News and updates à la Française, part quatre

Samurina

France has 3 men for Euros. I would be shocked if he isn't selected for that team.

They have 2 men for Worlds. I suppose if Kevin bombs his FS at Euros that could put his spot on the Worlds team in jeopardy.
i would honestly think they should assign Fa, Economides, and Pitot to Euros give Kevin some rest and then assign him to worlds if able

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
i would honestly think they should assign Fa, Economides, and Pitot to Euros give Kevin some rest and then assign him to worlds if able
Hmmm... not necessarily the worst idea in the world, though who knows if/how that would mess with Kevin's mindset going into Worlds. Pitot at least has Jr Worlds coming up to earn ISU Championship points.

bladesofgorey

IDEC if this is too negative for this thread. His jump technique is HIDEOUS

Good for the French fed to start promoting him just as he gained consistency. Would be nowhere without that prerotated, overscored 4Lz.
You really are a delight!
Have you ever skated? Like, past single rotation jumps? You may not like his style but his jump technique is quite good actually.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Novel idea: how about they don’t send their #7 man to either Worlds or Euros but instead pick a younger skater who’s shown more consistency and hasn’t delivered multiple nightmare skates to ****ing BOLERO this season?

But then again, I assume the French fed must have financed new cars for the entire Espoo judging panel based on the lengths they went to to rob Rizzo and Sato so Aymoz could have his miserable last-place GPF appearance, so I don’t want to underestimate the depths of the French federation’s irrational investment in this skater.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

I’m 🙏 for Sylvia Fontana as coach and psychologist! It must be difficult.

P.s. Fontana wasn’t even there…see Kiss & Cry at the end of his FS film:

Last edited:

Xallie

Novel idea: how about they don’t send their #7 man to either Worlds or Euros but instead pick a younger skater who’s shown more consistency and hasn’t delivered multiple nightmare skates to ****ing BOLERO this season?

But then again, I assume the French fed must have financed new cars for the entire Espoo judging panel based on the lengths they went to to rob Rizzo and Sato so Aymoz could have his miserable last-place GPF appearance, so I don’t want to underestimate the depths of the French federation’s irrational investment in this skater.

Peepsquick

That's quite some shade you are throwing around here ...

Last edited:

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
Am I mistaken or did Masters used to function as a sort of test skates?
Yes, that's it. It's also qualifications for Grand Prix de France as this GP is always held before nationals.

But this year, they did separate junior and senior "monitoring", then Masters, then Nats.
Junior nationals are always separate. At Masters, juniors and seniors compete separately. More often than not, juniors find themselves competing in senior because France doesn't have many senior competitive skaters. A lot of juniors give up and chose studying before reaching the senior ranks in all the disciplines except in dance where there is a large field.

cholla

I am predicting that Aymoz will finish second or last at Europeans. ;) Don't forget that the emotional roller-coaster quickly goes back up!
That :lol: He'll either be on the podium or he won't pass the cut! That's Kevin in a nutshell.

He left Vaujany just after the FP and didn't come back for the traditional Xmas TV gala that was taped on Saturday evening, losing a big chunk of money in the process. This doesn't exactly bode well for the future.

briancoogaert

And Worlds Assignments :

𝗦𝗲́𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗮𝘁𝘀 𝗱𝘂 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗲 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰
Retrouvez ci-dessous l'Équipe de France qui nous représentera aux Championnats du Monde de patinage artistique du 20 au 23 mars à Montréal au Canada
😍

𝙈𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙚𝙪𝙧𝙨
Kevin AYMOZ
Adam SIAO HIM FA
𝘿𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨
Léa SERNA
𝘾𝙤𝙪𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙨
Camille KOVALEV/Pavel KOVALEV
𝘿𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙚
Loicia DEMOUGEOT/Théo LE MERCIER
Evgeniia LOPAREVA/Geoffrey BRISSAUD

cholla

Ah, good luck to her! Maybe Lorine has an injury, then, or something more important going on in the Worlds timeframe (exams, surgery, family reunion, who knows).
I don't think so. She is going to Euros, Serna to Worlds (I don't think it's fair but...) and Gladki to Junior Worlds. It's the choice of the Almighty Lords of FFSG. Do not look for a reason :lol: Well, actually it could simply be that Léa has more experience of international competitions splatfests :2faced: (bad baaaaad me)

Ultraviolet

I don't think so. She is going to Euros, Serna to Worlds (I don't think it's fair but...) and Gladki to Junior Worlds. It's the choice of the Almighty Lords of FFSG. Do not look for a reason :lol: Well, actually it could simply be that Léa has more experience of international competitions splatfests :2faced: (bad baaaaad me)
If it’s fair that Kevin goes to Europe and Worlds, it should be fair that the FFSG considers the beginning half of the season for Lea too.

Miezekatze

From what I saw of the French women this year, all of them seemed pretty strong and on a relatively close level to each other (it was very close at the GP de France and Serna came out on top), so I don't think it's really outrageous to give all of them one chance?

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
What strange assignments from the FFSG. What would've been the harm of taking a wait-and-see approach to Worlds?

The issue with Serna is that she hasn't demonstrated the technical content to be competitive, even in her earlier-season clean performances. She will struggle to qualify without a triple-triple attempt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information