OES News 2020/2021 Season

hanca

Values her privacy
How can they enforce that, once they issue a release?
Simple. The federation will make sure all coaches with top skaters are aware of this wish. Then none of the top coaches will be willing to coach him because they would be worried that their own skaters could be blacklisted. No one will want to risk it, if the federation is making decisions about things like what competitions the skaters are sent to, and also decisions who will go to Europeans, worlds and Olympics.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
They could easily have told all of the coaches in Russia without publicizing it, but I don't think Orser or Gambill or Arutunian is going to care.

hanca

Values her privacy
They could easily have told all of the coaches in Russia without publicizing it, but I don't think Orser or Gambill or Arutunian is going to care.
Of course foreign coaches will not care about what the Russian federation wants, but the Russian federation will get their way anyway. Russian federation don’t care where Samoilov will be coached, as long as it is not in Russia. So he won’t be able to benefit from the Russian system and from the Russian coaches. They did the same before the Olympics in Sochi. Foreign skaters were not allowed to be coached on the Russian rinks…

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
So he won’t be able to benefit from the Russian system and from the Russian coaches. They did the same before the Olympics in Sochi. Foreign skaters were not allowed to be coached on the Russian rinks…
Right. So all they had to say was that now he was released to skate for another country, he couldn't continue to train with coaches in Russia. That's different than "He must train in Poland."

hanca

Values her privacy
Right. So all they had to say was that now he was released to skate for another country, he couldn't continue to train with coaches in Russia. That's different than "He must train in Poland."
I don’t think they were implying that he MUST train specifically in Poland. I think it was more about not wasting their resources on those who don’t represent their country. Saying that, not sure what his financial situation is, but Poland would be probably more affordable than USA or Canada.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Samoilov got at official release from Russian Fed, but he will need to train in Poland.
According to Aleksandr Gorshkov, a skater has to train in the country he represents. :rolleyes:

I don’t think they were implying that he MUST train specifically in Poland. I think it was more about not wasting their resources on those who don’t represent their country. Saying that, not sure what his financial situation is, but Poland would be probably more affordable than USA or Canada.
I was responding to Ka3sha's post, quoted above which was pretty clear about what Gorshkov said.

ladyMccormick

New thread for (hopefully) new season :)

Article on Dzitsiuk/Pavlov's exclusion from UKR federation:
Overall the ban is seen as 'act of vengeance from Maryna Amyrkhanova' (ex coach of Pavlov as a single skater).

It's a shame that UKR is 'losing' both pairs in one season.
I always liked Pavlov's skating and hope he (same for Dzitsiuk) is able to continue his (her) career.
(still unsure about this move to pairs though :p )

Personal note:
No fan of one-sided coverage.

I need all the statistics for the 2020-2021 season for my college homework. Can anyone help with this? :2faced:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information