News and updates à la Française, part trois

Sylvia

TBD
In Souquet’s Instagram there is a pic of him with Julia Wagret. Are they skating together now?
Apparently... this is great.
Here's their off-ice photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhtRELfDc7T/?taken-by=pierre.souquet
She turned 19 in January and he will be 24 in July.

Wagret's former partner, Mathieu Couyras (they competed junior internationally together for 5 years), is listed on IPS -- he is still ISU Junior age-eligible for 2 more seasons: http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=6211

Belated thanks to @cholla for taking the time to type up such a detailed review of the Courchevel show! :respec:

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
Not that it will surprise anyone but Gailhaguet has been reelected as President of the French fed for 4 years. It's really "till death do us part" :lol: France made a bid for Worlds 2022. That is the only good news I see in all that.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Not that it will surprise anyone but Gailhaguet has been reelected as President of the French fed for 4 years. It's really "till death do us part" :lol: France made a bid for Worlds 2022. That is the only good news I see in all that.

I so hope France gets Worlds!! :)

libecha

Why do they keep re-electing him? Isn’t there anyone else who could replace him?

It's like FIFA and Sepp Blatter. He's too entrenched at this point and can control the power structure to punish opponents and reward cronies and toadies. People are scared of him and no one speaks up so no momentum gathers against him. The Massot family has publicly gone after him on a number of occasions but they have the advantage that Bruno is protected by the DEU now. For those still stuck inside, it's not so simple. The only ways I see him leaving are if he goes too far and leads FFSG into total financial ruin so the cronies and toadies turn on him, or another Salt Lake-type scandal that forces the ISU to act.

ChiquitaBanana

I was going to write "why do they vote for him" but I read the other post and I understand why now... Still... even the athletes have enough of his behaviours...

Sylvia

TBD
Dates for the French Masters in Villard-de-Lans are Sept. 27-29, 2018: https://ffsg.org/evenement/masters-de-patinage-villard-de-lans/

Senior Ladies (5):
LECAVELIER Laurine
MAHAMOUD Nadjma
MALKOVA Anna
MEITE Maé-Bérénice
SERNA Léa

Senior Men (7):
AYMOZ Kévin
BESSEGHIER Chafik
ECONOMIDES Luc
PONSART Romain
ROLS Joshua
TESSON Adrien
WARREN Philip

Senior Dance (5):
PAPADAKIS Gabriella / CIZERON Guillaume
LAURIAULT Marie-Jade / LE GAC Romain
WAGRET Julia / SOUQUET Pierre (new)
GALYAVIEVA Adelina / THAURON Louis (new)
MONTANER Lise / ABECCASSIS Laurent (new)

Senior Pairs (3):
JAMES Vanessa / CIPRES Morgan
MENDOZA Camille / KOVALEV Pavel
KERIVEN Coline / PIERRE Noël-Antoine
(Not listed: Esbrat/Novoselov)

Junior Ladies (12):
CAGNON Adriana
CROZET Alizée
DUBECQ Charlotte
FROETSCHER Julie
KUZMENKO Anna
GHOZALI Lola
MUGNIER Naomie
PIEGAD Océane
PITOT Héloïse
RAMOND Sandra
SCHILD Lorine
WANNER Pauline

Junior Men (12):
BOUVART Tom
COLLET Maxence
FRECHON Yann
GOMEZ Mathieu
HERREBOUDT Antonin
LE MAY Landry
MIMAULT Vincent
SEREIR Lotfi
SIAO HIM FA Adam
SPINAR Corentin
VAUCLIN Ian
VAUCLIN Xavier

Junior Dance (9):
LAGOUGE Natacha / RAHIER Corentin
DEMOUGEOT Loicia / LEMERCIER Théo (listed for JGP #1 in SVK)
DUPAYAGE Marie / NABAIS Thomas (listed for JGP #1 in SVK)
SECLET MONCHOT Lila-Maya / MANCEAUX Renan (listed as alternate for JGP #1 in SVK)
TERREAUX Lou / PERRON Noé (listed as alternate for JGP #1 in SVK)
FRADJI Célina / FOURNEAUX Jean-Hans
TERREAUX Ninon / BAUMGARTNER Alric
KUZINA Alisa / COUYRAS Mathieu (new)
LOPAREVA Evguenia / BRISSAUD Geoffrey (new; she competed on JGP last year with Alexey Karpushov RUS)

Junior Pair:
MOLCHANOVA Liudmila / BELMONTE Rémi - (eta) they entered French Junior Nationals this past February but WD: http://ligue-des-alpes-patinage.org/CSNPA/Saison20172018/FranceJunior2018_RESULTS/CAT003RS.HTM

Last edited:

cholla

It's still not official as in acted by the FFSG but Esbrat/Novoselov have splitted. They weren't at the summer test in Lyon last week-end.

I'm surprised (or not) Abachkina/New Partner aren't on the list.

Reading the list, it seems France does a lot of its "shopping" in Russia.

Enchanted

^ Is he coaching all of them or just Cheremsky? Or are there even others than Cheremsky representing Azerbaijan.

Vagabond

^ Is he coaching all of them or just Cheremsky? Or are there even others than Cheremsky representing Azerbaijan.
There is a pair, Yana Buga and Georgy Pokhilyuk, representing Azerbaijan in Juniors this season.

Sofiya Karagodina/Semyon Stepanov, Morgan Flood, and Larry Loupolover all represented Azerbaijan last season. I'm not sure whether she plans to compete this season.

At any rate, none of these other Azerbaijani ;) skaters is working with Joubert, AFAIK.

cholla

What happened here?!? :huh:
Lack of money. The club management has been entirely renewed. Former president (Michel Gentelet) and his daughter (coach Katia Gentelet) have been fired. He for embezzlement, she for professional misconduct. The club as it is now can't afford (yet) to organize an international competition (or any competition for the matter).

J

Jeschke

Lack of money. The club management has been entirely renewed. Former president (Michel Gentelet) and his daughter (coach Katia Gentelet) have been fired. He for embezzlement, she for professional misconduct. The club as it is now can't afforf to organize an international competition (or any competition for the matter).
A shame, it was always one of my fav Senior-B's and I loved the stream with the special light :wuzrobbed
#hopingfornextyear

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ I dug out 2 old posts by @Nmsis (from previous French news threads) -- this one was dated October 15, 2017:
[Adam] Siao Him Fa has been training with Joubert for 6 months. At most.
He was coached as a young boy (as were all his siblings) by Laurent Depouilly in Bordeaux.
Then Depouilly left Bordeaux (first to coach Joubert in 2009-2010, then to go to South Africa as his rink in Bordeaux was being torn down). Adam's older brother Benjamin who was a promising young skater stopped competing.
Adam then moved away from his family to train in Toulouse with Rodolphe Maréchal and Baptiste Porquet (the first is from Candeloro's generation, the other competed with young Joubert). But they didn't have the training conditions / hours to push Adam further.
So he has now moved to Poitiers where Brian is starting his own club.
April 11, 2015:
Adam Siao Him Fa [link to Oct. 2014 video], 14yo - Toulouse - Hopefully, the future leader of the boys when Amodio retires post Pyeongchang. Has started to do 3lz and 3f at the end of this season. Given the few entries there are for the french boys, I really hope the fed will not hold him back or make him feel he's not in the right club by not giving him a JGP.

Sylvia

TBD
Internationaux de France TBD host spots filled (as of Sept. 18 on ISU grid):
Lea SERNA
Kevin AYMOZ
Adelina GALAYAVIEVA / Louis THAURON

It took a while but Esbrat/Novoselov's names have been crossed out (3rd spot to be filled by a French or another country's pair?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information