Papadakis/Cizeron #10 - Waacking All The Way To Beijing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcash

If you set your VPN to Australia (specifically Sydney on mine), you can find P/C's RD and FD in full on the official Olympics channel (the FD has two versions, one shorter, one more extended to include the full kiss and cry). All without commentary. Nice clean recordings to have on file. I'm interested in hearing the commentary for the world stream though, with the Australian lady.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
If you set your VPN to Australia (specifically Sydney on mine), you can find P/C's RD and FD in full on the official Olympics channel (the FD has two versions, one shorter, one more extended to include the full kiss and cry). All without commentary. Nice clean recordings to have on file. I'm interested in hearing the commentary for the world stream though, with the Australian lady.
You can get it if you set your VPN to Canada.

Orm Irian

This tumblr post includes an embedded YouTube video of an interview Gabriella did recently (after the Olympics) with Rainbows & Orgasms on the subject of 'being queer in sport'. For those of us whose French listening skills aren't up to this level, the tumblr poster provides a brief summary in English which makes it clear why it's Gabi doing this interview on this topic.

Suffice to say that anyone who follows Gabi's instagram has probably picked up on the fact that she doesn't consider herself to be straight by now, though. :)

Viscaro

This article was published a week ago in a French newspaper and talks about the level of stress everyone was feeling, including Péchalat and the paper author (who was feeling the same thing as many of us did in this thread haha) : https://www-20minutes-fr.translate....l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=fr&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Quotes from it Google Translated :
In the stressed family, we ask for the final boss, Nathalie Péchalat. In tears in front of us (an hour after the judges' verdict), the president of the ice sports federation admits that she did not manage to "appreciate the program on an emotional level". “I was too focused on technique. I was like that [she mimes the pen ticking boxes]: one element passed, two elements passed, green light, green light. I was finally able to enjoy the last ten seconds. »

But back to our two champions of the day. Once quietly posed in the mixed zone, when one of our colleagues pointed out to them the level of tension of the entire French clan, delegation and journalists included, Gabriella Papadakis laughed. “Bah go ahead, go in our place, I swear you weren't stressed out there! ". If the two skaters agree that this free program was nothing like a bike ride on the heights of Ajaccio (yes, sorry but after three weeks of freezing, we dream of sun, heat and of cicadas), it was nothing compared to their first visit three days earlier.

“For the short program we were ten times more stressed , observes Guillaume Cizeron. I had never felt that, I wanted to vomit, I had relents…”. Gabriella Papadakis cuts it off: “And I really thought I was going to faint from stress, I had never experienced that in my 17-year career! ". Indeed, this "washing machine of emotion", as the 27-year-old skater says, is the result of four complicated years during which they went through just about every possible and imaginable emotion. Personal doubts about their desire to put the cover back after Pyeongchang, questioning, confinement not very well experienced and trips/competitions canceled due to Papdakis' visa problem, nothing was spared them.

Former Lurve Goddess

This tumblr post includes an embedded YouTube video of an interview Gabriella did recently (after the Olympics) with Rainbows & Orgasms on the subject of 'being queer in sport'. For those of us whose French listening skills aren't up to this level, the tumblr poster provides a brief summary in English which makes it clear why it's Gabi doing this interview on this topic.

Suffice to say that anyone who follows Gabi's instagram has probably picked up on the fact that she doesn't consider herself to be straight by now, though. :)
Merci for posting this!

text_skate

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
If you read the entire comment, you can see that she is homophobic.
Yes it was my take on it but I still prefer asking people who speaks the language because things can get lost in translation. Then this is a right shame. You can dislike P/C style, music choices and many more but saying they lack soul and feelings is just BS.

skatfan

Escarbille

Bigbird

Gabriella and Guillaume talking about waacking (Eurosport France, may need a VPN).
Their media tour must be endless, they look tired.
I hope they get to rest soon and prepare for worlds.

GreenGan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information