Papadakis/Cizeron #10 - Waacking All The Way To Beijing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
According to Paul Peret, with the conclusion of their Olympic FD, P/C have amassed 600 perfect 10s in Program Components in their career.

Now that the dust has settled, let's discuss the little changes they've made to this program and your impressions of them as performed here in Beijing!
You read my mind as I was coming here to comment on his red outfit which to my own surprised, I really liked here. Adding this gold undertone was exactly what was missing. It popped and contrasted very well with her outfit and the ice giving a less mournful and more vibrant energy. It also channeled the tones of Klimt's famous piece The Kiss very fitting for Fauré imo. Ok this was only chiffon, next I'll talk about the programs.

Miloune

You read my mind as I was coming here to comment on his red outfit which to my own surprised, I really liked here. Adding this gold undertone was exactly what was missing. It popped and contrasted very well with her outfit and the ice giving a less mournful and more vibrant energy. It also channeled the tones of Klimt's famous piece The Kiss very fitting for Fauré imo. Ok this was only chiffon, next I'll talk about the programs.
I thought their "dancing" pose at the end/out of the spin was just sublime, and then the arms details into the choreographic step sequence following that... Ugh, exquisite.

Last edited:

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Interesting article where the interviewer had Gaby and Guillaume rewatch their FD and ask them to comment. In French but with google translate should be fine. The most revealing part about how different competitor they are and how perfectionist is Guillaume is towards the end of the article and explains why he looked so distraught and frankly about to faint in the K&C waiting for the results.

bcash

Interesting article where the interviewer had Gaby and Guillaume rewatch their FD and ask them to comment. In French but with google translate should be fine. The most revealing part about how different competitor they are and how perfectionist is Guillaume is towards the end of the article and explains why he looked so distraught and frankly about to faint in the K&C waiting for the results.

What Gabi described was beautiful to read. Curious Guillaume said the final "elements" were not perfect. I know the last technical element -- rotational lift -- was not, but the rest were as perfect as can be to my eyes.

Former Lurve Goddess

Agree to disagree. But I just got this vibe that Patch and Marie were Team Canada and Romain Team France. And they almost did it. If I were them I would have just suffered silently and forgiven them. Nobody is perfect. Even the best of us have certain biases.
Speaking as the weirdo who loved both V&M & PC in 2018, and wanted both teams to win gold, I'd guess that Marie-France and Patrice felt similarly (but obviously way more so). Anyway, I'm 100% thrilled that P&C are now finally and deservedly OGMs.🥇

Last edited:

Peepsquick

GreenGan

This is unfortunately for the French speakers but I have never ever heard such a commentary before. You need a VPN and a good headphones as the commentator really whispers. It is on Radio Canada. It is worth it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2SLs6zJdFU&ab_channel=Radio-CanadaSports
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaNFVSWj3RD/?utm_medium=copy_link Someone made fun of this commentator with the video at the same time for those who can't make a VPN work (@Peepsquick ). It's hilarious but at the risk of sounding cheesy I must say that I got goosebumps while listenning to his comments while watching :rofl:

Miloune

Peepsquick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information