News and updates à la Française, part trois

Dobre

I always think of all the clips we used to see of Brian working with young kids at his home rink even when he was skating. It's good to see him live out that promise and finding it fulfilling.

nimi

I assume everybody here has already heard the disturbing news around Ciprès (Brennan's article is being discussed in this GSD thread) but in other news: the lists of participants for French Nats (19.-21.12.) have appeared on the FFSG site.

Danse sur Glace
  • Adelina GALYAVIEVA / Louis THAURON
  • Natacha LAGOUGE / Arnaud CAFFA
  • Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC
  • Evgenia LOPAREVA / Geoffrey BRISSAUD
  • Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON
  • Lila-Maya SECLET MANCHOT / Renan MANCEAUX
  • Julia WAGRET / Pierre SOUQUET

Messieurs
  • Kévin AYMOZ
  • Luc ECONOMIDES
  • Yann FRECHON
  • Landry LE MAY
  • François PITOT
  • Romain PONSART
  • Adam SIAO HIM FA
  • Adrien TESSON
  • Xavier VAUCLIN
  • Philip WARREN
  • Xan ROLLS (Remp.)
  • Tom BOUVART (Remp.)
  • Davidé LEWTON BRAIN (Invité)

Dames
  • Adriana CAGNON
  • Maïa MAZZARA
  • Maé-Bérénice MEITE
  • Océane PIEGAD
  • Lorine SCHILD
  • Léa SERNA
  • Sophie SPRUNG

Couples
  • Cléo HAMON / Denys STREKALIN
  • Coline KERIVEN / Noël-Antoine PIERRE
  • Camille MENDOZA / Pavel KOVALEV

And here's TJ Carey interviewing ice dancer Théo Le Mercier, who just placed 5th at the JGPF with his partner Loïcia Demougeot:

nimi

Tavi

nimi

Hi - the FFSG link isn’t working for me - would you mind downloading or at least summarizing?
Sure! I copypasted the English version below:
The French Federation of Ice Sports (FFSG) has been made aware of the allegations aired by a journalist at the daily publication USA TODAY. A journalist who is well known throughout the skating world for scandal- related articles, in this particular case a photograph of an inappropriate nature is said to have been sent to a young female skater by Morgan Ciprès.

The FFSG has noted that the media attack has been particularly intense in its targeting of two trainers of Mr Ciprès in Sysley Chapel (Florida) : Ms Silvia Fontana and her husband Mr John Zimmermann whose results, both on the American and international stage, have attracted great admiration, as well as against a third trainer, Mr Vinny Dispenza.

Without wishing to excuse any act should it turn out to be true, the FFSG points out that it would appear to date from November 2017, and that there has been no related complaint made to the relevant authorities in the USA against Morgan Ciprès. The FFSG has therefore asked the skater in question to keep it up to date with any pertinent developments. In light of the information at its disposal, the FFSG has no cause not to place its confidence in him.

ChiquitaBanana

FFSG's press release about this was pretty much what you'd expect...

GSD thread here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...s-release-on-the-situation-12-16-2019.106562/

Does anybody have any not-bad news à la Française? I think we could use some...

Am I the only one schocked by FFSG's communique? In North America, it would be something like "we will wait for the police report" or anything low-tone. LEt justice be justice. They would look like fools if he is found guilty. They attack the journalist on which basis? They could be sued for that.

MsZem

I see the sea
Am I the only one schocked by FFSG's communique?
There's an entire thread devoted to this release:

ChiquitaBanana

There's an entire thread devoted to this release:
I am sorry, I hadn’t seen it.

Sylvia

TBD

Link to the French Nationals in Dunkerque competition thread in Kiss & Cry: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ips-in-dunkirk-dec-19-21-dunkirk-2019.106411/

Top 3 after the Ladies SP are Meite (59.44), Serna (56.69), Mazzara (56.06).
Top 4 after the Men SP are Aymoz (97.73), Siao Him Fa (87.62), Ponsart (77.26), Tesson (75.70).

Re-posting here from the Youth Olympic Games thread:
Team France [YOG selected athletes]

François Pitot

Maïa Mazzara

Célina Fradji / Jean-Hans Fourneaux (Dance)

Last edited:

nimi

I haven't had the time to watch much of the French Nats yet but I just visited the Dance Hall and... whoah. I know L/LG were having some struggles earlier this season but I wasn't expecting them to end up FOURTH here. Does this mean they won't go to Euros?

I did watch Kévin's and Romain's skates. Kévin winning his 3rd title isn't particularly newsworthy but him going for the 4S for the first time is (it was a messy 2-footed one but still, a pretty good first try). Also, Romain looks to be back on track, landing most of his jump content. Congrats to both! And to Adam obviously, who got the silver and who I think debuted a new SP? If the guys keep skating like this, France should keep the 3 Euros spots.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I don’t think they do have 3 spots, they were 4th and maybe 12th(??) last time, Adam would have needed 9th for 3 spots. Assuming Kevin could win this time, if Adam got 12th again they would get 3 which would be fantastic :) They were so close to getting 2 spots for Worlds last year, I am sure they will this time with the good PCS Kevin is now rewarded with.

Really good to see Adam had cleaner skates, his JGP season was so disappointing after making the finals last year, I was worried he wouldn’t make the Euros team.

Orm Irian

Really good to see Adam had cleaner skates, his JGP season was so disappointing after making the finals last year, I was worried he wouldn’t make the Euros team.

Rumour has it the reason Adam's JGP season was below par was that he ripped up his ankle trying to do a 4A not long before the start of the season. Which is a bit WTF, but apparently 4A stupidity is all the rage these days...

Japanfan

Am I the only one schocked by FFSG's communique? In North America, it would be something like "we will wait for the police report" or anything low-tone. LEt justice be justice. They would look like fools if he is found guilty. They attack the journalist on which basis? They could be sued for that.

And they should have said something like "We sympathize victims of sexual assault in all situations and are that sexual assault is a serious and troubling problem. However, we cannot form any conclusions in this case until the legal process has run its course'.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
ISU Communication No. 2266 lists the countries with more than 1 spot for the 2020 ISU Championships.

For Euros, France has 3 spots in ladies/pairs/dance & 2 men's spots.
Junior Worlds: 2 spots in men/pairs/ice dance & 1 ladies' spot.
Worlds: 2 spots in pairs & dance; 1 man, 1 lady.

nimi

Rumour has it the reason Adam's JGP season was below par was that he ripped up his ankle trying to do a 4A not long before the start of the season. Which is a bit WTF, but apparently 4A stupidity is all the rage these days...
I remember Ted commentating on the JGP and saying that Adam picked the last 2 JGPs (Croatia and Egna) because he was recovering from an injury and needed the extra training time, or something to that effect. He didn't specify the injury, though. If it indeed was the 4A that was the culprit... yikes.

Anyway, good to see that both he and Romain look like they're more or less healthy now.

It was also good to see Joubert with a more natural hair color again. :psoty:

Sylvia

TBD
Show in Vaujany tonight:

Dec. 21st gala in Dunkerque (Nationals competition videos by day are linked from here):

Laurine Lecavelier is advertised for a Dec. 30th show in Pieve di Cadore, Italy:

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
Show in Vaujany tonight:
James/Ciprès are part of the line-up...

shah

Shhh... shhh...
ISU Communication No. 2266 lists the countries with more than 1 spot for the 2020 ISU Championships.

For Euros, France has 3 spots in ladies/pairs/dance & 2 men's spots.
Junior Worlds: 2 spots in men/pairs/ice dance & 1 ladies' spot.
Worlds: 2 spots in pairs & dance; 1 man, 1 lady.

How many of them will be actually used is another thing ;). Alas! :drama:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information