News and updates à la Française, part quatre

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Easy. Tay-oh Bee-go. :D
..... Disapointing, isn't it ? :p

OTOH, did they ever learn to pronounce Guillaume correctly during the 8 last years ? :saint:
I think they’ve only just found out Takahashi isn’t actually Die-SOO-kee after all :D

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I think you underestimate the ways in which the Eurosport guys can butcher names. My money is on Theee-Oh Big-got. ;)

Think they finally got Guillaume’s name right at the Olympics. :lol:
Back when I started really following skating C&S were my main source of information. I trusted them. Imagine the shame when I started going to watch live skating and meeting up with FSUers to discover I couldn’t even pronounce names of some Olympic champions correctly... :drama:

SLIVER

Back when I started really following skating C&S were my main source of information. I trusted them. Imagine the shame when I started going to watch live skating and meeting up with FSUers to discover I couldn’t even pronounce names of some Olympic champions correctly... :drama:
Like Maria Butryskaya as Simon Reed called her for years(and made me do the same too :D ). Not Maria Butyrskaya...

Sylvia

TBD
FFSG’s 2022 Junior World team announcement earlier today (March 5): https://www.instagram.com/p/CauefOzI7j7/

@Nmsis posted after Junior Nationals in early February in Kiss & Cry:

Men (2):
Corentin SPINAR (coach : Didier Lucine), François PITOT (Florent Amodio)

Pair (1): Oxana VOUILLAMOZ / Flavien GINIAUX (Bruno Massot)

Ice Dance (2):
Célina FRADJI / Jean-Hans FOURNEAUX (Karine Arribert)
Eva BERNARD / Tom JOCHUM (Karine Arribert)

Lorine SCHILD (Junior National silver medalist; scored 154.83 to Lola GHOZALI’s 157.88) - coached by Malika Tahir according to her ISU bio.

Last edited:

annelise

New French pair.
Coline Keriven/Tom Bouvart
They will train in Caen and Paris with Bruno Massot and Claude Peri.

Last edited:

Vagabond

FFSG’s 2022 Junior World team announcement earlier today (March 5): https://www.instagram.com/p/CauefOzI7j7/

@Nmsis posted after Junior Nationals in early February in Kiss & Cry:

Men (2):
Corentin SPINAR (coach : Didier Lucine), François PITOT (Florent Amodio)

Pair (1): Oxana VOUILLAMOZ / Flavien GINIAUX (Bruno Massot)

Ice Dance (2):
Célina FRADJI / Jean-Hans FOURNEAUX (Karine Arribert)
Eva BERNARD / Tom JOCHUM (Karine Arribert)

Lorine SCHILD (Junior National silver medalist; scored 154.83 to Lola GHOZALI’s 157.88) - coached by Malika Tahir according to her ISU bio.
I foresee some challenges for the British Eurosport guys in the seasons to come.

:watch:

Nmsis

As the "little" championships are ending, here are a few french skaters to remember :

Stefania Gladki, coached by Rodolphe Maréchal (Adam Siao Him Fa's coach when he was in Toulouse) in Nice.
She'll be 12 yo next season. She has her triples up to the lutz and two 3-3 but has been punished for under-rotation at novice nats (a bit severe).
She's quite lovely to watch (on this video at 7:48:12)

In the past, this would be the moment where Gailhaguet would put his boot on promising girl coach's throat, her and her parents' head to force her to go to Bercy where she would disapear into the competitive night over the summer.
praying the skating gods that this won't happen anymore

In ice dance, I love far too many novice dancers.
Starting with Dania Mouaden and Théo Bigot (6:03:30, holy cow, was that sharp !)
Nell Denton and Joseph Booth (5:56:10) are also very good. New couple, actually a Schoenfelder/Delobels couple, half Lyon, half St Gervais.

Last edited:

synian

For those who would like to see the french Team tour exhibition, il will be shown on the https://www.telegrenoble.net/direct.html tonight at 8 PM french time (it is 11 am juste now). or on tv (depend on your tv access : freebox = 903, bbox = 316, sfr = 477, orange = 348, tnt 38 numericable = 477)
Not sure but outside of france you will probably need a vpn ....
The exhibition will be presented by Brian joubert and philippe Candellero.

Enchanted

The commentators on Tele Grenoble are rather chatty.

ETA: Now Joubert is skating to Je suis malade :lol: I wish the French skaters would choose other songs when skating to French music.

ETA 2: I’m happy Bonheur and Dytrt have the possibility to have a solid show skating career but that program was scary.

ETA 3: The order of the cities is a bit weird. They will travel from Brive to Poitiers. Then from Poitiers to Bourdeaux and then to Tours. That order makes no sense.

Last edited:

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
ETA 3: The order of the cities is a bit weird. They will travel from Brive to Poitiers. Then from Poitiers to Bourdeaux and then to Tours. That order makes no sense.
Geographically it's totally illogical (and long and exhausting) but it's been planned this way because of rinks availabilities. Lots of them have public sessions in the afternoon and evening, + sessions for schools, but not many have 2 ice arenas. Yesterday in Grenoble, the main arena was almost filled to capacity with the gala, but the public rink was very crowded too.

rara64

Just discovered Dania Mouaden / Théo Bigot , what an impressive young couple they are. Great glide, musicality and poise for their age. If they can continue, they are definitely a young team to watch out for.
Another great performance for them during the National Championships 2 weeks ago : https://fb.watch/cdy5rFcs7M/

They won the title in advanced novices at only 12 and 13 (like Papadakis / Cizeron, the last ones to achieve that) against some dancers aged between 15 and 17 ! For their age, they are super consistent, glide so well, and work on their expression... Must follow...

Taso

Guillaume Cizeron will be the choreographer of next Lopareva/Brissaud's FD. Sounds very interesting and promising.
Just curious where are they training now? They had been working in Moscow with Rubleva and Shefer, I believe since they paired up in 2018

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Another great performance for them during the National Championships 2 weeks ago : https://fb.watch/cdy5rFcs7M/

They won the title in advanced novices at only 12 and 13 (like Papadakis / Cizeron, the last ones to achieve that) against some dancers aged between 15 and 17 ! For their age, they are super consistent, glide so well, and work on their expression... Must follow...
They look incredibly pro for their age. If they stay together, I can see a great future for them.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Evgeniia Lopareva is officially French! She received her French passport today. Congratulations!

Gris

不做奴才做公民

Junior dance team Bernard / Jochum (11th at Junior Worlds 2022) has split. He'll focus on studies and she'll look for a new partner.

Dobre

Junior dance team Bernard / Jochum (11th at Junior Worlds 2022) has split. He'll focus on studies and she'll look for a new partner.
:cry:
They were my favorite French junior team last season.

briancoogaert

Good for them if it's their choice. So sad for Figure Skating, I really like them !

Sylvia

TBD
Kevin Aymoz announced that he is collaborating with Brice Mousset on his new programs: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cebh4LmIvOT/
Machine translation:
I have great pleasure to announce the collaboration with @bricemousset to create my new programs for the upcoming season. 🤩 After 2 days of intense work and loving the short program, I am exploring and discovering new ways to express myself on ice! Can't wait to tell you all this! 🤫😜
More about Mousset: https://www.broadwaydancecenter.com/faculty/brice-mousset

Maé-Bérénice Méité posted today that she is working on her new programs with Rohene Ward: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cee3_dGAT9H/
My favorite process has begun, with an amazing person 🤩 super excited to Collab with @rohenew for my 2022/23 season.
Both programs have a deep and specific meaning for me, and I am beyond excited that Rohene will be the one bringing that vision to life.
Thank you for accepting the challenge, thank tou for helping me pushing my limits further and higher, and excited to create some magic together ✨
Sneak pic into the beginning of my choreo 🤩
ETA that Rohene shared this photo with Mae from a Chicago rink today: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ceei3jlv2qu/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information