Papadakis/Cizeron #10 - Waacking All The Way To Beijing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escarbille

C/L's best score in this season was 101.89 (Euro), where P/C had trailed them by 7 points in the FD. P/C's score of 112 points required C/L to improve their SB by more than 10 points. In theory, not impossible, but in practice, the commentators anticipated, no doubt overwhelmed by PC's performance, their score and the reaction of the public. I read at the time (I don't remember where) that C/L said that it was very hard for them to pass after P/C, and the reaction of the arena.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
She’s doing the clothing line with an influencer based company from Dubai; the time and effort is really not akin to having your own fashion business. A lot of times the products are all fairly similar and only have minor color or embroidery differences between the different collaborating influencers. I assume Gabi put a little more effort into the designs than the average insta model, but her options are probably fairly limited to what Sew See You can manufacture cheaply.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Link to company she is working with for those who want to bookmark it :)

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
To build a home is very emotional but 2017 worlds FD remains my favorite performance. I love the intensity of the music and how the program builds. That first part truly stands out as something unique. Their most complex program in terms of composition though is this year's FD.

cocotaffy

BTW did someone ever explained why they only got a level 3 on that last lift ?

GreenGan

BTW did someone ever explained why they only got a level 3 on that last lift ?
I'd say it's the exit. When you look at how Gabriella lands her feet, it just goes "bam", falls on the ice and then the blade is stuck. You then see that it's not moving smoothly into the next transition before the final lift.

cocotaffy

I'd say it's the exit. When you look at how Gabriella lands her feet, it just goes "bam", falls on the ice and then the blade is stuck. You then see that it's not moving smoothly into the next transition before the final lift.
Yes it was uncharacteristically not really smooth on the landing but I was not sure that would affect the level. Having watched it many times now, it feels like a theater piece. This is the first program that give such a vibe. It brings a different dimdnsion to their interpretation.

Bigbird

Yes it was uncharacteristically not really smooth on the landing but I was not sure that would affect the level. Having watched it many times now, it feels like a theater piece. This is the first program that give such a vibe. It brings a different dimdnsion to their interpretation.
They made it work.

bcash

Hard to know what they were going for, as this was adapted from the Mozart rotational lift. I thought it kind of worked in the moment. But Guillaume did say the last elements were not perfect. Maybe he was talking about him slowing down toward the end of the lift. Only way to find out is to wait for Worlds.

Sylvia

TBD
Gabriella’s first collection is live to purchase (“available March 16th to 20 or until sold out!”): https://www.instagram.com/p/CbKlOdkORSJ/

Orm Irian

It's a nice-looking collection, and I appreciate the elements of sustainability worked into the concept (though I could wish the website were a bit more transparent about specifics)...but not buying clothes that you don't need is still the most sustainable option of all. :) Sorry, Gabi!

Sylvia

TBD
ISU's Papadakis/Cizeron article (March 16): https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/...ld-championships-on-home-ice?templateParam=15
Excerpts:
The World Championships are definitely a bonus after a great Olympic experience that is still fresh on the mind of the Skaters. It was their second appearance on Olympic ice and this time it was a bit different. “Four years ago we were a little afraid to miss training when arriving too early (at the Games). The experience four years ago has helped us a lot even though it was not perfect then,” Gabriella explained.
“This time we wanted to take in the whole experience. We arrived for the opening ceremony and left after the closing ceremony and this for sure gave us a more complete experience. We fully realized how this competition is not like other competition, that it is really unique,” she continued. Even the “bubble” situation did not take much away from the experience.
The French skating stars are not yet ready to share plans for the future. “I think we need to take a little break in order to let things settle down a bit and to know exactly what we will do,” Guillaume said. “I think right now we'll focus on our practice, because it is not so obvious to start training for the world championships. Once we get there, I think we're looking forward to the energy of the arena, to have a hopefully full audience. It will be a kind of celebration and we're happy to celebrate it with many teams from Montreal. We're not really thinking of anything else right now.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information