OES News 2020/2021 Season

J

Jeschke

New thread for (hopefully) new season :)

Article on Dzitsiuk/Pavlov's exclusion from UKR federation:
Overall the ban is seen as 'act of vengeance from Maryna Amyrkhanova' (ex coach of Pavlov as a single skater).

Kateryna and Ivan are in great shape and feel confident that other countries will appreciate their talents and hard work. Obviously, COVID-19 pandemics affected the chances to find another federation to skate for, but that’s temporary. Couple hopes to continue to skate together, but they are also open to the options where both of them will be skating with different partners and different countries.

It's a shame that UKR is 'losing' both pairs in one season.
I always liked Pavlov's skating and hope he (same for Dzitsiuk) is able to continue his (her) career.
(still unsure about this move to pairs though :p )

Personal note:
No fan of one-sided coverage.

J

Jeschke

Speaking of 🇺🇦 pairs:
Why are Nesterova/Darenskyi listed as disqulified in the Euros'20 results?
What have I missed (or forgotten)?

caseyedwards

That’s so crazy! Can’t get over how crazy that is. “Let’s appoint a coach who doesn’t know anything about pairs to pairs team, ban the real coach, when the skaters want the real coach and communicate with the real coach BAN THEM ALL!!!!!”

J

Jeschke

The re-launched version of the "independent website dedicated to Ukrainian figure skating" has published the news that Sofiia Holichenko (age 15 & Ivan Pavlov's first partner) has paired with Artem Darenskiy (18) and they will be coached by Liliya Batutina in Dnipro UKR:
Good to see one UKR team again but well, Holichenko did not look too promising back with Pavlov tbh.

And I am still curious what happened with Nesterova!

Amy L

And I am still curious what happened with Nesterova!

I'm curious too. For the past two seasons she looked constantly upset and was really a mess at every competition. Before that, she was fine and they were a fairly dependable middling-to-highish scoring pair team. Injury? Personal problems? Who knows, hopefully she'll find a solution to her problems whether or not that involves skating.

Ka3sha

Oleg Vasiliev is the new head coach of the Belarus figure skating team. He is moving there to work full-time.
Pairs team Bogdana Lukashevich/ Aleksandr Stepanov switched from Russia to Belarus

J

Jeschke

Oleg Vasiliev is the new head coach of the Belarus figure skating team. He is moving there to work full-time.
Pairs team Bogdana Lukashevich/ Aleksandr Stepanov switched from Russia to Belarus
Now this is interesting.
I wonder if any 'better' pair might switch along (or single skaters).
What will happen with Vasiliev's 'former' students?

hanca

Values her privacy
Wow, so Vasieliev got rid of all his pairs, split up everyone, (Vyslobokova-Briukhanov, Osipova-Bushlanov, Efimova-Korovin) and now he is moving to Belarus? That’s interesting. And it means that Mishina-Galiamov will not end up with him, but they will probably share Boikova-Kozlovski coaches.

hanca

Values her privacy
Wasn’t there another pair skating for Belarus? Parkman with someone?

ETA: yes, Victoria Yatsenko/Daniil Parkman switched last year to skate for Belarus. The same time as singles Miliukov and Safonova switched. We saw Safonova at Europeans, but what happened with Yatsenko/Parkman? They were coached by Vasiliev.

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
Vasiliev is talking about Belarus having four pairs, one of them is already legally sorted and the other three are in the process of transferring. I am wondering which other three pairs switched. Yatsenko/Parkman switched last year, so they could be the ones who are already sorted, so besides Lukashevich/Stepanov we are missing two more pairs who are currently transferring. Could it be Kudriavtseva/Spiridonov? We haven’t seen them for a while...

Sylvia

TBD
Anna Dušková (CZE) is retiring, according to her club’s Facebook.
According to her Instagram account, Anna had a third surgery on her right leg (knee?) back in February and has been studying medicine in Prague (this program:
https://en.lf1.cuni.cz/general-medicine-programme ). I'm glad she got to experience one Olympics and 2 Worlds, plus win Junior Worlds. :)

Her partner after Bidar, Radek Jakubka, competed in singles this past season (5th in Senior at CZE / Four Nationals 2020).

J

Jeschke

I never was particular her biggest fan, but I loved Duskova/Bidar as a team. So much promise back then.
Anna gave it a long fight! 💪
Coming back from her injury and qualifying for Olympics in that deep field 2018 was a great achievement she can be proud of!
All the best to her.

Sylvia

TBD
Alexia P. has been posting photos on her Instagram from Lausanne and elsewhere in Switzerland lately... now I get it.

Her IG Live is still going on with Lina Fedorova (linochka97).

ETA Paganini's new programs:

SP: "Caught out in the Rain" by Beth Hart, choreo. by Salome Brunner
FS: "drama" (to be revealed later), choreo. by Lambiel

Last edited:

reut

Alexia P. has been posting photos on her Instagram from Lausanne and elsewhere in Switzerland lately... now I get it.

Since January Stephane is national coach/choreographer of Swiss federation and Palladium was among the first rinks which opened after hiatus, so as far as I know skaters who are not part of 3S also trained there. But in Alexia's case apparently it was also a coaching change. :)
Both girls were lovely in this talk, I enjoyed watching it and I should say that I was really impressed by Lina's English and by her ability to translate on the fly to Russian, way to go.

J

Jeschke

It's nice to see a short clip of her skating with Jakubka.

Nice to see shoutouts in IG story (Bidar) and IG by Jakubka.
Radek found really nice words and told Anna will be his 2nd coach now and part of his team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvia

TBD
From the Netherlands federation website: https://www.schaatsen.nl/nieuws/2020/juni/kunstrijders-in-quarantaine-vanwege-coronabesmetting/
Google translated excerpts:
An athlete from one of the KNSB selections Figure Skating appears to be infected with the corona virus. She was immediately quarantined. Because she was on the ice with the KNSB selections in Belgium last weekend, another 22 figure skaters and 6 coaches will be quarantined.
The KNSB selections figure skating, which together count about forty athletes, trained since last week in Belgium. The best talents and seniors were on the ice in Mechelen on Tuesday and Thursday; last Saturday and Sunday was trained in Leuven. In the dressing rooms as well as on the ice, the figure skaters kept at least 1.5 meters apart.
One of the athletes got throat complaints during the weekend. After returning to the Netherlands, she was tested for corona on Monday. Today the result of that test was known: the skater appears to be infected. She was immediately quarantined. The other athletes and coaches have now been informed about the situation that has arisen.
The skater in question is doing well. She has not had a fever and does not feel sick, but still has to cough slightly. The KNSB does not reveal its identity for privacy reasons.
ETA that I've re-posted the above in the "... feasibility of 2020-21 skating season" GSD thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...21-skating-season.107193/page-14#post-5825818

This June 22nd article/video was about the skaters who went to Belgium for training (first chance to skate in 3 months): https://www.schaatsen.nl/nieuws/202...-op-het-ijs-je-moet-het-gevoel-weer-oppakken/
Google translated excerpts:
The KNSB searched in vain in the Netherlands for affordable training ice and so there is a temporary move to Belgium. The 17-year-old [Caya] Scheepens, who was operated on in December for a stress fracture in her ankle, carefully took her first steps on the ice before the Dutch ice rinks were closed. The comeback turned out to be short-lived, but in Mechelen she was able to fully pick up again. "After such a long time it was strange and it also takes some getting used to my skates, a lot of cramps in the beginning, but after three laps it feels like old again. Of course it would have been better if we had already skated, but it was not disappointing.
Quote from Lindsay Van Zundert, 15, who is the 2-time NED junior champion and placed 29th in the SP at 2020 Junior Worlds:
"Hopefully the Junior Grand Prix will continue, otherwise I will start at the senior races right away," said Van Zundert, who will make his senior debut this year. For Scheepens, the start was already planned in October or November. "Of course the coronavirus has some impact, because my build-up actually started earlier. But we have also left my season slightly so that I can perform well in a relatively short period of time.

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
Doping? Wrong age? What other reasons are there for disqualification?
She is 16, he is 18. They are definitely eligible for both junior and senior pairs.

What I find interesting is that it seems to be so hushed up. Usually you can find out on the internet what happened, but this time I tried to search about a month ago and didn’t find anything! And after they have been disqualified from two major international competitions, they split up and she suddenly retired. What’s going on? She might have made a mistake with taking some medication and then failed the doping test, but why is it such a secret?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information