Opera Suggestions, II

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Amina Edris was fantastic this afternoon in "Antony and Cleopatra." Gerald Finley was amazing: what a wonderful actor he is, too, with that great death scene.

I really liked this opera. I'm glad it's on demand to digital ticketholders for 48 hours starting 10am tomorrow (Monday) PDT.

eusebius

Amina Edris was fantastic this afternoon in "Antony and Cleopatra." Gerald Finley was amazing: what a wonderful actor he is, too, with that great death scene.

I really liked this opera. I'm glad it's on demand to digital ticketholders for 48 hours starting 10am tomorrow (Monday) PDT.
Gotta watch this!! I hope I get home early enough tomorrow evening ...

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
but I have recently discovered Amina Edris, who will be singing Cleopatra. (She is married to Pene Pati.) I think she is a star in the making.
Edris recently won a Dora Mavor Moore Award in the Opera Division:

• Outstanding Performance by an Individual: Amina Edris, La Traviata, Canadian Opera Company Co-
    production with Houston Grand Opera and Lyric Opera of Chicago;
https://www.ludwig-van.com/toronto/2022/09/20/scoop-tapestry-opera-leads-dora-winners-2022-six-trophies/

skateboy

Hey opera friends!

Just wanted to tell all my friends in the NYC area that I will be in town and hosting my Vocal Artists Management Services (VAMS) singers in our annual FREE Artist Showcase concert at the Opera America National Opera Center on Thursday, October 20, 2022, 7:30 p.m., and I would love to see you there.

We have 16 singers performing, in various genres (Early Music, solo arias, and duets). The program will feature scenes from Suor Angelica, La Traviata, Tosca, and more. They really are fantastic and I hope you can make it.

Please message me for more information.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I had this on in the background and couldn't watch or listen to all of it live -- I needed to cook this afternoon -- but San Francisco Opera is streaming Orpheus ed Eurydice on demand starting tomorrow, Monday Nov 21 at 10am Pacific Standard Time for 48 hours for their standard streaming charge, $27.50 (no fees).

The set is sparse; the costumes are really colorful.

The Orpheus is countertenor Jakob Jozef Orlinski. Cheekbones that would cut ice. Looks great in the costume. Excellent actor. Eurydice is Meigui Zhang, who had to lie dead for 10 minutes and awoke with this contraction that takes mucho core strength. Amor is Nicole Heaston who had a wonderful entrance and costume.

emason

I also loved the subtitles; the translation in several places was slightly different from what I’ve experienced elsewhere and that made me really pay attention and follow the storyline more closely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information