Papadakis/Cizeron #10 - Waacking All The Way To Beijing

Status
Not open for further replies.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
They're currently in 10th place in the ISU rankings, the last spot for the penultimate Group. Smart & Diaz are one spot below them, and need to compete at Euros to make the Olympic Team for Spain. They could bump P&C out of that group. This could depress their PCS enough to make the competition at the Olys closer than they want.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
They're currently in 10th place in the ISU rankings, the last spot for the penultimate Group. Smart & Diaz are one spot below them, and need to compete at Euros to make the Olympic Team for Spain. They could bump P&C out of that group. This could depress their PCS enough to make the competition at the Olys closer than they want.

Nah, Hurtado / Khaliavin is 9th right now and either H/K or S/D won't be at the Olympics.

Andrea82

But Hurtado/Khaliavin are ahead of them. And both Spanish teams won't be there. So even if S/D pass P/C, they will be 10th among OG entries.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Don't really understand the European crown/OGM relation here some are bellyaching about? :confused:

On the topic, I think P/C are safe. Their scoring has proved they are not in danger. I think they just need to be foot perfect in the SD, since there's no chance they'll be in the final group anymore.

I think they're safe, too. Every single top team seemingly gave up by showing up this year with supremely mediocre programs. (Save Chock/Bates, if we consider them podium challengers)

S&K will probably enjoy their cake walk Euro title, though they can't be in great shape to pull out of nationals. If they compete, I'd love to see other teams close the gap on their scores, as they should. I'm ready for an end to holding up Russia's "traditional" team. :rolleyes:

Really pleased P&C are being smart, and that the IAM team is using extreme caution. It's just a few months for something their skaters have worked years for as-is.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Do any of you really expect SinKats to show at Euros after Nikita's back forced them to withdraw from Russians? Honestly, I think that PapCiz's withdrawal will pave the way for several other top teams to withdraw, most importantly, SinKats. If there isn't a faceoff to be had between them and PapCiz then there is no upside to them risking further injury to Nikita's back by competing at Euros.

PapCiz are going to be fine heading into Beijing.

Last edited:

Hanna

Skating junkie
Don't really understand the European crown/OGM relation here some are bellyaching about? :confused:
Of course a European title won't guarantee you anything but I feel like over the years I've often been naive to think that things like momentum never play a role in ice dance. But more than a European title, I wish that they didn't now end up going to Beijing with such a break from competing, especially since the GPF got cancelled (at least they had French Nats but that's of course a little different). It's always a bit of an adjustment getting back on competitive ice when there's been a break. At least it's only 2-2.5 months but then again in the middle of the season, that's more than is usual. In one of the fall interviews they specifically mentioned that they want to get back to the routine of competing because it's something that is very important.

In any case, I want to stay positive and believe that they will still come to Beijing in absolute top shape and present us the best they ever did. :kickass:

Do any of your really expect SinKats to show at Euros after Nikita's back forced them to withdraw from Russians? Honestly, I think that PapCiz's withdrawal will pave the way for several other top teams to withdraw, most importantly, SinKats. If there isn't a faceoff to be had between them and PapCiz then there is no upside to them risking further injury to Nikita's back by competing at Euros.
Interesting, I could see it being this way (especially considering his injury) but then again, I could also see them now definitely wanting to go to Euros to get what is probably an easy title.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Interesting, I could see it being this way (especially considering his injury) but then again, I could also see them now definitely wanting to go to Euros to get what is probably an easy title.
Well, sure, but they were on their way to an easy Russian title a couple weeks ago and we all saw how that turned out. I'm not sure I'd risk going and possibly losing to GuiFab or, worse yet, re-aggravating my back injury. SinKats have just as much reason to withdraw from Euros as PapCiz, IMO.

And, I do think it is wise for PapCiz to have withdrawn. Traveling to Tallinn just isn't worth it when they have to worry about getting into Beijing in another 3 weeks. I hope that the French IOC has kitted them out already and they don't need to fly back to Paris unnecessarily before they leave for the Olympics.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Do any of you really expect SinKats to show at Euros after Nikita's back forced them to withdraw from Russians? Honestly, I think that PapCiz's withdrawal will pave the way for several other top teams to withdraw, most importantly, SinKats. If there isn't a faceoff to be had between them and PapCiz then there is no upside to them risking further injury to Nikita's back by competing at Euros.

PapCiz are going to be fine heading into Beijing.
I think it may be wise for S/K to withdraw from the Europeans. At this point in time the European title doesn't mean much, with the Olympics just a few weeks later. I am sure they want to compete and medal there.
Perhaps all medal contenders at Euros should follow P/C and make wise decisions.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
In the last episode of the edge, Madison mentioned the last time before *** crisis that they competed against P/C saying Gabi nearly face planted. I believe GPF 2019 was the competition yet I cannot see when Gabi nearly face planted.

Miloune

In the last episode of the edge, Madison mentioned the last time before *** crisis that they competed against P/C saying Gabi nearly face planted. I believe GPF 2019 was the competition yet I cannot see when Gabi nearly face planted.
She stumbled at the end of a twizzle in the midline step sequence. Not a fall per se, and they lost levels for it (logically). If you want there's a thread dedicated to the series in Great Skate debate thread where it has been discussed.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
She stumbled at the end of a twizzle in the midline step sequence. Not a fall per se, and they lost levels for it (logically). If you want there's a thread dedicated to the series in Great Skate debate thread where it has been discussed.
Yes ok thanks I just watch the twizzles not the rest but it was indeed a big one in the midline.

Fadeevfanboy

Watching S&K now (and clearly he is still struggling with back issues and concerns), I really don't think P&C have anything to worry about for the Olympics from any main competitor. I think their biggest competition at the Olympics will be themselves and completing their long awaited goal.

Miloune

escaflowne9282

Reformed Manspreader
Watching S&K now (and clearly he is still struggling with back issues and concerns), I really don't think P&C have anything to worry about for the Olympics from any main competitor. I think their biggest competition at the Olympics will be themselves and completing their long awaited goal.
Don't jinx them! You never know what the judges may have up their sleeves, nor what may happen on the day. They need to be clean and focused.

bcash

France TV did a little piece on P/C preparing for Olympics. Nothing really new but still more interesting than what saw until now in the On Edge series haha. Sorry for English speakers, it's in French.
Looks like they are sticking with the stationary lift for the RD, if this was filmed very recently. Still very curious about what they will do with the straight-line lift in the FD and with the transitions throughout the program. Hoping for nice surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information