Sex and the City, and nowadays, Jameela Jamil who is killing it on social media. I'm also inspired by men who say "f*ck* to male ideals and who are not afraid to take part and fight.
Just when I thought I could not love her more... She is not only a great skater but also an intelligent and lovely person!

Sylvia

TBD
Gabriella has responded to "fan backlash" in 3 tweets today: https://twitter.com/GabriellaPks/status/1120989375997841410
I am very sorry to anyone who misunderstood/mistranslated anything I said in the last interview for Radio-Canada. We only have huge respect for anyone involved in everything that happened last season. Coaches and opponents. As we said, it's no one's fault, and it was hard for everybody.
We have been given the opportunity to talk freely about our part of the story, what it's really like to be a competitive athlete, behind the glam and all the "perfect". We all have doubts, we all have insecurities and being at that level means we need to face them way more intensely. We are all human. And if you do not speak french fluently, please do not base your opinion on translations. Some things just don't translate. <3

VGThuy

I'm pretty sure it would be for most posters. The only difference would be with some posters who are ubers or bigger fans of another team and had they done that then they'd be defending that team, and vice versa.

Meoima

She’s a nice girl. I am not here to say she should play political correctness. The thing is, when she says that, it’s inevitable some people will take her words negatively. Just accept it as it is. People who love her will always love her, people who don’t will always not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information