Pairs selection

Janef

Haven’t posted here for a long time but just wanted to chime in about the pairs. I forget who said it but I agree it was a business decision based on what reason though. R/j are not going to be competing after this most likely and w:m are the best skate Canada has based on the lack of depth and others dropping out. They truly have hung in there however they were playing a game too (Wm). Why are they only showing their best for nationals. Do they think they are a shoe in? Who knows. The whole skating program needs funding or changes from ground up (ie similar to Russia) because there will never be a level playing field internationally. It’s kind of a dying sport in Canada and elsewhere What is the incentive to stay in it anymore. Very few professional opportunities. Evelyn and Trent will not get anything beyond Olympics most likely. I think they should go. So I guess the fact Eric and Vanessa represent a political agenda. I am sorry that isn’t a great reason. Yes they do have more intricacies but Eric looks to be struggling lifting Vanessa as she is a bigger person and he is older. In the spirit of everything (including covid craziness) W and M should go for the spirit of the Olympics or what it used to represent I hope my point makes sense it’s a little jumbled

Janef

Haven’t posted here for a long time but just wanted to chime in about the pairs. I forget who said it but I agree it was a business decision based on what reason though. R/j are not going to be competing after this most likely and w:m are the best skate Canada has based on the lack of depth and others dropping out. They truly have hung in there however they were playing a game too (Wm). Why are they only showing their best for nationals. Do they think they are a shoe in? Who knows. The whole skating program needs funding or changes from ground up (ie similar to Russia) because there will never be a level playing field internationally. It’s kind of a dying sport in Canada and elsewhere What is the incentive to stay in it anymore. Very few professional opportunities. Evelyn and Trent will not get anything beyond Olympics most likely. I think they should go. So I guess the fact Eric and Vanessa represent a political agenda. I am sorry that isn’t a great reason. Yes they do have more intricacies but Eric looks to be struggling lifting Vanessa as she is a bigger person and he is older. In the spirit of everything (including ********* craziness) W and M should go for the spirit of the Olympics or what it used to represent I hope my point makes sense it’s a little jumbled
Weird the word starting in C and ending in D was made into stars like it is a vulgar word. Hopefully y’all can interpret that

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Weird the word starting in C and ending in D was made into stars like it is a vulgar word. Hopefully y’all can interpret that
Hey, Janef, very early on in the “crud times” our FSU moderators opted to treat that and a few other related words thus (*****). It’s lasted a bit longer than anyone had imagined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information