News and updates à la Française, part trois

kirkbiggestfan

Adam Siao Him Fa is now coached by Laurent Depouilly. He will train in the Courbevoie training center. Benoit Richaud will be his choreographer and will work with him on a daily basis. He will also work with off-ice trainer Cyril Le Goazigo. Adam is training with a lot of French skaters in Courchevel. That includes Joubert's group (Lea Serna, Landry Le May) and Aymoz, Mazzara, Hamon-Strekalin, Galyavieva-Thauron ...
Officially, Adam left Brian Joubert to focus on his PCS more and be in a training center that offers everything.

I don't think I have seen this in other threads

kirkbiggestfan

Officially...?
That is the reason given to the media. It was done with respect for the previous coach. From a PR perspective, it was done well.
However, it is the second time a senior male skater is leaving Joubert. Ponsart was the first student. They both complained about deficiencies in his coaching. Joubert is a young and ambitious coach, so I am sure he will improve and learn from this. Joubert's school is still rather new and gained a lot of good junior skaters the past 2 years. Obviously, we all know that Brian did not like to work with traditional off-ice trainers, ballet teachers , ice-dancers,.... It is almost like Brian would need a Patrick Chan-type to coach with him. I know that Marina Anissina helped a bit, but it will take a lot of work to create a structure with everything a skater needs nowadays.

MsZem

I see the sea
I don't see this is similar to Ponsart, as Adam did train in Poitiers for quite a while. It's a move that makes sense, and I think Joubert will need to figure out how to work with people who can complement what he brings to the table.

Adam has to know that his competitive opportunities next year will be limited. The GP is a question mark, and you have to expect that even if Euros/Worlds will be held, Aymoz will be the one to go. That makes next season a good time for him to overhaul his basics and style.

mella

That is the reason given to the media. It was done with respect for the previous coach. From a PR perspective, it was done well.
However, it is the second time a senior male skater is leaving Joubert. Ponsart was the first student. They both complained about deficiencies in his coaching. Joubert is a young and ambitious coach, so I am sure he will improve and learn from this. Joubert's school is still rather new and gained a lot of good junior skaters the past 2 years. Obviously, we all know that Brian did not like to work with traditional off-ice trainers, ballet teachers , ice-dancers,.... It is almost like Brian would need a Patrick Chan-type to coach with him. I know that Marina Anissina helped a bit, but it will take a lot of work to create a structure with everything a skater needs nowadays.

Ah I see. Thank you.

morgan rye

French team question:::::::::::::::this is not a reply to anything but a question about the skaters that were training in florida with the Zimmermans. was wondering if they are still coaching and if some of the french team is still with them.

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
Kevin Aymoz was on the ice in Courchevel last month: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAnmfWkIn5f/
He'd like to get back to Florida asap. He had no trouble flying back to France to spend lockdown with his family. Returning to Wesley Chapel now is far more complicated. He is currently in Paris but will maybe come back to Grenoble to practice if he can be granted ice time.

millyskate

I must have missed it but has Mae's video got the attention it deserves?
I guess it being in French has limited the audience but it's very powerful. Her text and reading are very strong.

Last edited:

Peepsquick

I must have missed it but has Mae's video got the attention it deserves?
I guess it being in French has limited the audience but it's very powerful. He text and reading are very strong.

Thank you @milliskate! I had only seen an excerpt but this is really inspiring. Beautiful Job, Mae!

clairecloutier

Christine Brennan is reporting that the Pasco County sheriff's office in Florida is reopening their investigation into allegations of sexual abuse against Morgan Cipres. The victim is now cooperating with police in the case (after being hesitant to come forward earlier).

“I can confirm the case has been reopened due to new or additional information,” spokesperson Amanda Hunter wrote in an email, adding “this is now an ongoing, active investigation.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information