NCAA Gymnastics

barbk

LSU's coach today on bringing Alexis Jeffrey onto the LSU team: "And we think this is an opportunity, exactly what we're trying to affect change here for learning, for change, for educational opportunities for someone who may have made a mistake.":angryfire barf :angryfire

Considering the detailed steps they went through to make sure she wouldn’t disrupt the team, I’m giving LSU a B+ on this one. I doubt she will become someone I cheer for, though.

I might have been so inclined had the coach said, "for educational opportunities for someone who admitted she made mistakes."

I'm also dubious that "everyone" on the team was unanimously in favor of bringing Jeffries on the team.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Well, the UCLA situation is turning into Marz and Sekai vs. the world. Norah has gone pretty much silent as has the rest of the team. I’m not sure what to make of it as it could be “enough, let’s get on with the season” or it’s more that the Jeffrey situation impacted them more than the others.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Alabama vs. Auburn is airing on ESPN right now and judging from just this first rotation, I think it's gonna be a really good one! :cheer:

Aceon6

To be charitable, the C is pretty close to the D on the keyboard.

Aceon6

ESPN2 and ABC have NCAA coverage today and Saturday. Today’s semis are on ESPN2. The afternoon session has Oklahoma, Utah, Alabama and Minnesota. The evening has Florida, Michigan, Auburn and Missouri. The individuals competing are a compelling mix of Olympians and women who really excel under the NCAA scoring system.

Aceon6

Wow. Really bad 3rd and 4th rotations for Michigan. Congrats to our final four: Oklahoma, Utah, Florida and Auburn. Can’t wait for Saturday.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
AUBURN!!!! :respec: I've been such a big fan of theirs this entire season and after what happened to them last year (they had Covid issues and didn't get to compete in the post season), I was rooting really hard for them to make it to the finals at Nationals. Hope they have a great meet on Saturday! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

BaileyCatts

Is there a link for full results for the events? All I can find are who won each event and AA. I want to see full standings who was 2nd, 3rd, etc.??

Rob

Beach Bum
I haven’t watched NCAA before so I don’t know many of the gymnasts who weren’t big on the elite scene. But wow, Megan Skaggs is just gorgeous.
She is gorgeous. She was on the National team and made it to PamAms and smaller internationals but never Worlds. Jordan Bowers and Audrey Davis are great too. I only caught the second half, but Oklahoma on bars is really special. I thought Maile O’Keefe would make it to the 2020 games and suddenly she went to Utah. I love her gymnastics too.

AYS

🌻
I was confused by Meghan Skaggs scored below 9.9 on her final floor exercise, since the performance looked flawless to me. Does she not have max difficulty?

I also love her, and she is such a solid lead off competitor.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Just caught up on the ncaa semi finals and finals. So exciting to see all the former Olympians and world class competitors, from GB and Canada too. Im a new fan as before just watched the elites and up. College gymnastics I am hooked, I love their spirit and the tech is much higher then I expected.

millyskate

The standard really is high these days aside from UB. It's been interesting to see Lucy Stanhope do so well as she never was a main GB team member. I'm always impressed with beam as in elite, gymnasts are so inconsistent on similar skills.

I must admit I'll never get the hyper cheering, it just feels childish and very silly to me - and fake as gymnasts appear required to cheer for themselves after a disappointing performance.

OlieRow

Clemson just hired their inaugural coach - Amy Smith from Utah State. I don’t follow NCAA close enough to know much about her career other than what’s in the article but I’m hoping she’s successful. I think Clemson fans will really embrace the program and see no reason why they can’t compete in the medium-term in the ACC if they do things right. I’m a Clemson alum living just over 2 hours from campus and have already have a group of friends who have said we’ll get season tickets.

Clemson announces women’s gymnastics program’s first coach

Aceon6

Clemson just hired their inaugural coach - Amy Smith from Utah State. I don’t follow NCAA close enough to know much about her career other than what’s in the article but I’m hoping she’s successful. I think Clemson fans will really embrace the program and see no reason why they can’t compete in the medium-term in the ACC if they do things right. I’m a Clemson alum living just over 2 hours from campus and have already have a group of friends who have said we’ll get season tickets.

Clemson announces women’s gymnastics program’s first coach
Glad they dodged the Chris Waller bullet.

love skating

Clueless American
UCLA hired Janelle McDonald as Head Coach. I don't know much about her other than being an assistant coach at Cal, but the response has been overwhelmingly positive. I've only heard good things so far. So I'm happy my alma mater settled that and apparently got a good hire. Hoping she can bring the program back into the upper echelon again... Go Bruins! 💙💛

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information