Music You Hate in Skating

bladesofgorey

All those songs with lyrics where the word "fall" or "falling" punctuates a jumping pass or there are lots of general lyrics about slipping/falling. Why do so many choreographers think this is a good choice? And who knew so many songs contain these lyrics?

DynamicMutation

Great venting thread!

Lots of my least favorites brought up...BLUES FOR KLOOK is at the top and I am glad I am not alone.

Instead of repeating other unfavorites, I could do without any more of Samson and Delilah (though don't think it's been used lately)
and East of Eden (please don't throw tomatoes, MK fans :yikes:)

barbk

All those songs with lyrics where the word "fall" or "falling" punctuates a jumping pass or there are lots of general lyrics about slipping/falling. Why do so many choreographers think this is a good choice? And who knew so many songs contain these lyrics?
Ha! Meno and Sand were performing in a Kristi Yamaguchi holiday special taped in Denver back in the late 80's or early 90's. "FALL on your knees" was supposed to be a throw. She fell in the performance, then messed it up twice more in retakes before nailing it.
(Despite that, Jenni Meno was still one of my favorite pair ladies. She achieved absolutely gorgeous lift positions.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information