Papadakis/Cizeron #8 - Oh Lover Hold On

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
So apparently from that long TV interview given by Eteri Tutberidze she declared her favorite couple was Gaby and Guillaume. I don't speak Russian and there are no sub, I got the info from a comment on instagram under that infamous Oniceperspectives video. I can cleary hear the word "dance" by the speaker and her answering Papadakis and Cizeron. So I guess this is true. For some reason it surprises me because her girls are jumping beans and the artistry is not always here imo. I would have expected her to go for a more athletic couple.

muffinplus

So apparently from that long TV interview given by Eteri Tutberidze she declared her favorite couple was Gaby and Guillaume. I don't speak Russian and there are no sub, I got the info from a comment on instagram under that infamous Oniceperspectives video. I can cleary hear the word "dance" by the speaker and her answering Papadakis and Cizeron. So I guess this is true. For some reason it surprises me because her girls are jumping beans and the artistry is not always here imo. I would have expected her to go for a more athletic couple.

Yep. The question was "who are the best ever in each discipline for you"...

Bigbird

Yep. The question was "who are the best ever in each discipline for you"...

The hate must be blinding. Eteri's girls are always supremely packaged. It's the one's who cannot master her choreography that look like jumping beans. When you contemplate Kamila and Kostornaya etc., you cannot say that artistry is not important for Eteri, she demands a balance between artistry and technique. What would be more apt to say is that the talent is lacking and needs development.

cocotaffy

The hate must be blinding. Eteri's girls are always supremely packaged. It's the one's who cannot master her choreography that look like jumping beans. When you contemplate Kamila and Kostornaya etc., you cannot say that artistry is not important for Eteri, she demands a balance between artistry and technique. What would be more apt to say is that the talent is lacking and needs development.
No hate on my part, I just don't follow as closely singles and first girl coming to mind is Zagitova whose artistry doesn't impress me so much. But I'll take your word for it, and I'll check those two skaters.

Isabelle.G

muffinplus

No hate on my part, I just don't follow as closely singles and first girl coming to mind is Zagitova whose artistry doesn't impress me so much. But I'll take your word for it, and I'll check those two skaters.

You should watch Kostornaia (last year's short/long programs and this year's short) and Scherbakova (her short program this year... ). Shcherbakova is very musical. Valieva I'm personally yet to warm up to...

sharsk8s

I too was surprised. I thought she would say one of the 90s russian ice dance pairs. In the 2017 GPF final you can see many of her girls watching the ice dance event including p/c and someone posted pictures of her watching the FD at worlds this year with alina and their other coaches so I guess she keeps up to date with ice dance. Although I don't love all her coaching techniques it is a great compliment none the less.

laviemn

I think most coaches and choreographers watch ice dance for artistic inspiration. Benoit Richaud said he always watches all the ice dance but not all the programs in the disciplines where he does his choreo. It's also obvious when ice dance impacts the rest of the sport; fans were begging skaters to stop using To Build a Home this season.

ETA: If you think Eteri is an unlikely P/C fan, Tom Zakrajsek is as well. He's the last coach I would guess would be drawn to them.

And this is exactly the type of filming I'd like to see all Gabi and Guillaume's performance videos to be. Because sometimes as great shots as we get, there are still some small yet very important parts missing to the viewers as the camera does not zoom in or, for some very strange reason, prefers the bird-eye perspective.

Tanith actually complained on air during 2017 Worlds when the camera cut to a broader view because she said she knew she was missing something special! :lol:

Last edited:

cocotaffy

Their WTT RD performance, not as sharp as Worlds but still damn good. And why how earth Gaby isn't the captain of the French team. James really pales in comparison to her bubbliness and plus that beret is just :swoon::swoon::swoon: Very cliché but she pulls if off beautifully. And Guillaume in a tutu, now that, I want next year maybe in the RD.

ETA: this pose though people say this lift is easy but that shot shows the balance point for him is not that easy. But the key as always is Gaby's interpretation and her total abandon to the moment and the music.
And on this twitter account you can witness Gaby's goofiness but also many other fun moments in the K&C for all the teams.

Last edited:

Bigbird

Their WTT RD performance, not as sharp as Worlds but still damn good. And why how earth Gaby isn't the captain of the French team. James really pales in comparison to her bubbliness and plus that beret is just :swoon::swoon::swoon: Very cliché but she pulls if off beautifully. And Guillaume in a tutu, now that, I want next year maybe in the RD.

ETA: this pose though people say this lift is easy but that shot shows the balance point for him is not that easy. But the key as always is Gaby's interpretation and her total abandon to the moment and the music.
And on this twitter account you can witness Gaby's goofiness but also many other fun moments in the K&C for all the teams.

Maybe age before goofiness :) I'm sure she'll have an opportunity and it'll be really something.

EDIT: Just saw the correction, did not know that she already had this honour.

Last edited:

laviemn

I'm going to wuzrob Gabi in particular if they don't win the spirit award, but all of Team France is a joy at this event.

"We are ready...to fight for that third place! Yeesss!"
https://papciz-gram.tumblr.com/post/184105139900/11042019-from-isufigureskatings-instagram

If you've ever wanted to see Guillaume smacking Morgan's tutu-covered ass with a tiny tambourine, enjoy.
https://papciz-gram.tumblr.com/post/184105252891/11042019-from-gabriella-papadakis-instagram

Meryl Davis wants to see the teal tango dress again, and Gabi assures her it'll be put to good use.
https://twitter.com/xoxomyseries/status/1116300265878171648

cocotaffy

Is it possible to be better than Worlds? I will have to watch later...

Now I have a GIF in my head of Gabriella in the teal dress opening the door and Uber Eats driver's jaw dropping...
At least it's not only my own interpretation, apparently Gaby said she felt more relaxed and performed better than at Worlds and so she was happy it was reflected in the scores. Personally, I noticed more of a difference in Guillaume who snapped his movements with much more emphasis, it's quite clear in the replays of their choreographic step sequence, he really went for it.
The French team was really on with their shenanigans during Men
https://twitter.com/diodio0013tw/status/1116649101695668225

Bigbird

At least it's not only my own interpretation, apparently Gaby said she felt more relaxed and performed better than at Worlds and so she was happy it was reflected in the scores. Personally, I noticed more of a difference in Guillaume who snapped his movements with much more emphasis, it's quite clear in the replays of their choreographic step sequence, he really went for it.
The French team was really on with their shenanigans during Men
https://twitter.com/diodio0013tw/status/1116649101695668225

Gabi is just hilarious. Haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information